SOLO Home Education Series Volume 4: Ourselves, Book II. Self Direction by Charlotte Mason-mtf

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
putzy a

Post by putzy a »

Okay, third time is the charm, (hopefully the old saying holds true).
And a new file, section 5 is up.
Linda Andrus
putzy a

Post by putzy a »

Thank you.
Here's chapter 6.
Linda Andrus
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

putzy a wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 6:20 pm Thank you.
Here's chapter 6.
Section 6 is PL OK in the chapter body! The intro seems to be a mix of styles - you've put the section title at the start rather than the end of the disclaimer. You probably need to check the previous sections for the format you've been using.
putzy a

Post by putzy a »

Ch 6 is fixed and Ch 7 is up too.
Thank you for your PLing, I have some stuff going on but doing this is one of the few bright spots right now.
Linda Andrus
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

putzy a wrote: July 22nd, 2023, 7:11 pm Ch 6 is fixed and Ch 7 is up too.
Thank you for your PLing, I have some stuff going on but doing this is one of the few bright spots right now.
Section 7 PL Notes:
  • 14:26 Missed Edit (This is Mr Bellingham)
For section 6, I'm still not hearing a clearly numbered intro. I know the division of this book is complicated. My suggestion would be to use a simple section number at the start and then give the full chapter details in the section name. So "Section 6 of.... Chapter 5, The Rulings of Conscience in the House of Body: Chastity Part 2. But that would require changing the existing sections. The reason I suggest it is you're going to have trouble later on when her chapter numbering resets for part 2. To handle part 2, you would need a full description at the start of every section: "Part 1, Section 2, Chapter 9 of..." But that's messy already. So to save yourself later, I'd suggest going back and renumbering the existing sections. Devorah might want to jump in here with some suggestions as well.

I'm glad you're enjoying this book. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ah yes, when books start being divided into parts and chapters and sections, it can get very messy. And this book is already a bit complicated, since it's book 2 of volume 4. :lol: I agree that the simplest thing to do in that case is just to go with the actual MW section numbers for beginning and end, and then state chapter numbers etc after the disclaimer each time. I think I'm saying basically the same thing as ITD.

The important thing is to be consistent, so that if someone is flipping through sections while listening, they will be able to easily note which is which and whether they're playing in the right order. And it's best to decide on this format early on, so that you don't have to scramble to make changes to a whole lot of sections after they're all recorded.
putzy a

Post by putzy a »

Okay, I've changed the beginning to the section number instead of the chapter as suggested. I've flagged the earlier sections for a spot check for that. Fixed the missed edit removal in section 7.

If I keep messing up this much I think I might have to wait a couple of weeks/months for my life situation to improve so my recordings aren't such a job to PL :roll: . Thanks for sticking with me this far. :9:
Linda Andrus
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Sections 1-6 are PL OK! Great work.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 7 needs exactly 5 seconds of silence at the end. The other edits are right!
putzy a

Post by putzy a »

Sections 8 & 9 are up.
Linda Andrus
putzy a

Post by putzy a »

Linda Andrus