Hey there, hello, hola, howdy!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
BethAnne

Post by BethAnne »

I found Librivox through a google search for audio books online. I have enjoyed using the Gutengerg Project books for some time and I was delighted to find audio versions of so many.

I've listened to several of the Librivox books and I find them more to my taste than what I can find in my local library [or I've already heard the ones there I like]. I wanted to volunteer to help. I am fluent in American English and Spanish and would be happy to read in either of these languages.

I am semi-retired and this would be an enjoyable pastime. I have taught ESL in Mexico and college in the US. I have also written a few books, but they are still under copyright. ; )

BethAnne
Samanem

Post by Samanem »

Hello and welcome to Librivox, BethAnne! I can't wait to retire (for multiple reasons, and here's hoping I get to do so! :roll: ). While you're here, you may also be interested in proof-listening, which is a great way to start out! If you'd like to try Proof-Listening, here's a link to the Guide for Proof-Listeners: Guide for Proof-Listeners

As far as recording goes, the files we make do have to be in a certain format: mp3, mono, 44,100Hz, 16-bit, 128kbps and usually louder than most people think! Here's the Newbie Guide to Recording: Newbie Guide to Recording.

And we respectfully urge a 1 Minute Test, to help you get things all set up! Here's a link to the 1-Minute Test Recording: 1-Minute Test that explains how to do all that. You would upload your test and then post the link to the test as a new thread in the Listeners Wanted Forum. Instructions are in the link, including where to upload the link, the username and the password to use, etc. This test is not for any kind of audition purposes, just to make sure that it fits our format technically and that your levels are okay.

One of our volunteers, Philchenevert, has created several great videos that you might find helpful in learning more about Librivox. Here's a list of them: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/User:Philchenevert

People here are very helpful and friendly, so don't be afraid to ask any questions you have along the way. You can just ask away in this same thread if you have any trouble.

Have fun!

Samanem :D
"I ask to be allowed to have a lamp in the evening;
it is indeed wearisome sitting alone in the dark." ~ William Tyndale (1494-1536)
|