[COMPLETE] The Pink Fairy book by Andrew Lang - ic

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Mylantus

Post by Mylantus »

The Pink Fairy Book by Andrew Lang (1844-1912) .

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-pink-fairy-book-by-andrew-lang/
All people in the world tell nursery tales to their children, and the stories are apt to be like each other everywhere. A child who has read the Blue and Red and Yellow Fairy Books will find some old friends with new faces in the Pink Fairy Book. Courage, youth, beauty, kindness, have many trials, but they always win the battle; while witches, giants, unfriendly cruel people, are on the losing hand. So it ought to be, and so, on the whole, it is and will be; and that is all the moral of fairy tales. We cannot all be young, alas! and pretty, and strong; but nothing prevents us from being kind, and no kind man, woman, or beast or bird, ever comes to anything but good in these oldest fables of the world. (Summary of the Author's Preface by Elliott Miller)
  • Target completion date: April 30, 2010
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/5615/
  • Type of proof-listening required: Standard PL
    IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project will be opened up to a group project as soon as a Book Coordinator can be found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to have it re-instated).

===========================================
    MAGIC WINDOW:

(Solo admin)

Soloist - please provide *all of* the following:
    • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Lang
    • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pink_Fairy_Book#Pink_Fairy_Book_.281897.29
    • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 42
    • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: Y
    • Original publication date (if known): 1897
    • Year of author's death (note: in some countries copyright is author's death + 50 or 70 years): 1912
    • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Start of recording (Intro)
    • "[Section ##] of the Pink Fairy Book. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      "The Pink Fairy Book, by Andrew Lang. [Story title]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • " [Section ##] of the Pink Fairy Book. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain.
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      "The Pink Fairy Book, by Andrew Lang. [Story Title]"

End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      End of [Story Title]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Pink Fairy Book, by Andrew Lang."

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename
    pinkfairybook_##_lang.mp3
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Title: ## - [Story title]
    Artist: Andrew Lang
    Album: The Pink Fairy Book
  • Instructions for soloist: transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      You'll need to select an MC, which for this project is: ic - icyjumbo
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi!

If the job is not taken yet, I'd love to DPL! :D

Elli
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

My plate is full, so I can't MC. However, you will want to make your file names all the same except for the section number. If you put the name of the story, it'll sort alphabetically instead of how the stories are listed in the book.

I suggest pinkstorybook_##_lang.mp3.

You'll probably also want to say "Section ## of the pink story book" instead of the story name in the first part. In the part of the intro after the disclaimer, you could say "The Pink Story Book by Andrew Lang. [Story title]" as you have written. The reason being that the first part of the intro is for those who are listening along and don't look at the MP3 player. In order for them to know it's the next section, that they're not missing one, they'll need the section number. :)

Those are my thoughts. An MC should be a long to pick up this project.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
icyjumbo

Post by icyjumbo »

Tricia was exactly right. :)

I'll be back soon with a magic window. And I'll add aravis as DPL while I'm preparing the project.
Mylantus

Post by Mylantus »

Thanks Everybody, I admit I was a little confused as to how to go about this one, section title wise. it makes a lot more sense now.

Elliott
icyjumbo

Post by icyjumbo »

The MW is all set up, Elliott, and you're good to go.

I've made the changes in the first post that Tricia suggested, as they were excellent :) Please just check through all of them, to be sure that you know what you're going to say at the beginning of recordings. I also changed the suggested file names.

This should be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to it.
Mylantus

Post by Mylantus »

Sweet, looks like we are good to go. Thanks to everybody!

Section 00 is Done, Length 2:59

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ic/pinkfairybook_00_lang.mp3

and Section 01 is done, Length 6:07

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ic/pinkfairybook_01_lang.mp3
aravis

Post by aravis »

Great, downloading! :D

Elli
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi Elliott!

Both chapters are great! :D

Elli
Elli

Mylantus

Post by Mylantus »

Mylantus

Post by Mylantus »

aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi Elliott!

Downloading! :D

Elli
Elli

KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Hi guys. Chris, icyjumbo, is away for a bit, and I will be keeping an eye on the MC duties here until he returns. Let me know if you need anything.

Barry :)
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi Elliott!

Both chapter are great! :D
Elli

Mylantus

Post by Mylantus »

Thanks Elli, got another one for you. I never realized how horrifying these stories were. A woman got her throat slit in the last one, and in this one 2 girls get locked in a celler. Sheesh.

Section 4:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ic/pinkfairybook_04_lang.mp3

Length: 08:48