[COMPLETE][DR]Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ej400 wrote: April 16th, 2024, 12:24 pmHere is Chapter 10:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_10_alcott_128kb.mp3 -15:41
and excellently assembled again and PL ok. :thumbs: I put the link in the MW right away so I could PL this.

Only two chapters left...hoping we can finish up this month still. 8-)

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ej400 wrote: April 17th, 2024, 12:46 amChapter 11:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_11_alcott_128kb.mp3 -17:58
a dramatic chapter...and this time I found a small PL note for you Elijah

> at 9:48: missed lines "It was so hard to answer that! Yet Rose knew she must, for Aunt Jane had declared she could not do it, and Uncle Mac had begged her to break the truth to the poor lad."

thanks

one more chapter left 8-)

Sonia
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Kitty wrote: April 17th, 2024, 8:42 am
ej400 wrote: April 17th, 2024, 12:46 amChapter 11:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_11_alcott_128kb.mp3 -17:58
a dramatic chapter...and this time I found a small PL note for you Elijah

> at 9:48: missed lines "It was so hard to answer that! Yet Rose knew she must, for Aunt Jane had declared she could not do it, and Uncle Mac had begged her to break the truth to the poor lad."

thanks

one more chapter left 8-)

Sonia
Thank you for catching that

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_11_alcott_128kb.mp3

Now 18:10
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ej400 wrote: April 17th, 2024, 11:32 amThank you for catching that
now PL ok, thanks

As we are approaching the end, Daria, do you wish to change anything in the summary ? There is still time for me to copy a new text into the database, so let me know. :)

Sonia
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

It’s great to see this project finishing up! Any chance you’ll be organizing a DR of the sequel when this Eight Cousins DR is in the catalogue, Daria? I’d love to reprise the role of Geordie in Rose in Bloom.
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Kitty wrote: April 18th, 2024, 1:42 am
ej400 wrote: April 17th, 2024, 11:32 amThank you for catching that
now PL ok, thanks

As we are approaching the end, Daria, do you wish to change anything in the summary ? There is still time for me to copy a new text into the database, so let me know. :)

Sonia
Yes, thank you! I’ve polished the summary a little more:
When frail, sickly Rose Campbell is left an orphan following the death of her father, she moves with her eccentric bachelor uncle to a place she will come to know as “Aunt Hill”. There, she meets her six aunts, each of whom has conflicting ideas on how to raise their little niece and her seven rowdy boy cousins. Through Uncle Alec’s guidance, Rose begins a new milestone and acquires valuable lessons about health, education, and character building. As Rose begins to bloom with health and vitality, she finds new happiness and learns the importance of family love that “ties all bonds”. (Summary by DariaAM)
Before you update it, though, please let me know which of the two versions you prefer (and if you think I need to edit some more).
Last edited by DariaAM on April 18th, 2024, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Salvationist wrote: April 18th, 2024, 7:29 am It’s great to see this project finishing up! Any chance you’ll be organizing a DR of the sequel when this Eight Cousins DR is in the catalogue, Daria? I’d love to reprise the role of Geordie in Rose in Bloom.
I have considered this for a while. But even though I’d love to launch the sequel Rose in Bloom and finish this series, I’ve made the decision not to take on any more projects at present.

If any of you would like to BC Rose in Bloom in the near future, I encourage you to contact the readers who have participated in this project, as many have expressed their interest in joining the sequel. I would definitely make sure to give them a chance. :)
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DariaAM wrote: April 18th, 2024, 5:57 pmBefore you update it, though, please let me know which of the two versions you prefer (and if you think I need to edit some more).
sounds good to me, it's nearly similar to the first version. I'm ok with taking this one.

thank you

Sonia
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Last one!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_12_alcott_128kb.mp3 -18:29

Thank you greatly! I apologize for my delay with these, but I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding after my health the last couple months.

Glad to see the finish line!
ej400

Post by ej400 »

DariaAM wrote: April 18th, 2024, 8:29 pm
Salvationist wrote: April 18th, 2024, 7:29 am It’s great to see this project finishing up! Any chance you’ll be organizing a DR of the sequel when this Eight Cousins DR is in the catalogue, Daria? I’d love to reprise the role of Geordie in Rose in Bloom.
I have considered this for a while. But even though I’d love to launch the sequel Rose in Bloom and finish this series, I’ve made the decision not to take on any more projects at present.

If any of you would like to BC Rose in Bloom in the near future, I encourage you to contact the readers who have participated in this project, as many have expressed their interest in joining the sequel. I would definitely make sure to give them a chance. :)
I'd love to see Rose in Bloom! Depending on my schedule this summer, it could be tossed into my list, if you don't take it up Daria.
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

ej400 wrote: April 21st, 2024, 9:35 am Last one!

Thank you greatly! I apologize for my delay with these, but I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding after my health the last couple months.

Glad to see the finish line!
Wonderful! Thanks Elijah! It’s now in the MW ready for a final PL. All the master files are at the top, and the extra ones have been moved down.
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

ej400 wrote: April 21st, 2024, 9:37 am
DariaAM wrote: April 18th, 2024, 8:29 pm

I'd love to see Rose in Bloom! Depending on my schedule this summer, it could be tossed into my list, if you don't take it up Daria.
Feel free to start Rose in Bloom. I wish you all the best!
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

A big "Thank You!" to Sonia, Elijah Fisher, C. B. Seyfarth, Jenn Broda, ToddHW, redrun, Samuel Pryce, Adrian Stephens, David Purdy, Ehsan Ahmed Mehedi, Beeswaxcandle, Greg Giordano, Priamedes, Christine Lehman, valroth, The Countess, Claudia Caldi, Amanda Leung, C. A. Penworth, Agnes Robert Behr, Minnie Maine, Henrietta Strauss, Adele de Pignerolles, William, lorda, Victoria Alice Bell, and Norah Nelson who volunteered to make this project possible. Every one of you deserves a slice of cake with a candle on top!!
:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ej400 wrote: April 21st, 2024, 9:35 amLast one!
:clap: excellent, thank you Elijah. It's perfectly PL ok again.

That means I can proceed to cataloguing, since everything else is ready for finalizing. I'll post the link when it's in the box.

Thank you all, it was a great project !

Sonia