Come have a listen to the Northern Voices Mission!

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
tiedyemagpie

Post by tiedyemagpie »

Hi friends,
I am a student at Yukon University. I have been hired for one of their research projects to produce audio that will be broadcast from a Cube SAT. The content is intended to have a northern focus. They need to be 90 seconds maximum. I decided to do a series of "fun facts". I have recorded for Librivox in the past and knew that the recording specs used would be perfect for this application as well because we have to ensure the data is delivered in fairly small file sizes.
So far I have made a few recordings, I have mixed them down to mono. I think they sound okay, but my editing skills are pretty basic.
Please take a listen and let me know if there is anything I can improve!
This is one of my first fun facts about caribou:
https://yukoncollege-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/holly_faye_yukonu_ca/EZ09OWoxdnFArk5h86k97IUBRr1jIotPQOwUf_peO6pZhQ?e=VN4rpL
loon

Post by loon »

I think I would put the background music in at a lower volume, but that's personal preference. Your narration sounded fine to me.
Current Dramatic Reading: Stand By For Mars! - Roles open.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello, tiedyemagpie,

Thank you for sharing this project! Narration is good. However, I think for some of us music volume might tend to compete with your voice and act as a distractor.

(Had to look up what a Cube Sat is. :lol: )
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.