FULL [DR] The Great Quest by Hawes - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

ej400 wrote: January 10th, 2024, 9:24 pm Here is Narrator Chapter 10:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thegreatquest_narrator_10.mp3 -16:01

Thank you!
Had a couple hours this morning, thanks to delay-start snow, so I proofed this and cobbled the chapter together.

10 is PL OK for Elijah
Scott
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

LCaulkins wrote: January 9th, 2024, 5:54 pm Chapter 3 is ready for proofing! Final time is 14:21
The completed chapter 3 is PL OK! :thumbs:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 4 is ready for proofing! Final time = 21:13
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Ah, the game is afoot!

Thanks to the three of you for the forward movement.
Scott
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Chapter 4, PL OK! :thumbs:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 5 is finalized :) End time is 22:14
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Chapter 5 is PL OK! :thumbs:
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Thank you, Ej. 11 and 12 are posted for proofing.
Scott
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

ej400 wrote: January 20th, 2024, 10:22 am Here is Narrator 11:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thegreatquest_narrator_11.mp3 -17:55

Thank you!
Hey there, Elijah :)

I have a few PL Notes for you on ch. 11:

at 0:46, I usually don't point out word pronunciations, since there can be many valid variations, but in this stretch, I'm hearing "The very monotony of his slow, even steps" broken into two words as such:

MAH-na TOE-knee

rather than the single word, muh-NOT-t'knee

I thought you would like it to sound more normal, and it won't do that just with pulling the two halves closer together. :)

at 2:48, I hear only a partial word, and Sim Muzzy and his irritating garrulousness sounding like gr-RALL-us. (I linked the pronunciation there for this crazy word)

at 5:28, I hear "compiled" where the text has "More puzzled, even, than before, I complied." (this is the kind of thing I do a LOT!!! :lol: )

at 12:53, I hear "mediated" where the text has "As I meditated on Willie MacDougald's story"

I gotta say, though, you read Hawes's super-elliptical sentences like a BOSS. So often, he embeds sentences and complex phrases within each other on multiple levels and repeatedly within a single sentence, but you always get the reflection just right so that they make sense to the ear! Hawes's writing is often like the movie, Inception. :lol:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

ej400 wrote: January 28th, 2024, 1:03 am Here is Narrator Chapter 12:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thegreatquest_narrator_12.mp3 -25:09

That one was intense! :shock:

Thank you!
PL Notes for ch. 12:

at 9:09, I hear "my significance" where the text has "Nor did I attribute any significance to the sound of oars bumping against the pins,"

at 10:19, I hear "whatever they were" where the text has "whether they were to be suspected or to be trusted."

at 10:48, I hear "include" where the text has "to think up such arguments as would induce Captain North to return"

at 19:03, I hear "flannix" - since the file is open for editing, would you like to fix "They came in a solid phalanx"?

at 19:23, I hear "though" where the text has "through a garden rich with palms and statuary"

Other than these word fixes, all lines are in place :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Scott or redrun, I need somebody to toggle Narrator 11 and 12 to "See PL Notes," please
~Lynette * -
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

LCaulkins wrote: January 29th, 2024, 8:46 am Scott or redrun, I need somebody to toggle Narrator 11 and 12 to "See PL Notes," please
:thumbs: