[HISTORY] The Cambridge Medieval History, Vol.3: Germany and the Western Empire - icequeen

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
FeylingQueen

Post by FeylingQueen »

It's come to my attention that the section I asked for was claimed by the time I finished my test recording, so I'm going to resubmit for section 21 if that's okay!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

FeylingQueen wrote: May 6th, 2024, 8:42 am It's come to my attention that the section I asked for was claimed by the time I finished my test recording, so I'm going to resubmit for section 21 if that's okay!
Done!
Show these outofsightoutofmind projects some love this weekend!
John Inglesant "the novel Tolkien loved"
Letters on Different Subjects in Natural Philosophy Science/Math (Leonhard Euler)
Sermons on Canticles
PL pls: 17
Apophennec

Post by Apophennec »

Sections 16 & 17 are PL OK
"She Died. I was saved." - No Longer Human, Osamu Dazai
"...when you have come to babylon you will remain there for many years, for a long time...after that I will bring you away from there in peace..."
Apophennec

Post by Apophennec »

Section 18 PL Notes:

00:49 repeat: "...we may be the briefer..." x2

07:19-07:23 couple missing words, (on pg 129): "...he has contrived to preserve his rights, (*at Limoges, for instance,*) as at Poitiers and Saintes..."
"...when you have come to babylon you will remain there for many years, for a long time...after that I will bring you away from there in peace..."
Apophennec

Post by Apophennec »

ClemmFandango wrote: May 4th, 2024, 7:18 pm Section 14 is finished, "checked" through checker, and uploaded. My first (somewhat awkward) recording is finally done!

27:34
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/cambridgemedievalhistory3_14_various_128kb.mp3
Section 14 PL Note:

25:31 small missing sentence (on pg.106): "...on the banks of the Meuse. (*Robert and Henry, each accompanied by a stately train of great nobles and churchman, exchanged the kiss of peace, heard mass, and dined together and exchanged gifts.*) They swore mutual friendship..."

and that's it :) . I haven't been on here long, but that was really impressive to me as a first recording. I understand what you mean by awkwardness but I imagine that won't take too long to dissipate :D congratz
Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Apophennec wrote: May 6th, 2024, 1:32 pm
Section 18 PL Notes:

07:19-07:23 couple missing words, (on pg 129): "...he has contrived to preserve his rights, (*at Limoges, for instance,*) as at Poitiers and Saintes..."
With corrections:
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/cambridgemedievalhistory3_18_various_128kb.mp3
23:49
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
Apophennec

Post by Apophennec »

Owlivia wrote: May 6th, 2024, 6:06 pm
Apophennec wrote: May 6th, 2024, 1:32 pm
Section 18 PL Notes:

With corrections:
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/cambridgemedievalhistory3_18_various_128kb.mp3
23:49
Section 18 PLOK :)
ClemmFandango

Post by ClemmFandango »

Apophennec wrote: May 6th, 2024, 2:35 pm
ClemmFandango wrote: May 4th, 2024, 7:18 pm Section 14 is finished, "checked" through checker, and uploaded. My first (somewhat awkward) recording is finally done!

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/cambridgemedievalhistory3_14_various_128kb.mp3
Section 14 PL Note:

25:31 small missing sentence (on pg.106): "...on the banks of the Meuse. (*Robert and Henry, each accompanied by a stately train of great nobles and churchman, exchanged the kiss of peace, heard mass, and dined together and exchanged gifts.*) They swore mutual friendship..."

and that's it :) . I haven't been on here long, but that was really impressive to me as a first recording. I understand what you mean by awkwardness but I imagine that won't take too long to dissipate :D congratz
With corrections:

and thank you for the boost....I worked super-hard on it!
Apophennec

Post by Apophennec »

ClemmFandango wrote: May 6th, 2024, 6:25 pm
Apophennec wrote: May 6th, 2024, 2:35 pm

Section 14 PL Note:

With corrections:

and thank you for the boost....I worked super-hard on it!
Sweet Section 14 is PL OK
Apophennec

Post by Apophennec »

Section 59 is PL OK
ClemmFandango

Post by ClemmFandango »

I'd like to claim sections 52 and 53, if possible.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

ClemmFandango wrote: May 6th, 2024, 7:09 pm I'd like to claim sections 52 and 53, if possible.
Great, thankyou! MW updated!
Show these outofsightoutofmind projects some love this weekend!
John Inglesant "the novel Tolkien loved"
Letters on Different Subjects in Natural Philosophy Science/Math (Leonhard Euler)
Sermons on Canticles
PL pls: 17
tombooker

Post by tombooker »

Apophennec

Post by Apophennec »

tombooker wrote: May 7th, 2024, 10:26 am Section 44. 32 minutes 43.47 seconds.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/cambridgemedievalhistory3_44_various_128kb.mp3
Section 44 PL Note:

Just a little too much silence left at the end (about 10 seconds instead of 5); the rest of the recording is fine!