[LAW] American State Trials, Volume 4, by John D. Lawson -jo

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 48 is once again available to be claimed.
Show these outofsightoutofmind projects some love this weekend!
John Inglesant "the novel Tolkien loved"
Letters on Different Subjects in Natural Philosophy Science/Math (Leonhard Euler)
Sermons on Canticles
PL pls: 17
Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Sections 42-44 are PL OK :thumbs:
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919: 4 roles left
Good Words: 1870: 7 roles left
Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Roselbex wrote: May 6th, 2024, 2:47 pm Section 46 Length 38:54
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/americanstatetrials4_46_lawson_128kb.mp3

May I claim 85-96, thank you
Great, thankyou!
Letters on Different Subjects in Natural Philosophy Science/Math (Leonhard Euler)
Sermons on Canticles
KarenSmith

Post by KarenSmith »

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/americanstatetrials4_50_lawson_128kb_(1).mp3

Good afternoon.
I think I have made the adjustments. Thank you for your time in assisting me.
:-). Karen
Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

This section hasn't been proof-listened yet but here are the technical notes. Could you resolve the technical issues and then re-upload the file before prooflistening?
  • The volume of this track is 70.9dB. LV requires the overall volume for the track (measured by ReplayGain - you can try this tool if you want to check the volume) to be between 86-92dB (with 89dB being the ideal). The easiest way to fix this automatically is to use the 'Loudness Normalization' effect (set to -19LUFS in 'perceived loudness' mode) in recent versions of Audacity before exporting the track as an MP3. If you use RMS normalization, set it to -21dB. Another way to fix it would be to use the Amplify effect set to 18dB. Since the volume is so low, amplifying it sufficiently would increase the background noise a lot. Did you accidentally have the microphone slider lower than intended or were you further from the microphone than you should be?
  • We need 5 seconds of silence at the end of each Librivox track (or as close as you can make it). Currently, it's about 1 at the end.
Sermons on Canticles
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 51 is once again available to be claimed.
Sermons on Canticles
KarenSmith

Post by KarenSmith »

Good afternoon "IntheDesert"

I received the message below from the Proof Reader ELSIESELWYN ..... I will adjust the volume but the Proof Reader only wanted .5 to 1 second at the beginning.

If the two of you would kindly get together and let me know which silence is needed I will certainly do that.
by elsieselwyn » May 2nd, 2024, 11:52 am
KarenSmith wrote: ↑April 30th, 2024, 5:02 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/americanstatetrials4_50_lawson_128kb.mp3

Hello,
I have corrected the two issues....this is my "first" recording, so I am not sure exactly what I was doing.

Thank you for your assistance.

Karen Smith
No worries. You're doing great so far. It can take a little while to get the hang of it. You fixed almost all of InTheDesert's technical notes successfully :clap:

(I am the dedicated proof listener by the way if you are wondering who I am :))

I have two PL notes for your section:

I think you accidentally uploaded a file without the beginning silence edited down. Currently there are 14 seconds of silence at the beginning. Could you please cut that down to between .5-1 second of silence?

11:40-11:43 There is a long stretch of silence with just click sounds. Could you delete some of those seconds so that there is not a long pause there?
Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

KarenSmith wrote: May 8th, 2024, 2:54 pm Good afternoon "IntheDesert"

I received the message below from the Proof Reader ELSIESELWYN ..... I will adjust the volume but the Proof Reader only wanted .5 to 1 second at the beginning.
This one is the end :) Less than 1 second for the start and 5 seconds at the end is what we're looking for.
Last edited by InTheDesert on May 11th, 2024, 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sermons on Canticles
Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »