Don't you hate...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

:lol:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

... when you're on your way to finally go finish that PL job that you haven't had a chance to get to, and you step on a dead bee. And then see a few dozen other dead bees crowding around the window in your computer room.

:?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

eeeeew!! Not Nice!!! I love bees - outside - far away from me - in happy hives, making their honey.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

..when the character you've voiced as British is revealed as American..IN CHAPTER 20!!!!
Anne
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

anneflebari wrote: May 24th, 2023, 2:17 pm ..when the character you've voiced as British is revealed as American..IN CHAPTER 20!!!!
Anne
I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud because of this. Please forgive.
txphred

Post by txphred »

... when you buy yet another microphone; try it out and think the recording sounds great. The next day when you listen to it again - and find it sounds terrible!

Fred
GettingTooOld

Post by GettingTooOld »

txphred wrote: May 24th, 2023, 6:31 pm ... when you buy yet another microphone; try it out and think the recording sounds great. The next day when you listen to it again - and find it sounds terrible! -Fred
I had a bluetooth speaker I paid top dollar for which was just like that, sounded terrible. After calling the company, pouring over the user manual they sent, and several technicians looking at it, turned out it was the mp3's it was playing that were the problem, they were "country music".
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

My excuse..she was trying to hide the fact she was American...well that's my story and I'm sticking to it😁
GettingTooOld

Post by GettingTooOld »

anneflebari wrote: May 24th, 2023, 7:53 pm My excuse..she was trying to hide the fact she was American...well that's my story and I'm sticking to it😁
people with the book will know when they read that page and eventually notice it's handwritten in pencil, always the way. :shock:

But I must say I commserate with you, almost sent a PM, but there are almost too many pm's in my inbox, so it makes me antisocial. argh ! :evil:

I feelbad for you. :(
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

anneflebari wrote: May 24th, 2023, 7:53 pm My excuse..she was trying to hide the fact she was American...well that's my story and I'm sticking to it😁
Good plan!
txphred

Post by txphred »

GettingTooOld wrote: May 24th, 2023, 7:53 pm
txphred wrote: May 24th, 2023, 6:31 pm ... when you buy yet another microphone; try it out and think the recording sounds great. The next day when you listen to it again - and find it sounds terrible! -Fred
I had a bluetooth speaker I paid top dollar for which was just like that, sounded terrible. After calling the company, pouring over the user manual they sent, and several technicians looking at it, turned out it was the mp3's it was playing that were the problem, they were "country music".
What could have happened if you had played old hillbilly music from 78's? Consider the fearful results of traditional Cajun - the accordion's diatonic tuning and all the fiddle double stops! The speaker might have reached critical mass!!!!
Fred
ej400

Post by ej400 »

...when you record for 45 minutes and realize you were muted the entire time

This is why you always test before recording :roll:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Does anyone else's nose sometimes itch SO MUCH when you're recording? ARGH!! It was driving me crazy! But I got through the chapter, with a bunch of pauses to rub and rub my silly nose.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TriciaG wrote: July 12th, 2023, 7:57 am Does anyone else's nose sometimes itch SO MUCH when you're recording? ARGH!! It was driving me crazy! But I got through the chapter, with a bunch of pauses to rub and rub my silly nose.
Hahah! Have you ever heard of Bozo?
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

TriciaG wrote: July 12th, 2023, 7:57 am Does anyone else's nose sometimes itch SO MUCH when you're recording? ARGH!! It was driving me crazy! But I got through the chapter, with a bunch of pauses to rub and rub my silly nose.
Mine itches all through life, so yes, you are not alone! :lol:
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌