Kia ora from Aotearoa

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ObjectiveCoelacanth

Post by ObjectiveCoelacanth »

Hi all,

I registered some time ago, and have been waiting to introduce myself until I feel ready to actually do something, but that's exactly how I end up not doing it. So!

I am a 39 yo New Zealander who was historically a big reader but now is mostly a big internet-er, which is getting steadily less rewarding. I also am not a big fan of (fiction) audiobooks, making my presence here unusual! I have always enjoyed reading aloud, however, so when I saw this was part of what LibriVox provided, I was pretty excited.

I am definitely planning on starting with a short project, naturally, but as a biologist(ish) I would definitely be interested in reading science content if that is a thing here. My pronunciation does differ from US English (overlaps with UK RP but not 100%), so I don't know if that will be an issue.

Anyway, this is pretty much just me rambling. To anyone who reads this: thank you! *waves*
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Any thing PD is "the thing" round here and as to accents - I firmly believe that I don't have an accent, everyone else does.
It's a bit annoying sometimes that LV goes by USA copyright laws but that's where our files are stored so that is what it is.
So just whip up a 1 minute test (well it is less that a minute - maybe it is a moon minute :hmm: )
And welcome aboard :D

Anne
ObjectiveCoelacanth

Post by ObjectiveCoelacanth »

Thanks Anna!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

ObjectiveCoelacanth wrote: April 16th, 2024, 4:26 pm Hi all,

I registered some time ago, and have been waiting to introduce myself until I feel ready to actually do something, but that's exactly how I end up not doing it. So!

I am a 39 yo New Zealander who was historically a big reader but now is mostly a big internet-er, which is getting steadily less rewarding. I also am not a big fan of (fiction) audiobooks, making my presence here unusual! I have always enjoyed reading aloud, however, so when I saw this was part of what LibriVox provided, I was pretty excited.

I am definitely planning on starting with a short project, naturally, but as a biologist(ish) I would definitely be interested in reading science content if that is a thing here. My pronunciation does differ from US English (overlaps with UK RP but not 100%), so I don't know if that will be an issue.

Anyway, this is pretty much just me rambling. To anyone who reads this: thank you! *waves*
Welcome to Librivox, ObjectiveCoelacanth!

Once you have completed your one minute test, I thought you might be interested in contributing to these projects, given your interests: You can see all the available group projects that are looking for readers here.
Show these outofsightoutofmind projects some love this weekend!
John Inglesant "the novel Tolkien loved"
Letters on Different Subjects in Natural Philosophy Science/Math (Leonhard Euler)
Sermons on Canticles
PL pls: 17
vviera

Post by vviera »

ObjectiveCoelacanth wrote: April 16th, 2024, 4:26 pm Hi all,

*waves back*
Every accent is welcome here! And there are other Kiwis and Aussies in the house :D I do a lot of prooflistening, and hearing a variety of accents is one of my favorite things about the process.

I've been with LV 2.5 years, and I've recorded almost all non-fiction. If you look in the Readers Wanted - Books forum, you'll see a lot of non-fiction on a variety of topics. I have a section in the book that InTheDesert suggested.

Get your one-minute test in, pick something, and have fun!

p.s. Sorry the things mentioned above aren't linked. I'm on my phone. I'm sure you can find them!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA