[EDITING][Verse Drama] The Ring of the Nibelung by Richard Wagner - rr

Plays and other dramatic works
Dottedrhythm

Post by Dottedrhythm »

You’re very kind to a Newbie, Brian, thank you. I had fun.

I’ve had my phone on silent while helping Wildcard to start her recording as Woglinde. One thing we were wondering about - there are some passages of 10-12 lines for all 3 maidens which I assume will be tricky to coordinate. For her first take, she’s left some little gaps between sentences if this might be helpful to fit the parts together time-wise. We can edit these out if it’s not necessary. :)

Your advice would be appreciated when you have a minute. :)

Thanks for all your help

Cynth
Dottedrhythm
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Dottedrhythm wrote: January 14th, 2024, 4:57 pm You’re very kind to a Newbie, Brian, thank you. I had fun.

I’ve had my phone on silent while helping Wildcard to start her recording as Woglinde. One thing we were wondering about - there are some passages of 10-12 lines for all 3 maidens which I assume will be tricky to coordinate. For her first take, she’s left some little gaps between sentences if this might be helpful to fit the parts together time-wise. We can edit these out if it’s not necessary. :)

Your advice would be appreciated when you have a minute. :)

Thanks for all your help

Cynth
I don't think you should worry so much about making the editing easy on me. The main thing is that Wildcard should enjoy this experience. Don't be too hard on yourselves. If Wildcard is pleased with her recording I'm sure that I will be more than pleased. It's my responsibility to unison the shared lines. I'll try hard to make sure that she is happy with the result. Thanks.
If I were you I'd claim a Gold-Killer role. Just sayin'
Dottedrhythm

Post by Dottedrhythm »

Thanks Brian, ok, will do!
Dottedrhythm
dlantz

Post by dlantz »

May I try Fasolt?
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

dlantz wrote: January 17th, 2024, 3:32 pm May I try Fasolt?
Yes! Thank you.
Dottedrhythm

Post by Dottedrhythm »

Hi again

I see there are still 2 Norn parts open - what's the policy on doubling? I'd be happy to have a go at a Norn but they do appear in Twilight as well as my Waltraute part? Let me know... or keep me in mind if you get desperate!

Wildcard's Woglinde is coming on - we've had great fun trying to record the laughing sections without snorting! :lol:
Hope to send you her Rheingold at the weekend.

:)

Cynth
Dottedrhythm
AliceStein

Post by AliceStein »

SAME HERE!
3rd Rhinemaiden in another voice? If need be....

AliceStein
very keen to hear the "endresult" ("Endergebnis" in German, meaning finished product).
Ein Himmel mir und dir!
Insta:@librivox_readerette
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Dottedrhythm wrote: January 18th, 2024, 5:36 am Hi again

I see there are still 2 Norn parts open - what's the policy on doubling? I'd be happy to have a go at a Norn but they do appear in Twilight as well as my Waltraute part? Let me know... or keep me in mind if you get desperate!

Wildcard's Woglinde is coming on - we've had great fun trying to record the laughing sections without snorting! :lol:
Hope to send you her Rheingold at the weekend.

:)

Cynth
The policy is that you are Second Norn, Even if there was a little recording snorting we could maybe pass that off as one of the horses...oh, wait...Rhinemaidens don't have horses, do they? We'd have to include the snorting in the Third Act of The Valkyrie. (There's that music in my head again!)

I suspect you are egging each other on and if you don't cut that out, one of you will be sent to a corner for "time out". That'll probably be you, Cynth, because I suspect you're the wilder of the cards in the deck.

I don't snort much when I record. But, then, I am nasally to begin with and especially during allergy season which seems to last 12 months out of the year where I live. If I can't clear the passages, I "suck it up" and press on. Literally! I do a lot of mouth breathing; and every small child everywhere knows what happens when one swallows too much air. I also drink heavily while recording; WATER I mean! What I'm saying is that if you ever need any sniffly, sneezey, belchy effects for roles that you play please let me know as I have hours and hours of that stuff recorded and I'd be happy to donate it all to the public domain.

Sounds like you two are having fun and that is the main thing! :lol:
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

AliceStein wrote: January 18th, 2024, 6:01 am SAME HERE!
3rd Rhinemaiden in another voice? If need be....

AliceStein
very keen to hear the "endresult" ("Endergebnis" in German, meaning finished product).
Third Norn! Yes! :clap:

Instead of Wellgunde would you like to be either Fricka or Gutrune?

I'm afraid that if you were two Rhinemaidens people might start to think that you are a 'big tease' and we don't want that! :mrgreen:
Dottedrhythm

Post by Dottedrhythm »

I didn’t realise that reading these threads would also be fun! :lol: Glad to be aboard. You’re filling up your cast nicely!

Cynth
Dottedrhythm
AliceStein

Post by AliceStein »

I was booked for the "jungest Norn". Flattery, I suppose, by the dearest of men.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Got the adress of a well of youth? I need it urgently.

AliceStein
Ein Himmel mir und dir!
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

AliceStein wrote: January 18th, 2024, 11:59 am I was booked for the "jungest Norn". Flattery, I suppose, by the dearest of men.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Got the adress of a well of youth? I need it urgently.

AliceStein
It just so happens that there is this exotic, unbelievably beautiful and wonderfully aromatic flower in Gold-Killer from which a potent (though short-lived] designer drug is extracted and that drug has extraordinary rejuvenating properties and you'd probably be perfect for a part in that one! Sadly, for me, I don't think I'll get to hear you in that story due to pesky copyright laws. Also, the part of the amazingly beautiful Burlesque Queen - who is also a mobster moll - "Chickie La Fontaine" is already taken though my guess is that you and she are doppelgangers. Oh, well, another tragic loss for me and all of the other males in the audio book loving world and most especially me! Did I mention me?
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

AliceStein wrote: January 18th, 2024, 6:01 am
AliceStein
Well, then, dear AliceStein! It's time to Nennen Sie Ihren Bluff ... gee, I hope that Google translate got that right!

LV does have a "second set of ears" policy, meaning that one cannot PL one's own work. So, for example, since I am editing in addition to doing BC "stuff", I can mark a section ready for PL, but I am not allowed to PL that section. You, however, can PL the edited sections that I mark ready for PL, even if, you have voiced lines within those sections. If you are truly "very keen to hear the endresult", as I believe you have said, all that you need to do is volunteer to be the Dedicated Proof-Listener (DPL) for this project. If you were to do that, I suppose our outstanding MC, redrun, might grant that request from you, in which case he would send you a "DPL welcome" message with instructions and we (both MC and BC) would be pleased to help you along the way in answering any questions you might have.

So, are you up for the role of DPL? Ich fordere dich heraus, es zu tun! (Thank you, Google, if that translates at all well :wink: )
AliceStein

Post by AliceStein »

Good evening!
In an effort to give PLing a try I listend to Scene 3.
I enjoyed myself immensely listening to the performances.
This is what I found:

11:34 Alberichs Text and Narrators commentary are switched:

ALBERICH
[Looks long and distrustfully at Wotan and Loge.
What seek ye here?

12:22 Loge
Or what hadst thou fashioned
I hear
Or what had thou fashioned

13:52
The word „caverns“ ist damaged

13:59 Alberich:
And win the whole world and its fairness.
„whole“ is missing

15:19 Alberich:
the Nibelung hoard
I hear:
The NibelHUNG hoard

17:19 Alberich:
I always am there
I hear
My always am there

21:11 Narrator:
Narrator says
thee prisoner
instead of
the prisoner
(as if prisoner began with a vowel)

I am really impressed by the Scene!

AliceStein
Ein Himmel mir und dir!
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

AliceStein wrote: January 18th, 2024, 4:25 pm Good evening!
In an effort to give PLing a try I listend to Scene 3.
I enjoyed myself immensely listening to the performances.
This is what I found:

11:34 Alberichs Text and Narrators commentary are switched:

ALBERICH
[Looks long and distrustfully at Wotan and Loge.
What seek ye here?

12:22 Loge
Or what hadst thou fashioned
I hear
Or what had thou fashioned

13:52
The word „caverns“ ist damaged

13:59 Alberich:
And win the whole world and its fairness.
„whole“ is missing

15:19 Alberich:
the Nibelung hoard
I hear:
The NibelHUNG hoard

17:19 Alberich:
I always am there
I hear
My always am there

21:11 Narrator:
Narrator says
thee prisoner
instead of
the prisoner
(as if prisoner began with a vowel)

I am really impressed by the Scene!

AliceStein
Well done! I have marked the section "see PL notes" in the MW. I have to run out for a bite to eat at the moment. I'll see what can be fixed and how so after dinner. Thank you for the notes. Sleep well - don't wait up! :shock: Cheers, :D