Uploading strangeness

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Hey there folks!

I've uploaded many sections before, and never noticed anything out of the ordinary like this, and typically I'll try find solutions to it (which I have), but I thought it was noteworthy anyway.

So, on occasion, I'll open and login to the librivox uploader, select the MC I'll need for the project, select the file, and select upload (I've tried either upload buttons, same result). Nothing out of the ordinary happens, except that the file won't begin the uploading process. I've let it sit for 5 minutes, with the line only reaching barely even 5% (I'd say around there) without moving at all. The few experiments I've done are with sections all under 20 minutes, and I'd understand longer sections taking longer, but typically for me, anything under 30 minutes in file length takes roughly a few seconds.

Okay, so the line doesn't move, at all. My fix is currently to close the tab, and open a new one up and it works perfectly fine. It's certainly not a problem for me, just again, thought it was something to be noted and was a little strange. Totally okay though and everything else works perfectly fine :thumbs:

Thanks
Elijah
DrSpoke

Post by DrSpoke »

Not sure this is relevant, but I once had a never ending upload that required cancelling, then I realised I had selected the aup file, instead the mp3, for the upload!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The forums and the Archive pages are running slowly and for some reason, they are always slower starting about 30 hours before now - maybe it's just like road traffic - I tend to just come back later but I realise this is hard for some

Anne
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

I frequently get error messages when I try uploading more than one file. Out of 3, 1 might upload. Some take several tries. I have also experienced the uploader hanging mid-upload.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page