Blog/Podcast Idea

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
brandonbrinkley

Post by brandonbrinkley »

Hello all! I have been reading for almost a year now and the experience has been really great. I've been thinking about starting a blog and/or podcast to document my journey, but also to encourage people to volunteer and provide some tips and tricks I've learned along the way. Even though Librivox is a volunteer-run organization, it doesn't mean that there are no policies, and I want to avoid running afoul of any that might prohibit this sort of thing. I checked the FAQ and found nothing on this topic. I did a search on the forum and if something is indeed out there, it was buried in the results. Is anyone aware of anything? Is there a board of directors or someone else with whom I should consult first?

Thanks!
Brandon
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

We're assuming you're talking about publishing it off our site, in which case we have no objections. :)

"Ordinary people" have made our how-to videos on YouTube (I'm pretty sure Phil's videos started before he became an admin) and have probably done other things off site that we aren't aware of.

If you're interested in getting input from other volunteers for a podcast, you may want to consider making it a LibriVox Community Podcast. We haven't had one in almost 4 years! There's also a bunch of info in the first few posts of the planning thread, here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37182
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
brandonbrinkley

Post by brandonbrinkley »

TriciaG wrote: March 12th, 2024, 11:23 am We're assuming you're talking about publishing it off our site, in which case we have no objections. :)

"Ordinary people" have made our how-to videos on YouTube (I'm pretty sure Phil's videos started before he became an admin) and have probably done other things off site that we aren't aware of.

If you're interested in getting input from other volunteers for a podcast, you may want to consider making it a LibriVox Community Podcast. We haven't had one in almost 4 years! There's also a bunch of info in the first few posts of the planning thread, here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37182
Oh wow! I didn't even know it existed (so, no, the idea of LV hosting it never even crossed my mind). And I see it's registered on Apple Podcasts too! Sweet!

Let me put some thought into this. I had something a bit different in mind. To be honest, it started as an excuse to work with a live RSS feed and test out Podcast 2.0 specs...I'm a geek. I figured why not so a small show at the same time. But maybe I can combine these two ideas. And maybe this way I could incorporate interviews. Ok, mind is turning now. I'll be back in touch.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I think another podcast would be absolutely wonderful! And I would certainly be interested in getting involved :D