Naming a project for a weirdly-titled book

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I have been keeping this book on the back burner for some time, in hopes of launching it as a group project soon-ish. One thing that is holding me back is the title. The book was originally written in Latin, and was called Enchiridion Militis Christiani. It is often referred to in English as Handbook of the Christian Soldier. The title page reads "A Book Called in Latin Enchiridion Militis Christiani and in English The Manual of the Christian Knight," which seems a bit much. Should I use the Latin title, or the English one? And if English, then which English one? The one given in the edition I'll be using, or the one that more people are likely to be familiar with and to type in the search bar? Am I overthinking this? I'm overthinking this, aren't I?

https://archive.org/details/abookcalledinla00erasgoog/
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

How about

Enchiridon Militis Christiani (English)
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Or
The Manual of the Christian Knight (Enchiridon Militis Christiani)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

0r
Enchiridon Militis Christiani - The Manual of the Christian Knight or vice versa
but only on the catalogue page heading so either title will come up on a search.

But don't use the full title as file names or into-outro - I'd use Enchiridon then because it is what the author used

Anne