Hiya!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Koschei

Post by Koschei »

Hiya! I'm Koschei.
He/they/it
History and Maths student in beautiful Washington state. Audio is basically the only way I consume actual published works nowadays, so hoping to contribute to the vast, but never enough, collection if audiobooks out there
I've dabbled in a bit of podficcing so far, so my main anxiety is over figuring out the site navigation XD But I'm sure it's a matter of time
Besides English, I'm fluent in Russian, and definitely looking for projects in both languages.
IonaMuirgel2002

Post by IonaMuirgel2002 »

Koschei, welcome to LV! After your one-minute test is completed, please, please, jump right into recording something in Russian! I do not have the patience to learn it, but I think it a very beautiful language, And I love to hear people speak it!
-Iona
"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight."
-Phyllis Diller

"There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” – Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle 8-)
vviera

Post by vviera »

Koschei wrote: March 14th, 2024, 5:16 pm Hiya! I'm Koschei.
He/they/it
History and Maths student in beautiful Washington state. Audio is basically the only way I consume actual published works nowadays, so hoping to contribute to the vast, but never enough, collection if audiobooks out there
I've dabbled in a bit of podficcing so far, so my main anxiety is over figuring out the site navigation XD But I'm sure it's a matter of time
Besides English, I'm fluent in Russian, and definitely looking for projects in both languages.
Welcome, Koschei! I lived in Seattle for 20 years, and Washington's beauty really is unsurpassed.

First step is your 1-Minute Test, which is not an audition, but rather an opportunity to make sure your technical specs are set up to match Librivox requirements.

It is awesome to hear that you want to do some reading in Russian! There are three group projects in Russian right now, and you can see those in the Readers Wanted: Languages Other Than English forum.

On the site navigation, you're right, it'll come quick. I'd go to the basic forum page (forum.librivox.org) and just start clicking on things to learn your way around. But it's basically three levels: 1. top level forum-then 2. subforum-then 3. topic. Each topic (sometimes called a thread) is then where messages are posted.
Examples:
1. basic forum, 2. Languages Other than English, 3. книга рассказов графа Л. Н. Толстого
or
1. basic forum, 2. New Here? Introduce Yourself!, 3. Hiya! (the latter being your post, the thread I'm posting this message to.)

Sometimes you'll also hear a subforum called just, forum, but that 1-2-3 is the structure.

You can also learn a lot by poking around the Librivox wiki. And always, you can post a message in any forum and someone will jump in with an answer.

Have fun!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

Здраствуйте, Кощей! Вы любите сказки? Мне почему-то кажется, что да))) Нам нужна помощь в одном проекте viewtopic.php?t=86326
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Koschei wrote: March 14th, 2024, 5:16 pm Hiya! I'm Koschei.
He/they/it
Welcome to Librivox, Koschei!

Once you have completed your one minute test, I thought you might be interested in contributing to these projects, given your interests: You can see all the available group projects that are looking for readers here.
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28