DR limit

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
victoriaalicebell

Post by victoriaalicebell »

Hello,
I know that the limit for DRs at the same time is 2, but I am planning on putting a 1200 word DR in a DR collection that I will BC. I have a large DR going on right now and one which I am about to start with about 8000-9000 words.

Thanks,
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

I believe that 2-DR limit is for BCing, so starting a collection after your 8000-9000 word DR would put you over the limit.

In the DR suggestions thread, ToddHW has offered to start a short-scenes collection himself quite soon. If you wanted to run the 1200-word one within that rather than starting a whole new collection, I think that's more likely to fly. Best ask Todd, though, as even within that structure you'd still technically be the BC of your short DR.

I would also advise, though, that you find someone that can commit to DPLing your current DR, if you can't do so yourself, before launching and asking for a second (or third) DPL, narrator, etc. Parts-PL is essential!
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
victoriaalicebell

redrun wrote: July 19th, 2023, 1:11 pm I believe that 2-DR limit is for BCing, so starting a collection after your 8000-9000 word DR would put you over the limit.

In the DR suggestions thread, ToddHW has offered to start a short-scenes collection himself quite soon. If you wanted to run the 1200-word one within that rather than starting a whole new collection, I think that's more likely to fly. Best ask Todd, though, as even within that structure you'd still technically be the BC of your short DR.

I would also advise, though, that you find someone that can commit to DPLing your current DR, if you can't do so yourself, before launching and asking for a second (or third) DPL, narrator, etc. Parts-PL is essential!
OK, thank you!
ej400

Post by ej400 »

It is a 2 DR limit, but as was mentioned above I'd also recommend adding to one of Todd's collections and asking him about having a spot there.

I will highly advise though, as someone who's ran into my limits a few times, and spoken with multiple admins about it, is to please try and be careful on not over doing yourself with too many projects. It's a lot of fun having DR's going on and being the BC for them, but running one DR, let alone two, no matter how large they are, can be a very heavy task, and one that requires a lot of time, and can has been before, a burden for an MC. Do try to have a team ready beforehand. Suggest you hope to start one, see if people are interested beforehand because a planned DR will go better than one launched without a team. It's been brought up a few times that any DR can take a long time, and being committed to the length of how long the project will take is another factor. I do see you've done well in the DR you have right now (I actually hope to claim a spot there soon!) but just a couple things to think about.

FWIW
Thanks
Elijah
victoriaalicebell

ej400 wrote: July 19th, 2023, 1:43 pm It is a 2 DR limit, but as was mentioned above I'd also recommend adding to one of Todd's collections and asking him about having a spot there.

I will highly advise though, as someone who's ran into my limits a few times, and spoken with multiple admins about it, is to please try and be careful on not over doing yourself with too many projects. It's a lot of fun having DR's going on and being the BC for them, but running one DR, let alone two, no matter how large they are, can be a very heavy task, and one that requires a lot of time, and can has been before, a burden for an MC. Do try to have a team ready beforehand. Suggest you hope to start one, see if people are interested beforehand because a planned DR will go better than one launched without a team. It's been brought up a few times that any DR can take a long time, and being committed to the length of how long the project will take is another factor. I do see you've done well in the DR you have right now (I actually hope to claim a spot there soon!) but just a couple things to think about.

FWIW
Thanks
Elijah
OK! Thank you!