Greetings from Washington

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ToniaManley

Post by ToniaManley »

Hello LibriVox team,

My name is Tonia Manley, I am 51 years old and I have absolutely no experience in narrating audio recordings. However I have a love for audiobooks and having saturated my self in the financial self help books it came to me that perhaps I too could narrate audiobooks. To my surprise after some research I found a coach on the basics of audio recording. Recently I turned my office into a acoustic room and purchased some equipment. My coach advised me to consider gaining some experience with the LibriVox team.
After reading the introduction for LibriVox I am absolutely interested in various aspects and processes (narrating, editing. Etc.) for creating good audio book recordings.

My reading interests are, but not limited to: scientific, finance and wealth, self-help, healing, and children’s books.
It is my hope that I can and I will receive critique and advice on my vocal patterns and potential.

I have published one dissertation in 2022 which is placed in the ProQuest database.

I look forward to working with you!
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Welcome to LibriVox, Tonia!

I also enjoy reading/listening to finance, wealth, and self-help books. Who doesn't? :lol: I am currently reading a book called How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. It's such an eye-opening book and has impacted my life for the better! Sadly, it's not in the public domain, so at the moment, we cannot record it for LibriVox. But we will eventually.

Explore, enjoy, and have fun. We've all been the "new kid in the block" at one point, so please don't hesitate to ask if anything is unclear.

Best wishes,
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
ToniaManley

Post by ToniaManley »

Thank you Daria, pleased to meet you!
ToniaManley

Post by ToniaManley »

Thank you Daria, pleased to meet you!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

ToniaManley wrote: September 24th, 2023, 9:45 pm Hello LibriVox team,

My name is Tonia Manley, I am 51 years old and I have absolutely no experience in narrating audio recordings. However I have a love for audiobooks and having saturated my self in the financial self help books it came to me that perhaps I too could narrate audiobooks. To my surprise after some research I found a coach on the basics of audio recording. Recently I turned my office into a acoustic room and purchased some equipment. My coach advised me to consider gaining some experience with the LibriVox team.
After reading the introduction for LibriVox I am absolutely interested in various aspects and processes (narrating, editing. Etc.) for creating good audio book recordings.

My reading interests are, but not limited to: scientific, finance and wealth, self-help, healing, and children’s books.
It is my hope that I can and I will receive critique and advice on my vocal patterns and potential.

I have published one dissertation in 2022 which is placed in the ProQuest database.

I look forward to working with you!
Welcome to Librivox, Tonia!

Once you have completed your one minute test, I thought you might be interested in contributing to these projects, given your interests: You can see all the available group projects that are looking for readers here.