[OPEN] Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand, trans. by Brian Hooker-mtf

Plays and other dramatic works
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

Rapunzelina wrote: November 20th, 2023, 7:23 am Hello everyone! Seeing as the original BC hasn't been active here, I've asked MC Devorah if i could take on coordinating this project. I'll be your new BC and editor :D

If any of the offers above are still standing, please post again!

We're open for business!
Hooray!
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

Native American history--Come read about removal plans, education, and laws:
Annual Report of the Commissioner of Indian Affairs, December 1837
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

May I pick up the open role of Vicomte de Valvert?

Thanks!

Greg
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you, Greg! I've signed you up!
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Rapunzelina wrote: November 20th, 2023, 10:29 am Thank you, Greg! I've signed you up!
Many thanks!

Greg
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Rapunzelina wrote: November 20th, 2023, 7:23 am Hello everyone! Seeing as the original BC hasn't been active here, I've asked MC Devorah if i could take on coordinating this project. I'll be your new BC and editor.
If any of the offers above are still standing, please post again!
We're open for business!
You are very brave taking this on as it is a monster :lol:
However as I recorded a role for it ages ago I would be delighted to see it finished :thumbs:
My main character is in all 5 acts but if you don't mind doubling of roles I could help out with some of the minor roles (Poets/Cadets). Let me know if I can help.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

Yay! May I still have the child? :9:
~Norah Leigh ~
"Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen!" Luke 24:5-6
[DR, Children]The Box-Car Children (Only 6 small roles open!)
[Group, History]In the Days of Queen Elizabeth (Full)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

alanmapstone wrote: November 21st, 2023, 1:56 am Let me know if I can help.
Thank you so much, Alan! I'm still getting acquainted with the play, so I'll get back to you on that within the next few days, but definitely, we need all the help we can get :D
norahnelson wrote: November 21st, 2023, 8:07 am Yay! May I still have the child? :9:
Thank you, Norah! It'll be great to have your voice in this! I'll sign you up for the child!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

GregGiordano wrote: November 20th, 2023, 10:27 am May I pick up the open role of Vicomte de Valvert?

Thanks!

Greg
Hi Greg! If it helps any, Valvert's lines start on the page marked 39 on the scan (up to page marked 44). I think 20 lines in all. The Hathitrust scan is a bit obscured at the bottom of page 39, but that line is:
VALVERT (turns away with a shrug) Well, of course --
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

norahnelson wrote: November 21st, 2023, 8:07 am Yay! May I still have the child? :9:
and the Child is on page marked 69 on the scan. :thumbs:
AgnesRobert

Post by AgnesRobert »

hello, might I be

3rd Cadet

I see that there are a lot of lines for "a cadet" and "another cadet" and not just clear all of the cadets or 3rd, 4th, 5th... cadet, should I just read all of those "a cadet" and "another cadet" lines and you can use whatever is needed? or something more specific?

and as they are only in the second and fourth acts, and there are so many characters in this one, would it be helpful for me to pick up a short role only in act one as well?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hehe - Agnes, you recalled to my mind the memory of recording for another Cadet position. :lol:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

AgnesRobert wrote: November 21st, 2023, 10:59 am hello, might I be

3rd Cadet

I see that there are a lot of lines for "a cadet" and "another cadet" and not just clear all of the cadets or 3rd, 4th, 5th... cadet, should I just read all of those "a cadet" and "another cadet" lines and you can use whatever is needed? or something more specific?

and as they are only in the second and fourth acts, and there are so many characters in this one, would it be helpful for me to pick up a short role only in act one as well?
Thank you so much for joining the cast! While I think that the lines for "A cadet" and "Another cadet" have been recorded, reading the random Cadet lines sounds like a good plan, focusing on "Third Cadet" and "The Cadets" or "All Cadets"

As for parts in Act 1, yes please!

I found this list Mike had prepared, where he split the first act in three parts (a, b and c) so that a reader could read for a character in each part (but not two characters in the same part so that they don't meet in the same conversation).

Second Cavalier, a (2 lines)
First Lackey, a (5 lines)
Second Lackey, a (4 lines)
Citizen, ab (also in Act 2) (19 lines)
2nd Man, a (2 lines)
Third Page, a (2 lines)
Spectator/Voice, ab (6 lines at least, plus lines for "The Crowd", "Voices", "Murmurs", "Intellectuals")
Second Marquis, a (also in Act 2) (11 lines)
Brissaille, ac (also in Act 2) (4 lines)
A Noble, b (1 line)
alanmapstone wrote: November 21st, 2023, 1:56 am Let me know if I can help.
Alan, you can also have your pick if any of the small parts above don't interact with you main character in Act 1.
AgnesRobert

Post by AgnesRobert »

well then, may I also be

1st/A Man, a (1 line)

and

Jodelet, bc (7 lines)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you, Agnes! Yes, I think this will work great! (I'll remove those from the list above)
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

In the opening scene I could do:
1st Lackey
2nd Cavalier
3rd Page
plus perhaps some of the crowd lines?
I can do different voices :wink:

My main character De Guiche only has a few lines in act 1 so I could do others if you suggest which.
Last edited by alanmapstone on November 22nd, 2023, 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose