[COMPLETE] [DramReading] The Story Girl by L. M. Montgomery - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

KevinS wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 4:35 pm Have I finished my parts? I have a Section 1 still pending on my To Do List, but I'm always confused by how these dramatic readings work.
Thanks so much for asking, Kevin. Yes, you are completely finished here. I usually don't link people's names to the finished files until they are PL OK (so as not to confuse folks), but I thought we were almost finished, so I was just getting a jump on getting things in order to archive. Section 1 is the Dramatis Personae and it turns out I need to wait for Elijah to record his name to finish it. Then it will be PLed and marked accordingly. I see light at the end of the tunnel for this project. Sorry to keep you all waiting so long.

TJ
Last edited by benderca on November 3rd, 2021, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

benderca wrote: November 3rd, 2021, 4:26 am
KevinS wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 4:35 pm Have I finished my parts? I have a Section 1 still pending on my To Do List, but I'm always confused by how these dramatic readings work.
Thanks so much for asking, Kevin. Yes, your are completely finished here. I usually don't link people's names to the finished files until they are PL OK (so as not to confuse folks), but I thought we were almost finished, so I was just getting a jump on getting things in order to archive. Section 1 is the Dramatis Personae and it turns out I need to wait for Elijah to record his name to finish it. Then it will be PLed and marked accordingly. I see light at the end of the tunnel for this project. Sorry to keep you all waiting so long.

TJ
Thank you! A very nice project and I'm looking forward to hearing it!
benderca

Post by benderca »

ej400 wrote:October 30th, 2021, 9:04 pm I will get those in ASAP :D

Thank you!

Hi Elijah,

Could you please just take 10 minutes and record the following lines (I can't do anything more until I have them):

Dramatis Personae:
"Felix King"

Chapter 24:

On page 10, please add the line:
"Oh, God, please make Pat better by the morning. PLEASE do."

On page 11, please add the line:
"I wish I knew whether it was the praying or Peg Bowen that cured Pat,"

Felix, Chapter 26:
00:01
"Why, who ever heard of a sermon without a text?"

1:35
But when Peter preaches just such a sermon, it's a very different story."

2:03
Cecily was just as scared as Sara Ray, but she'd more sense than to show it like that."

2:22
"Felicity makes enough faces when there's nothing to make faces at,"

Chapter 27:
2:00
Could I ask you please to change the intonation of this sentence for clarity? There should be a pause between "was" and "the":
"The more religious anything was [pause] the more fighting there was about it."

Chapter 28:
00:10 Wrong Word:
Peter was simply shirking. (I hear "shrieking" instead of "shirking")

Chapter 30
We ain't going to school till we're sure we are not going to have the measles. This is all I can think of, so I will draw to a close. Remember, you can pray for anything you like. FELIX KING."

You can just record the lines above together in one file. You don't need to edit your previous files (I've already edited the rest of your lines into the master files anyway). I just need the lines above. Quick and simple :D .

You don't even have to edit -- feel free to send me the rough draft :lol:

Thanks,
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

It looks like I'm either going to have to find a voice double or open up the Felix role to finish this project. Does anyone think they can imitate Elijah's voice to record the missing lines for Felix? (I will also need a Felix for the sequel and I'd prefer to have the same voice for both books).
ej400

Post by ej400 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_felix_finaledits_128kb.mp3

I apologize again for the delay, I PM'ed TJ about the reason why there was a delay, which was some serious personal things going on that I needed to take care of. I really do apologize for disappearing like that :oops:

Anyway, those should be the final edits.
benderca

Post by benderca »

ej400 wrote: December 30th, 2021, 9:29 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_felix_finaledits_128kb.mp3

I apologize again for the delay, I PM'ed TJ about the reason why there was a delay, which was some serious personal things going on that I needed to take care of. I really do apologize for disappearing like that :oops:

Anyway, those should be the final edits.

OOOOOOh, yay! This is fantastic! Thank you sooooo much, Elijah! I will listen to these right away!
benderca

Post by benderca »

benderca

Post by benderca »

Felix, Chapter 27 is PL OK.

Chapter 27 is ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_27_montgomery_draft.mp3
benderca

Post by benderca »

Felix, Chapter 26 is PL OK.

Chapter 26 is ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_26_montgomery_draft.mp3
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Is someone lined up to do the final PL on these?
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
benderca

Post by benderca »

TriciaG wrote: January 4th, 2022, 10:59 am Is someone lined up to do the final PL on these?
I'm not sure. I could drop Linny a PM to see if she's still on board.
benderca

Post by benderca »

@ Tricia: On another note, Jasmin and I designed a cover for this project, but I'm not sure where or how to post it.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Oh, yeah - Linny has had real life issues and hasn't been around for a while.

If you want, I can take a quick listen to them. Or someone else can. :)

I'll stick the cover pre-claim in for you (normally done here: viewtopic.php?t=28785 ). You'll need to wait to upload it until the project is complete - or at the very earliest, when the project is in the process of cataloging and has been uploaded to Archive. Have you done a cover before? Instructions and files to be sent is in that first post.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

I can PL the necessary sections if you want. :D
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌