Uh, hello everyone! Green Volunteer here.

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
IvyMouse

Post by IvyMouse »

Hello to all of you here in the forums! I have only just volunteered but everyone I've seen so far has been incredibly kind and helpful. There are so many resources for newbies - It's amazing and a tad overwhelming, but I'll just take my time and things will work out, I'm sure.

My username is IvyMouse, though you can choose to address me with that or Emily. I'm an avid reader, book collector, and writer. I adore all things creative - but I am very new to recording. I volunteered in the hopes that I could assist others and be a part of a worthwhile effort, as well as to push myself confidence-wise (I hate hearing my voice recorded - but who doesn't?). Uhm...hm. I enjoy old books, poetry, history, and learning new things. Half the fun of the older books in my lil' library are the messages, marks and signatures left behind from those before me. I have years of academic Spanish under my belt - but I fear I read it better than I speak it, so I don't dare offer contribution there.

Thank you for having me. I can already tell there's some amazing magic going on here and I'm lucky to have a chance to contribute.
Best regards, it's nice to meet you all!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome, Emily! Sounds like you'll fit right in. 8-) Holler if you have any questions!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

IvyMouse wrote: January 19th, 2024, 9:59 am Hello to all of you here in the forums! I have only just volunteered but everyone I've seen so far has been incredibly kind and helpful. There are so many resources for newbies - It's amazing and a tad overwhelming, but I'll just take my time and things will work out, I'm sure.

My username is IvyMouse, though you can choose to address me with that or Emily. I'm an avid reader, book collector, and writer. I adore all things creative - but I am very new to recording. I volunteered in the hopes that I could assist others and be a part of a worthwhile effort, as well as to push myself confidence-wise (I hate hearing my voice recorded - but who doesn't?). Uhm...hm. I enjoy old books, poetry, history, and learning new things. Half the fun of the older books in my lil' library are the messages, marks and signatures left behind from those before me. I have years of academic Spanish under my belt - but I fear I read it better than I speak it, so I don't dare offer contribution there.

Thank you for having me. I can already tell there's some amazing magic going on here and I'm lucky to have a chance to contribute.
Best regards, it's nice to meet you all!
Welcome to Librivox, Emily!

Once you have completed your one minute test, I thought you might be interested in contributing to these projects, given your interests: You can see all the available group projects that are looking for readers here.
Emotions by James McCosh 91% 2 left!
Devotional Commentary: Apocalypse Bible commentary by Christina Rossetti
Family Prayers 77%
Ecclesiastical History
Pascal
American State Trials
DPL 50
IvyMouse

Post by IvyMouse »

Thank you Tricia & InTheDesert!
Those project recommendations sound right up my alley, how exciting. I'll have to get on sorting the 1-minute test soon so I can make sure I'm actually equipped to offer any help.