What do you like about LV

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

I like the positive attitude everyone has, and all the work that's done to make so many audio books available to so many people.
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

What do I like about Librivox?

Denis Denuto said it best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gls09kO-8DE

Yep, it's the vibe.
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

i travel around quite a bit for work. so at the moment im staying in istanbul, and this weekend is bayram, the festival at the end of ramadan.

so i have some time, and i decided to record a piece for the tenth anniversary collection, and browsing the available pieces, one catches my eye. turns out it is a short story, set in istanbul, on the second day of bayram.

:D
Carolin
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

I get to talk, and then I get to listen to myself talk. To anyone who knows me, that is my sweet spot! :mrgreen:
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
My current Solo project A Spoiler of Men by Richard Marsh
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

On a less silly (than my last post) note:

LV got me started looking harder for old and interesting texts. I have ended up converting a couple that were scanned into PG texts. In my hunt, I have also found an excellent page on mystery stories, a couple good blogs that discuss weird fiction and old science fiction. Before LV I often browsed PG texts to see what interesting ones might be out there, but in the end, I didn't read all that many of them. Now, I have a good excuse to add them to my reading schedule.

I am amazed at the people on LV who can quickly answer calls for texts on almost any subject.
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
My current Solo project A Spoiler of Men by Richard Marsh
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Not quite that many volunteers, Elijah. That is the number of people who have registered for the forum. I would estimate the number of volunteers at closer to 7500 - 7024 readers plus prooflisteners and a few others.
Jo
mongope

Post by mongope »

Hola! Me gusta el ambiente de cordialidad y disposición positiva que se respira aquí. La rapidez con que se nos responde a cualquier duda. La cálida acogida. :D :clap: :clap: :clap:
Montse
ej400

Post by ej400 »

knotyouraveragejo wrote:Not quite that many volunteers, Elijah. That is the number of people who have registered for the forum. I would estimate the number of volunteers at closer to 7500 - 7024 readers plus prooflisteners and a few others.
Yes I should just say we have that many accounts.

I am glad that we have admins.
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

I like all the old books I would never have come across otherwise!!
~Tiffany
jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

I like that I can study English during recording and stay close to new range of books.
~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.
Harr1

Post by Harr1 »

I like the opportunity to test my voice-skills, without investing lots of resources. I've planned to study acting, audiobook creating and audio engineering, but LV has shown me that it's not an easy industry, so I'm not so sure anymore :hmm: .
kukailimoku

Post by kukailimoku »

I like the surprises, such as:

- The completed book I've been keeping an eye out for is downloadable now (my drive has canyons and tunnels and sucks for streaming).
- Another read by Richard Kilmer!
- A new reader on the next chapter (the variety in styles and interpretation is awesome).

It's never dull in Librivox land...
Why yes there IS a blog about choral singing. Thanks for asking.
http://www.thewindwardchoralsociety.org/news/