Congrats on the Success and Growth

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Aldark

Post by Aldark »

Hey everyone!

There is a huge pocket of people that won't know, but for those that do - BIG CONGRATS on the continuing success of LibriVox.

Life has kept me way, way busy - but this site, this project, and the people I came to know here are never far from my thoughts.

I hope to become more active later this year, but wanted to check in.

Keep it Up!

Scott
kayray

Post by kayray »

I remember you, Scott -- welcome back! Isn't it amazing how much we've accomplished?
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Aldark

Post by Aldark »

kayray wrote:I remember you, Scott -- welcome back! Isn't it amazing how much we've accomplished?
Hey Kara! Yes - truly amazing.

This was one project, a great project, I really wanted to be part of... but life, kids, work has kept me farther away than I wanted.
kayray

Post by kayray »

OH, that happens. Maybe you'll record a Weekly Poem for us one of these days, just to get a feel for it again :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

Scott, thanks for the blast from past! ;-)
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

I remember you! Thanks for stopping by and hope to be hearing you in the future again.

Esther :D
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
Aldark

Post by Aldark »

Hi Hugh!

Hi Esther!
dwegowy

Post by dwegowy »

I was just thinking of starting a thread akin to this one, so I'm equally happy to add my kudos. I only found LibriVox a couple of months ago and was amazed immediately—absolutely had to contribute to the effort. It seems my first recording will do the trick (hooray!), and now I have a good idea of the time involved, some of the pitfalls, the technical side of things, etc.

Now I'm actually curious about the 'listenership' i.e. the demand/use of these recordings. Any idea/stats?

Another site I recently discovered, which is very much in the spirit of LibriVox, is the Piano Society. Oh-h-h, if only I could play piano and contribute there, too! Instead, I'm an extremely satisfied beneficiary of that project.

Web 2.0! This is what it's about.

Cheers, all.