Letter 1
Letter 2
Letter 3
Letter 4
Dr. Stark
Dr. Grayson
Staffer

ToddHW wrote: September 9th, 2023, 5:32 am
loon wrote: September 8th, 2023, 8:09 pm Todd, I think this might be the proper place for a DR of the story
"The Show Must Go On" https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/71568
by Henry Slesar https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Slesar (1927-2002, so the DR would be US readers only)
It's roughly 5000 words, so it should fit in a single section, and full to the gills with dialog, so lots and lots of editing.
My rough draft of a script https://fullloon.com/ShowMustGoOn/ShowMustGoOn.pdf ends up with 18 roles, partly because I think each fan letter to the TV - excuse me, fidelivision - show should be read by a different voice.

- So -

Is this the right place for me to be? If so, I'll start seriously proofreading my script and then ask to get launched.
Yes, you are in the right place. Get me the role names and I can set up sections when you are ready for me to add this.
May I take the Narrator?
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

norahnelson wrote: September 9th, 2023, 4:52 pm
Keratak wrote: September 9th, 2023, 10:12 am Gilbert is done for Anne of the Island.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dranneoftheisland_gilbert_montgomery.mp3 3:59
Really great job!! I just have a few notes, where you said the wrong word:
  • (1:51.5) I hear: When her brother graduated she told me his sister was coming to Kingsport the next winter. . . The "she" is supposed to be "he".
  • (2:06) I hear: And then I asked Christine for her own sake. But it is really: And then I liked Christine for her own sake.
  • (2:42.5) I hear: not because I thought of what you call yourself. . . But it is really: not because I thought you what you call yourself. . .
Thank you!
Corrections are ready for spot PL.
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
loon

Post by loon »

sign is PL OK, thank you. Now I feel like we are under way.

Todd - I'm not sure if there is usually an audio credit in these DRs. Please let me know what is typical. Agnes included a 'read by' line in the file so I'm set if that's the way things go.
Current Dramatic Reading: Stand By For Mars! - Roles open.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
loon

Post by loon »

Keratak wrote: September 10th, 2023, 5:09 pm
May I take the Narrator?
Glad to have you aboard.

A list of the remaining roles is at https://fullloon.com/ShowMustGoOn/ShowMustGoOn_Roles.pdf. This includes a very rough estimate on how large each role is.

I'll claim 'Letter 4' for myself so nobody else gets stuck with a three word part.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

loon wrote: September 10th, 2023, 7:49 pm
A list of the remaining roles is at https://fullloon.com/ShowMustGoOn/ShowMustGoOn_Roles.pdf. This includes a very rough estimate on how large each role is.
Thank you for doing that! May I claim Woman?
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

thecountess wrote: September 8th, 2023, 4:08 am
Dustin wrote: September 7th, 2023, 3:34 pm Hello! Here is the link for the Babbitty Bumble part in Mrs. Tittlemouse:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mrstittlemouse_babbittybumble_beatrixpotter.mp3

For my name in the catalogue, could I please use LifeisButaDream?

There may be an issue with the sound level being too low. Could only get it as high as 86.7 dB, I believe. Will be happy to re-do, if need be. Thank you :)
You sounded just like an indignant bee! :clap:
PL OK! :thumbs: Since 86-91 is the sound level we like to have redoing will not be needed.
Thank you for your prompt recording! :D

~ The Countess
Thank you :) <3
loon

Post by loon »

jennlea wrote: September 10th, 2023, 10:05 pm
Thank you for doing that! May I claim Woman?
Here's your broadsword, your ten cc's of adrenalin and your four cc's of hypnomecholyl. The network must have a great disclaimer form for people to sign before they step foot on the set.
Please include "Woman, read by Jenn Broda" in your upload. I've modified the script to remind everyone to include such a line.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

AgnesRobert wrote: September 10th, 2023, 4:09 pm [ ]
Todd - I'm not sure if there is usually an audio credit in these DRs. Please let me know what is typical. Agnes included a 'read by' line in the file so I'm set if that's the way things go.
Yes, everyone should do an audio credit - helps our listeners know who is who. "XYZ read by ABC" where XYZ includes any descriptive words from the MW section tittle

Thanks, Todd
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

thecountess wrote: September 10th, 2023, 6:58 am
BrianFullen wrote: September 10th, 2023, 6:44 am
thecountess wrote: September 8th, 2023, 3:13 pm I have just finished editing Mrs. Tittlemouse...will someone please DPL for me?
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/drsceneandstoryvol004_06_various_128kb.mp3
Thank you all! :9:

~ The Countess
Has anyone asked if they could DPL Mrs. Tittlemouse? If you don't already have someone, may I do it? Thank you.
You certainly may, thanks! :D

~ The Countess
Hello and fine job! I found only one edit that needs to be made , Thank you.

PL NOTE
:

There is a missing (by Mrs. Tittlemouse) line at around 2m32ss of the recording. The line that is missing: "Good-day, Babbitty Bumble;"
If I were you I'd claim a Gold-Killer role. Just sayin'
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Todd,

I would like to BC and edit "Love and Laughter" by Emma-Lindsay Squier. It is a short story that was first published (March 1928) in PHOTOPLAY ("The World's Leading Motion Picture Publication").

I've scripted it as a play. Prior to annotation (for actor's lines) its length was roughly 2,900 words. The mag's blurbs refer to it as a tragicomic fiction story. I'd say somewhat melodramatic. Great fun for those who like to emote, I should think!

I did not find a wikipedia article for the author. I did find several sources to confirm the author's DOB (December 1, 1892) and DOD (September 16, 1941). Those sources include localwiki bio and Denber Public Library. Emma-Lindsay Squier was both a writer and an actress who is listed in IMDb.

If it is not too much to ask for a second section in Scene and Story Collection 004, I would like to BC and edit this one.

Thank you,
Brian

Love and Laughter, by Emma-Lindsay Squier (1892-1941)
PD Text and PD Text continued
Annotated Script
Publication date: March 1928

9 Roles:
  • Narrator
  • Lawrence Danvers
  • Evelyn Lorraine
  • Mr. Butler
  • Frederick Simons
  • Theater Doorman
  • 'Injured Woman'
  • 'Theater-going Gossip'
  • 'Evelyn’s Fawning Fan'
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

Keratak wrote: September 10th, 2023, 5:39 pm
norahnelson wrote: September 9th, 2023, 4:52 pm
Keratak wrote: September 9th, 2023, 10:12 am Gilbert is done for Anne of the Island.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dranneoftheisland_gilbert_montgomery.mp3 3:59
Really great job!! I just have a few notes, where you said the wrong word:
  • (1:51.5) I hear: When her brother graduated she told me his sister was coming to Kingsport the next winter. . . The "she" is supposed to be "he".
  • (2:06) I hear: And then I asked Christine for her own sake. But it is really: And then I liked Christine for her own sake.
  • (2:42.5) I hear: not because I thought of what you call yourself. . . But it is really: not because I thought you what you call yourself. . .
Thank you!
Corrections are ready for spot PL.
Everything sounds good! PL OK! :thumbs:
~Norah Leigh ~
"If God took the trouble to tell us 800 times to be glad and rejoice, He must want us to do it!" Pollyanna
[DR, Children]The Box-Car Children (Only 4 tiny roles open!)
[Group, History]In the Days of Queen Elizabeth (Full)
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

ToddHW wrote: September 10th, 2023, 7:23 am 3. Anne of the Island - 1 part with PL notes, others PL OK

Thanks, Todd
I am almost finished with the editing! :D
~Norah Leigh ~
"If God took the trouble to tell us 800 times to be glad and rejoice, He must want us to do it!" Pollyanna
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

Here is Anne of the Island Chapters 40 and 41:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/drsceneandstoryvol004_anneoftheisland_montgomery_128kb.mp3 (22:06)

Would someone mind PLing? I added noise-reduction to the whole file, but if it doesn't sound good I have a copy of the whole thing before I did it.

Thank you,
~Norah Leigh ~
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

norahnelson wrote: September 11th, 2023, 12:52 pm Here is Anne of the Island Chapters 40 and 41:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/drsceneandstoryvol004_anneoftheisland_montgomery_128kb.mp3 (22:06)

Would someone mind PLing? I added noise-reduction to the whole file, but if it doesn't sound good I have a copy of the whole thing before I did it.

Thank you,
Hi Norah,

I'm not entirely clear on what it is that you are asking for. I hope that you don't mind me asking for clarification.

Are you asking for someone to proof the recording "as is". Or, are you asking for someone to provide an opinion on whether it needs to possibly be re-edited for quality ("doesn't sound good" in your words) before final proof listening?

Do you, as the BC, think that there needs to be editing for sound quality before you'll feel that it is ready for inclusion in the cataloged collection? Have you considered perhaps asking for assistance under the Editors Wanted topic?

I'm sorry if I'm being obtuse. Really, I'd like to help if I can but I'm not sure what help you are seeking and for that reason I can easily suppose that there might be others better qualified than me to provide it.

Thank you,
Brian