[COMPLETE][DR]Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

crystalpenny wrote: December 14th, 2023, 10:23 amThanks, Sonia! That makes much more sense. Try this one.
Chapter 16 - Bread and Buttonholes
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_16_alcott_128kb.mp3
yep, perfectly edited, and now PL ok, thanks

Sonia
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Kitty wrote: December 11th, 2023, 2:23 am
ej400 wrote: December 10th, 2023, 7:02 pmHere is Chapter 2: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_02_alcott_128kb.mp3 -19:57
and another excellently edited chapter, I've been spoilt today. 8-) thank you Elijah

There is only one repeat to be cut, the rest was perfect:

> from 10:03 to 10:10: repeated line, can be cut here: "Mac's the fellow to hunt up the old stories and tell us how to dress right, and pick out rousing bits for us to speak and sing"

Sonia
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_02_alcott_128kb.mp3

Now 19:48

Thank you!
crystalpenny

Post by crystalpenny »

Here is Chapter 15 - Ear-Rings
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_15_alcott_128kb.mp3
(22:56) 89.2 dB

Notes:
2:24 I hear a bang across the word "mamma" but so quick hopefully of no consequence

referring to Annabel's friend, Hatty Mason
3:32 Annabel says "Hatty" pronounced with a long "a" as in the country Haiti
4:09 narrator says "Hatty" pronounced with a short "a" as in batty, catty, natty.
Please advise.

Really fun performance by Daria :clap:
~carolyn
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

crystalpenny wrote: December 15th, 2023, 3:39 pm Here is Chapter 15 - Ear-Rings
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_15_alcott_128kb.mp3
(22:56) 89.2 dB

Notes:
2:24 I hear a bang across the word "mamma" but so quick hopefully of no consequence

4:09 narrator says "Hatty" pronounced with a short "a" as in batty, catty, natty.
Please advise.

Really fun performance by Daria :clap:
Thanks, Carolyn! :) I think these detections are passable, but we’ll wait and see what Sonia thinks.
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:thumbs: thanks, now PL ok

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

crystalpenny wrote: December 15th, 2023, 3:39 pmhttps://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_15_alcott_128kb.mp3
Notes:

Please advise.
these are trivial deviations, and not really audible even. I think it can well pass and chapter 15 is PL ok right away. :thumbs: thank you so much for the great work Carolyn.

Sonia
crystalpenny

Post by crystalpenny »

Kitty wrote: December 16th, 2023, 3:36 am
these are trivial deviations, and not really audible even. I think it can well pass and chapter 15 is PL ok right away.
Thanks, Sonia! Still trying to learn what is considered OK within the LV realm. Looks like it may take awhile :lol:
So that completes my allotment of chapters to edit. Thank you so much, Elijah, for sharing the task!

I have been incredibly impressed by the acting talent of this cast and thank everyone. It was a great honor to narrate.
Special thanks to Daria and Sonia for keeping the project humming along on a daily basis. No small feat!

I will now exit stage left and wish you all a pleasant completion of this project. If at any point you need help, let me know.  
~carolyn
ej400

Post by ej400 »

crystalpenny wrote: December 16th, 2023, 1:11 pm Still trying to learn what is considered OK within the LV realm. Looks like it may take awhile
So that completes my allotment of chapters to edit. Thank you so much, Elijah, for sharing the task!

I have been incredibly impressed by the acting talent of this cast and thank everyone. It was a great honor to narrate.
Special thanks to Daria and Sonia for keeping the project humming along on a daily basis. No small feat!

I will now exit stage left and wish you all a pleasant completion of this project. If at any point you need help, let me know.
Thank you for your help Carolyn, and for your work!

I would recommend maybe reading up on the PL faq / guidelines viewtopic.php?p=318667#p318667
I know editing isn't really PLing, but it's sort of similar when it comes to saying "hey, is this a PL note of a sort?" And there were some cases with the text where it did vary, but generally, some of those things listed in the faq have helped answer my questions on if it should be a note for someone to correct or not.
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

crystalpenny wrote: December 16th, 2023, 1:11 pm Thanks, Sonia! Still trying to learn what is considered OK within the LV realm. Looks like it may take awhile :lol:

Thank you, Carolyn! You’ve done a fantastic job of narrating and editing, and we have been blessed to have you involved in this project! :clap:

All the best,
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Christmas now finished.... Chapter 3 is finished, I'll be doing the fine tuning shortly, should be up tomorrow or Friday.

I'll be getting the dramatis personae in as well pretty soon.
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

ej400 wrote: December 27th, 2023, 4:15 pm Christmas now finished.... Chapter 3 is finished, I'll be doing the fine tuning shortly, should be up tomorrow or Friday.

I'll be getting the dramatis personae in as well pretty soon.
Thanks for keeping us updated. :thumbs:
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I ran into a couple of problems with what I put together, but I'm nearly finished with it now :thumbs:

My goal is going to be 2 or three chapters a week :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ej400 wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 3:42 pmHere is the Dramatis Personae:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_00_alcott_128kb.mp3 -2:50
perfectly stitched together and PL ok. Thank you

Daria: all the readers still need to be inserted into that section, not sure why there are only a handful :hmm:

Sonia
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Kitty wrote: January 4th, 2024, 4:54 am
ej400 wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 3:42 pmHere is the Dramatis Personae:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_00_alcott_128kb.mp3 -2:50
perfectly stitched together and PL ok. Thank you

Daria: all the readers still need to be inserted into that section, not sure why there are only a handful :hmm:

Sonia
LOL! There were only a handful of names listed because I was adding them while you were proof-listening. I was about to add the time stamp as well, but when I refreshed the screen, it had already been attached! I guess we were working on the MW roughly around the same time. :lol:

All done now. 8-)
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave