Hello Bonjour from Ontario

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Realfunghi

Post by Realfunghi »

Hi there.

My name's Denis. I'm from Eastern Ontario, Canada. I have some recording experience and using Audacity from my time as a court registry officer but I don't have much experience recording audiobooks. I hope to learn more and be able to contribute. My mic is in the mail.

I like to read history, sci Fi, fantasy and comics. I also draw webcomics in my spare time.
"All Rights Reserved, All Wrongs Reversed"
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Welcome to Librivox, Denis!

Once you have completed your one minute test, I thought you might be interested in contributing to these projects, given your interests: You can see all the available group projects that are looking for readers here.
Show these forgotten projects some love!
Pascal and the Port Royalists Intellectual biography
A Review of Ecclesiastical History (John Newton)
John Inglesant
DPL
vviera

Post by vviera »

Realfunghi wrote: May 9th, 2024, 5:36 pm Hi there.

My name's Denis. I'm from Eastern Ontario, Canada. I have some recording experience and using Audacity from my time as a court registry officer but I don't have much experience recording audiobooks. I hope to learn more and be able to contribute. My mic is in the mail.

I like to read history, sci Fi, fantasy and comics. I also draw webcomics in my spare time.
Welcome, Denis!

I see you’ve already got your 1-minute test up, so you’re well on your way to getting started. Someone should be along soon to give you feedback on that.

If you haven’t yet seen it, take a look at the Newbie Guide to Recording. It will orient you further to the whole process.

After you're OK'd on your test, browse the forums for a project you'd like to participate in. InTheDesert already listed a couple possibilities for you. Most people start with a chapter in a book or some other short work. Post a claim for a section in the corresponding thread when you see something you'd like to record.

In the short works forum right now, there’s a Short Science Fiction Collection you might be interested in participating in. Collections are different in that the people who participate in them choose their own piece, rather than picking from a list that’s already selected.

If you need ideas for something to record for that collection, flavo5000 (Ben, the book coordinator=BC for that collection) might give you an idea of something you could record. If you're interested, you could post there to ask him.

So there are a lot of options. Go find something you’d have fun doing!

Any time you have a question, post in one of the forums, and someone will pop in to help you out.
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA