[COMPLETE][DR]Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

ej400 wrote: December 9th, 2023, 7:42 am If crystal would like 15 to 18 that's alright.
Carolyn, are you okay to edit 15-24 rather than 13-24? I’m so sorry for causing this confusion. I believe this arrangement will suit everyone.
crystalpenny

Post by crystalpenny »

DariaAM wrote: December 10th, 2023, 6:06 pm
ej400 wrote: December 9th, 2023, 7:42 am If crystal would like 15 to 18 that's alright.
Carolyn, are you okay to edit 15-24 rather than 13-24? I’m so sorry for causing this confusion. I believe this arrangement will suit everyone.
No. I've begun the other chapters and will have them ready by Friday.
~carolyn
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

I would like to clarify this for both of you. Elijah and Carolyn, can each one of you please state which chapters you are currently working on, and each person should list them. Also, state what chapters you would like to work on. The people who are already working on those chapters will have a priority. When I receive all the information, I will clarify any confusion. If both of you are working on the same chapter, we will have to come to a compromise. I will put together a list for everyone to refer to that will list individual people, state who is currently working on which chapters, and who is responsible for which chapters. I hope this will satisfy everyone’s requests.

Best wishes,
ej400

Post by ej400 »

DariaAM wrote: December 10th, 2023, 6:28 pm I would just like to clarify this for both of you. Elijah and Carolyn, can each one of you please state which chapters you are currently working on, and each person should list them. Also, state what chapters you would like to work on. The people who are already working on those chapters will have a priority. When I receive all the information, I will clarify any confusion. If both of you are working on the same chapter, we will have to come to a compromise. I will put together a list for everyone to refer to that will list individual people, state who is currently working on which chapters, and who is responsible for which chapters. I hope this will satisfy everyone’s requests.

Best wishes,
Currently, I believe I'm listed for the dramatis personae, and Chapters 1-12, but,
ej400 wrote: December 10th, 2023, 10:11 am I have placed together some pieces into 13-15
so that's why I previously mentioned that I'd prefer to have Chapters 1-15. But that's okay, and Carolyn, if you would like me to send those short, brief first two or three edits I made on 13-15 in, I'm more than happy to have you continue those :D

Please, Daria, let's let Carolyn have 13 to 24, then. We'll splice it down the middle and call it even (although we are a team of course :mrgreen: ).

I'm sorry for the confusion as well.

Were getting there team!
crystalpenny

Post by crystalpenny »

Thanks, Elijah. Both 13 and 16 are normalized and fully stitched with all parts inserted into the narrative and are ready for the slow editing pass to fine tune timing and individual amplitudes. And 14 and 15 are each normalized and half-way stitched, so I think what I have is farther along than yours. But thanks for the offer.
~carolyn
crystalpenny

Post by crystalpenny »

Daria - you saw my posts that I uploaded chapters 17 and 19 today?
~carolyn
ej400

Post by ej400 »

crystalpenny wrote: December 10th, 2023, 7:36 pm Daria - you saw my posts that I uploaded chapters 17 and 19 today?
I'll put them in for you :D

Thank you for your work!
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Thank you both! I’m very glad that everything has been resolved. Since I’m in town right now, I’ll update the MW and send in the list once I arrive home.
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Elijah (ej400):
- Working on: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Carolyn (crystalpenny):
- Working on: 13, 14, 15, 16
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

crystalpenny wrote: December 10th, 2023, 3:42 pmHere is Chapter 17 - Good Bargains
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_17_alcott_128kb.mp3

Here is Chapter 19 - Brother Bones
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_19_alcott_128kb.mp3
:thumbs: two perfectly edited chapters again, thank you Carolyn. I loved the one with Brother Bones.

Readers still need to be assigned to Chapter 17.

Both PL ok.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ej400 wrote: December 10th, 2023, 7:02 pmHere is Chapter 2: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_02_alcott_128kb.mp3 -19:57
and another excellently edited chapter, I've been spoilt today. 8-) thank you Elijah

There is only one repeat to be cut, the rest was perfect:

> from 10:03 to 10:10: repeated line, can be cut here: "Mac's the fellow to hunt up the old stories and tell us how to dress right, and pick out rousing bits for us to speak and sing"

Sonia
crystalpenny

Post by crystalpenny »

Kitty wrote: December 11th, 2023, 1:56 am
crystalpenny wrote: December 10th, 2023, 3:42 pmHere is Chapter 17 - Good Bargains
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_17_alcott_128kb.mp3

Here is Chapter 19 - Brother Bones
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_19_alcott_128kb.mp3
:thumbs: two perfectly edited chapters again, thank you Carolyn. I loved the one with Brother Bones.
Thank you, Sonia. I thought your multiple lengthy lectures in Good Bargains were beautifully delivered! But, yes, I really loved Brother Bones, also. :D
~carolyn
crystalpenny

Post by crystalpenny »

Here is Chapter 13 - Cosey Corner
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_13_alcott_128kb.mp3
(14:27) 89.1

Notes:
9:35 the script calls for the line "Now I lay me down to sleep" to be spoken by the narrator which I did and is included in this master file. However, the reader, Adele, who voices Fred Dove, also spoke the line in her submitted file. Would you prefer to use her voice, instead?
9:58 - 10:47 Adele, voicing Fred Dove, does a beautiful job of delivering a lengthy "sermon". However, there is a rhythmic noise whenever she speaks. It looks like all the gaps between and within her phrases throughout her submitted file are filled with generated silence, not natural noise. But I was able to find a 2 sec piece of "real noise" at the very front of her file that I used as a noise sample. To no avail. Regardless of noise reduction settings, there was little to no improvement. The noise must be mic or system generated, I think, not ambient. To my ear, her speech is so endearing that the noise is not a distraction. What do you think?
~carolyn
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

crystalpenny wrote: December 11th, 2023, 9:20 amI thought your multiple lengthy lectures in Good Bargains were beautifully delivered!
oh thank you. I found them a bit too schoolmasterly in the long run :lol: now reading the whole book again when I'm grown-up I realize much more how moralizing the author was at times. I didn't realize that as teenager.

Will PL your next chapter tomorrow. I already updated the MW, in absence of Daria.

Sonia