EDITING [DR][Hardy Boys #3] The Secret of the Old Mill - rr

Plays and other dramatic works
Ginger47

Post by Ginger47 »

Great, thanks! And I think I know which line you're referring to. I wondered about that one, if you decide to have Mr Hardy read it (if I'm remembering the line correctly I think that's who I was thinking it should go to) that's fine. 😊

Emily
Emily Grace
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

I think I'll do just that. You're a sport. :wink:

GregGiordano wrote: November 6th, 2023, 8:35 pm I had a quiet night so I went ahead and finished the remainder of Fenton Hardy's lines:
Well Greg, I've mislabeled a line in chapter 20. It's on page 2, in the conversation with Laura about the scare-note. The line is:
"But this matter of the note is adding insult to injury, don't you think? First of all they send one
of their men around here to fool us to the extent of eight hundred dollars with their counterfeit money,
and now they try to frighten me away from handling the case any further."
I labeled it as Laura's, and we do have a reading of it, but the line probably does belong to Fenton Hardy. Would you mind recording this line, and uploading as a separate file?
Priamedes

Post by Priamedes »

redrun wrote: December 11th, 2023, 8:15 am
Priamedes wrote: December 11th, 2023, 6:18 am I did the stranger at the train station, but if you want i can take one or more of the remaining bit parts. No trouble either way.
If it's bit parts you're looking for, I'd be glad to have you in any of the three police-affiliated parts!
I wouldn't call Tony a bit part, but that one's open for you as well. Since they're not in the same chapter, I trust that there won't be any confusion between him and the stranger. :wink:
Well I know the accent isn't actually required, and I've certainly taken roles before without worrying about the accent much, but I found that I sounded distinctly un-Italian when I gave Tony's lines a try :lol:

Could I take the Secret service agent?

I can take Phil Cohen as well with a different voice if you like, but I certainly don't want to impose.
Back to recording

Erik
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Priamedes wrote: December 12th, 2023, 6:10 pm Well I know the accent isn't actually required, and I've certainly taken roles before without worrying about the accent much, but I found that I sounded distinctly un-Italian when I gave Tony's lines a try :lol:

Could I take the Secret service agent?

I can take Phil Cohen as well with a different voice if you like, but I certainly don't want to impose.
You certainly can take the Secret Service agent! I think I'd better stick to the rule of one character per chapter, though, even if you yourself can handle multiple. :wink:
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

redrun wrote: December 12th, 2023, 1:24 pm I think I'll do just that. You're a sport. :wink:

GregGiordano wrote: November 6th, 2023, 8:35 pm I had a quiet night so I went ahead and finished the remainder of Fenton Hardy's lines:
Well Greg, I've mislabeled a line in chapter 20. It's on page 2, in the conversation with Laura about the scare-note. The line is:
"But this matter of the note is adding insult to injury, don't you think? First of all they send one
of their men around here to fool us to the extent of eight hundred dollars with their counterfeit money,
and now they try to frighten me away from handling the case any further."
I labeled it as Laura's, and we do have a reading of it, but the line probably does belong to Fenton Hardy. Would you mind recording this line, and uploading as a separate file?
Redrun,

These things happen! I'll try to get to it as soon as I can!

Take care,

Greg
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

ej400 wrote: December 13th, 2023, 11:46 am Here is Lester:
Thank you, Elijah! Queued for PL. :D
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Redrun,

Here are the lines you discovered were mislabeled for Laura when they should have been assigned to Fenton Hardy. To make it seamless with the Fenton line spoken before, I re-recorded that as well, otherwise it sounds a bit off. I suggest that this whole part be pasted at 00.36 . That will overwrite the original Fenton line and add the new Fenton (previously Laura lines).

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/secretoftheoldmill_20edit_fenton.mp3

The scene makes a lot more sense with Fenton speaking all of those lines.

Greg
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Thank you Greg, and thanks for the extra dilligence. I expect to get back to you both with PL notes later today.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

ej400 wrote: December 13th, 2023, 11:46 am Here is Lester:
GregGiordano wrote: December 13th, 2023, 8:20 pm Here are the lines you discovered were mislabeled for Laura when they should have been assigned to Fenton Hardy.
Thank you both, all parts are PL OK! :thumbs:
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Update/edit: I've heard back, requesting an extension. As no one claimed the role during the very brief time it was orphaned, I've granted the extension.
Last edited by redrun on December 15th, 2023, 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Heard back from the reader; extension requested
LuMiness

Post by LuMiness »

May I read Tony?
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

LuMiness wrote: December 15th, 2023, 10:15 pm May I read Tony?
Certainly! Thank you very much for joining, the role of Tony is assigned. :thumbs:
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

One more time: the role of Joe Hardy has been orphaned, and is up for grabs. It is a large role (more than 200 lines, across all 25 chapters), so do consider whether you think you can complete it.

For folks who already have a smaller role or two, we can re-cast if you'd like to be Joe instead. I don't want anyone to miss out because they jumped in to help with this project "too soon". :wink:
Priamedes

Post by Priamedes »

redrun wrote: December 17th, 2023, 3:40 pm One more time: the role of Joe Hardy has been orphaned, and is up for grabs. It is a large role (more than 200 lines, across all 25 chapters), so do consider whether you think you can complete it.

For folks who already have a smaller role or two, we can re-cast if you'd like to be Joe instead. I don't want anyone to miss out because they jumped in to help with this project "too soon". :wink:
eh i'll go ahead and take him
Back to recording

Erik