Dramatic Reading Suggestions

Plays and other dramatic works
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Folks probably know I'm preparing to launch a dramatic reading of The Hardy Boys book #3: The Secret of the Old Mill. We've already completed book 1, and book 2 is in editing right now - slow and steady. :wink:

So for book 3, scripts are prepared, lines counted, and I am making a final check of both this week! If there's still interest, I plan to go live next Saturday, October 7. I'll do the parts-PL, then the narration and editing once most of the lines are in.

For returning characters, anyone who has previously expressed a desire to reprise their role will again have 3 days after launch, to confirm their claim in the project thread. After that, anyone is welcome to claim any open role.

For new characters, we have a smattering of Bayport citizens we hadn't met before, some strangers including a con artist or two, and some suspicious characters who run some kind of an operation out of the Old Mill! That's a total of 27 characters... including the cat. :mrgreen:
victoriaalicebell

Post by victoriaalicebell »

redrun wrote: September 30th, 2023, 8:31 pm Folks probably know I'm preparing to launch a dramatic reading of The Hardy Boys book #3: The Secret of the Old Mill. We've already completed book 1, and book 2 is in editing right now - slow and steady. :wink:

So for book 3, scripts are prepared, lines counted, and I am making a final check of both this week! If there's still interest, I plan to go live next Saturday, October 7. I'll do the parts-PL, then the narration and editing once most of the lines are in.

For returning characters, anyone who has previously expressed a desire to reprise their role will again have 3 days after launch, to confirm their claim in the project thread. After that, anyone is welcome to claim any open role.

For new characters, we have a smattering of Bayport citizens we hadn't met before, some strangers including a con artist or two, and some suspicious characters who run some kind of an operation out of the Old Mill! That's a total of 27 characters... including the cat. :mrgreen:
I would love to take a role in this DR.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Update re: Ivanhoe DR -

I'm editing as fast as I can to open a spot for Scott to run Ivanhoe. Between the two of us we're almost finished proof-reading the scripts. It's a fun one. :) I think it'll be about a month for the opening to come up, and he'll launch it then!
~Lynette * - no computer access until Friday or Saturday
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

LCaulkins wrote: October 2nd, 2023, 6:51 am Update re: Ivanhoe DR -

I'm editing as fast as I can to open a spot for Scott to run Ivanhoe. Between the two of us we're almost finished proof-reading the scripts. It's a fun one. :) I think it'll be about a month for the opening to come up, and he'll launch it then!
Woohoo! I'll be looking for it in the New Projects Launch Pad! :)

Thank you both so much for doing this project,
~Norah Leigh ~
"If God took the trouble to tell us 800 times to be glad and rejoice, He must want us to do it!" Pollyanna
[DR, Children]The Box-Car Children (Only 4 tiny roles open!)
[Group, History]In the Days of Queen Elizabeth (Full)
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

LCaulkins wrote: October 2nd, 2023, 6:51 am Update re: Ivanhoe DR -

Thanks for the update, Lynette. I was starting to get worried that it wouldn’t get launched after all! :lol:

Looking foward to contributing! :clap:
victoriaalicebell

To my knowledge there has only been one Anne of Green Gables DR. There have been many solos and a few group projects. What are everyone's thoughts on a second one? I'd happily BC it.

If this were to take place, I would like to take a larger role. Maybe Diana.
Last edited by victoriaalicebell on November 2nd, 2023, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HenriettaStrauss

Post by HenriettaStrauss »

victoriaalicebell wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 10:39 am To my knowledge there has only been one Anne of Green Gables DR. There have been many solos and a few group projects. What are everyone's thoughts on a second one?

If this were to take place, I would like to take a larger role. Maybe Diana.
I would love to help in this DR.
~ Henrietta Strauss
DRs:
[Open] Mazli by Johanna Spryi. 9 roles open!
"To read or not to read, that is the question..."
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

I love the Anne books! :9: And if you do decide to launch this, would you consider me for the part of Anne Shirly?

Thank you,
~Norah Leigh ~
"If God took the trouble to tell us 800 times to be glad and rejoice, He must want us to do it!" Pollyanna
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Please don't pre-cast the roles. Wait until the project is set up.

Who would be editing, and doing PL parts? DRs are easy when all you're doing is managing the MW. 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

TriciaG wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 2:28 pm Please don't pre-cast the roles. Wait until the project is set up.
Sorry, I didn't know to wait before asking. :(
~Norah Leigh ~
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

No worries. It's just easier - if the project is never launched, it's wasted energy. And if it is, it gives other readers a chance to claim lead roles (or, at least, the appearance of such) rather than having all the "good" roles taken ahead of time because a reader had an "in" with the BC. ;)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

Ok! :)

Thank you,
~Norah Leigh ~
victoriaalicebell

TriciaG wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 2:28 pm Please don't pre-cast the roles. Wait until the project is set up.

Who would be editing, and doing PL parts? DRs are easy when all you're doing is managing the MW. 8-)
I'm not sure yet. The DR probably won't be getting launched for a month at least, the scripts are not prepared and I don't have a parts-PL or editor.
victoriaalicebell

norahnelson wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 2:25 pm I love the Anne books! :9: And if you do decide to launch this, would you consider me for the part of Anne Shirly?

Thank you,
I would love for you to have Anne.
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

victoriaalicebell wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 3:37 pm
norahnelson wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 2:25 pm I love the Anne books! :9: And if you do decide to launch this, would you consider me for the part of Anne Shirly?

Thank you,
I would love for you to have Anne.
Thank you!
~Norah Leigh ~