FULL [DR] The Great Quest by Hawes - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
ej400

Post by ej400 »

LCaulkins wrote: January 29th, 2024, 7:53 am I gotta say, though, you read Hawes's super-elliptical sentences like a BOSS. So often, he embeds sentences and complex phrases within each other on multiple levels and repeatedly within a single sentence, but you always get the reflection just right so that they make sense to the ear! Hawes's writing is often like the movie, Inception. :lol:
Thank you, I appreciate that a lot! I guess I noticed that a bit, as his writing is similar to how I think while I'm writing. I know that may sound a bit odd, but to answer in depth it's a bit like how I typically text. I'll use "..." as a thinking spot, or brief pause, and sometimes the dash lines (-), to insert a "or in other words," or second thought. So, I guess I understand his writing as a brain process of a sort, rather than fixing the words onto paper in a well organized way :mrgreen: Also, it's just at that nice pace for me for some reason, just easily flowing when it happens and exactly where my brain sometimes wants to end or slow down a sentence.

I loved the movie Inception a lot, too!

Anyhoo, here is Narrator 13:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thegreatquest_narrator_13.mp3 -8:31

Last edited by ej400 on February 4th, 2024, 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Thank you much, ej.

Noticed that your file link is for another project, but I took a chance on your ch. 13 file being named in the manner of the others, and it linked up in the MW appropriately. Ready for PL
Scott
ej400

Post by ej400 »

SCaulkins wrote: February 4th, 2024, 3:54 pm Thank you much, ej.

Noticed that your file link is for another project, but I took a chance on your ch. 13 file being named in the manner of the others, and it linked up in the MW appropriately. Ready for PL
I edited that post now. Sorry about that, last project's file was copied instead of the new one at the time of uploading :roll:
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

It's all good
Scott
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 6 is ready for PL :)

final time is 30:01
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Thanks, folks
Scott
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

LCaulkins wrote: February 5th, 2024, 4:41 pm Chapter 6 is ready for PL :)

final time is 30:01
Anything - within reason, or without! Chapter 6 is PL OK! :thumbs:
The foreshadowing is real. :mrgreen:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

ej400 wrote: February 1st, 2024, 12:24 pm Here are the corrections for Narrator 11:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thegreatquest_narrator_11.mp3 -17:58

Thank you!
Thanks! Narrator Chapter 11 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

ej400 wrote: February 4th, 2024, 2:05 am
LCaulkins wrote: January 29th, 2024, 7:53 am I gotta say, though, you read Hawes's super-elliptical sentences like a BOSS. So often, he embeds sentences and complex phrases within each other on multiple levels and repeatedly within a single sentence, but you always get the reflection just right so that they make sense to the ear! Hawes's writing is often like the movie, Inception. :lol:
Thank you, I appreciate that a lot! I guess I noticed that a bit, as his writing is similar to how I think while I'm writing. I know that may sound a bit odd, but to answer in depth it's a bit like how I typically text. I'll use "..." as a thinking spot, or brief pause, and sometimes the dash lines (-), to insert a "or in other words," or second thought. So, I guess I understand his writing as a brain process of a sort, rather than fixing the words onto paper in a well organized way :mrgreen: Also, it's just at that nice pace for me for some reason, just easily flowing when it happens and exactly where my brain sometimes wants to end or slow down a sentence.

I loved the movie Inception a lot, too!

Anyhoo, here is Narrator 13:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thegreatquest_narrator_13.mp3 -8:31

Super :) Chapter 13 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Appreciate the work, team.

I should be able to get both drafts cut together this weekend.
Scott
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Appreciate it, Elijah

Hey, have I missed corrections for chapter 12? Or are they upcoming?

Not a problem either way, just making sure I hadn't missed your work.
Scott
ej400

Post by ej400 »

SCaulkins wrote: February 16th, 2024, 8:44 pm Appreciate it, Elijah

Hey, have I missed corrections for chapter 12? Or are they upcoming?

Not a problem either way, just making sure I hadn't missed your work.
I haven't corrected them yet. Thank you for checking :thumbs:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

ej400 wrote: February 13th, 2024, 11:21 am Narrator 14:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thegreatquest_narrator_14.mp3 -22:32

Thanks!
Hi, Elijah! :)

Notes for ch. 14:

We are missing "he said" @2:21
Captain North: "The man's gone and I'm sorry,"

he said;

Captain North: "but I honestly believe it is useless for us to try to help him now."

While you have the file open, it'll be helpful if the not-needed long silence at 3:42 is trimmed to normal length. :)

And at the end, after "End of Chapter 14," we need:

"End of Part 3."

Thanks for all your work :)
~Lynette * -