[COMPLETE] Christianity in the 18th and 19th Century, Volume 4 - tg

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 39
Female Education
(26:53)
Show these neglected projects some love!
Pascal and the Port Royalists Intellectual biography
A Review of Ecclesiastical History (John Newton)
John Inglesant
DPL
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

InTheDesert wrote: November 12th, 2023, 4:32 am Spot checks with new timings for section 28
06:04 missing "deep" in "Low in deep Gethsemane,"
11:01 you have "holiness" instead of "godliness" in "Great is the mystery of godliness."
20:56 "Amen" is cut off at the start of it
24:05 "Amen" is cut off at the start of it, sounds like "en"
29:20 "things" is cut off at the end of “But the Comforter, Which is the Holy Ghost . . . He shall teach you all things ."
32:59 "of the" is missing in " Lo, I am with you alway even unto the end of the world."
33:34 "etc" is partially cut off in "We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers," &c.
34:10 missing "... with Me in" in "... with Me in Paradise."
35:32 missing "will give." in "Giveth His grace of pardon, and will give."
36:09 the first half of "Amen" is missing
38:40 "skies" cuts out in the middle in "For the Harvest of the skies."
39:15 "far away" sounds like "fway" in "Be it near or far away !"
39:22 " (come)s again " is missing from "Our Redeemer comes again ! Amen"
42:06 "A" is missing in "Amen"

My apologies. That is the mess I make when I record on battery power. All subsequent sections have been done on mains power.
I knew something wasn't quite right. In fact I listened a second time to make sure I wasn't delusional as the issues were so out of the ordinary for you.

Anyway, one correction got missed:

32:59 "of the" is missing in " Lo, I am with you alway even unto the end of the world."

Other than that, all is good.

Also, sections 39 and 40 are both PL OK.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

mleigh wrote: November 12th, 2023, 6:21 pm

Spot check ready!
John Inglesant
DPL
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

InTheDesert wrote: November 13th, 2023, 5:03 am
mleigh wrote: November 12th, 2023, 6:21 pm

Spot check ready!
PL OK.

I just realized this afternoon that there are only two sections left. :thumbs:

M
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

mleigh wrote: November 13th, 2023, 7:08 pm I just realized this afternoon that there are only two sections left. :thumbs:
Almost there. Section 30 uploaded.
John Inglesant
DPL
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

TriciaG wrote: October 4th, 2023, 12:03 pm Set up, but I still need to enter the new authors.

EDIT: Authors added.
Description updated!
John Inglesant
DPL
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 32
The Character of the Late Thomas Chalmers, D.D., LL.D. and the Lessons of His Life, from Personal Recollections
(64:19)
John Inglesant
DPL
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

InTheDesert wrote: November 17th, 2023, 9:38 pm
mleigh wrote: November 13th, 2023, 7:08 pm I just realized this afternoon that there are only two sections left. :thumbs:
Meant to get this to you yesterday but ran out of time. Here are the notes for section 30.

24:11 I hear "infinite" instead of "finite" in "and no finite effect may appear adequate"
31:15-31:17 please delete "whether his infidelity ..." as it is corrected immediately following
50:22 Poor "Brown" is missing from the list "Butler, Reid, Stewart, Brown, Brougham, Whately, and Chalmers,"
52:06 and 52:09 the text is duplicated "which is manifestly dorepor xporepoy," top of page 44, sorry I couldn't get the characters to copy correctly.
52:43 missing "“le coup d’oeil, or” before “l'aspect general de l'univers,
1:11:28 could you please increase the volume for "end of..." as is is noticeably lower than the rest of the recording.

I'll try to get the last section done tomorrow.

M
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

mleigh wrote: November 19th, 2023, 6:36 pm
InTheDesert wrote: November 17th, 2023, 9:38 pm
Meant to get this to you yesterday but ran out of time. Here are the notes for section 30.

24:11 I hear "infinite" instead of "finite" in "and no finite effect may appear adequate"
31:15-31:17 please delete "whether his infidelity ..." as it is corrected immediately following
50:22 Poor "Brown" is missing from the list "Butler, Reid, Stewart, Brown, Brougham, Whately, and Chalmers,"
52:06 and 52:09 the text is duplicated "which is manifestly dorepor xporepoy," top of page 44, sorry I couldn't get the characters to copy correctly.
52:43 missing "“le coup d’oeil, or” before “l'aspect general de l'univers,
1:11:28 could you please increase the volume for "end of..." as is is noticeably lower than the rest of the recording.

I'll try to get the last section done tomorrow.

M
Spot check ready!
John Inglesant
DPL
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Spot checks with new timings for section 30
24:10 I hear "infinite" instead of "finite" in "and no finite effect may appear adequate"
31:15 please delete "whether his infidelity ..." as it is corrected immediately following
50:18 Poor "Brown" is missing from the list "Butler, Reid, Stewart, Brown, Brougham, Whately, and Chalmers,"
52:01 and 52:09 the text is duplicated "which is manifestly dorepor xporepoy," top of page 44, sorry I couldn't get the characters to copy correctly.
52:38 missing "“le coup d’oeil, or” before “l'aspect general de l'univers,
01:11:24 could you please increase the volume for "end of..." as is is noticeably lower than the rest of the recording.
John Inglesant
DPL
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

InTheDesert wrote: November 20th, 2023, 3:28 pm Spot checks with new timings for section 30
24:10 I hear "infinite" instead of "finite" in "and no finite effect may appear adequate"
31:15 please delete "whether his infidelity ..." as it is corrected immediately following
50:18 Poor "Brown" is missing from the list "Butler, Reid, Stewart, Brown, Brougham, Whately, and Chalmers,"
52:01 and 52:09 the text is duplicated "which is manifestly dorepor xporepoy," top of page 44, sorry I couldn't get the characters to copy correctly.
52:38 missing "“le coup d’oeil, or” before “l'aspect general de l'univers,
01:11:24 could you please increase the volume for "end of..." as is is noticeably lower than the rest of the recording.
52:38 sounds likes the portion in bold slipped through the cracks in “le coup d’oeil, or” before “l'aspect general de l'univers,, Could you please double check for me.

All the rest is good. :)

Thanks,

M
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

mleigh wrote: November 20th, 2023, 5:31 pm 52:38 sounds likes the portion in bold slipped through the cracks in “le coup d’oeil, or” before “l'aspect general de l'univers,, Could you please double check for me.

Thanks,

M
Spot check ready! Should be right this time.
John Inglesant
DPL
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

InTheDesert wrote: November 21st, 2023, 4:19 am
mleigh wrote: November 20th, 2023, 5:31 pm 52:38 sounds likes the portion in bold slipped through the cracks in “le coup d’oeil, or” before “l'aspect general de l'univers,, Could you please double check for me.

Thanks,

M
Spot check ready! Should be right this time.
indeed it is. Section 30 is PL OK.

Notes on section 32. All easy fixes.

27:53 significant volume drop from here to the end
50:23 please delete "Nor could I, upon the strength of these warm expostulations, have got the thief to give up his stealing, and the evil speaker his censoriousness, and the liar his deviations from truth," It makes sense to be there but it is not in the text. The correct version follows at 50:33 "Now could I, upon the strength of these warm expostulations, have got the thief to give up his stealing, and the evil speaker his censoriousness, and the liar his deviations from truth,"
53:23 sounds like you are starting to say something like "in". Would you mind deleting it?

With those fixes it should be PL OK.

Thanks,

M
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Spot checks with new timings for section 32
50:22 please delete "Nor could I, upon the strength of these warm expostulations, have got the thief to give up his stealing, and the evil speaker his censoriousness, and the liar his deviations from truth," It makes sense to be there but it is not in the text. The correct version follows at 50:33 "Now could I, upon the strength of these warm expostulations, have got the thief to give up his stealing, and the evil speaker his censoriousness, and the liar his deviations from truth,"
53:12 sounds like you are starting to say something like "in". Would you mind deleting it?
John Inglesant
DPL
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

InTheDesert wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 4:52 am Spot checks with new timings for section 32
50:22 please delete "Nor could I, upon the strength of these warm expostulations, have got the thief to give up his stealing, and the evil speaker his censoriousness, and the liar his deviations from truth," It makes sense to be there but it is not in the text. The correct version follows at 50:33 "Now could I, upon the strength of these warm expostulations, have got the thief to give up his stealing, and the evil speaker his censoriousness, and the liar his deviations from truth,"
53:12 sounds like you are starting to say something like "in". Would you mind deleting it?
This is PL OK.

And that wraps up another, quite interesting collection of works. Thanks for the privilege of getting to PL these for you.

M