[LAW] American State Trials, Volume 4, by John D. Lawson -jo

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

sweetnecromancy84

Post by sweetnecromancy84 »

I would like to read Section 48, if possible. Thank you!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

sweetnecromancy84 wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 6:50 pm I would like to read Section 48, if possible. Thank you!
Done!
Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Sections 21 & 24-25 are PL OK :thumbs:
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
KarenSmith

Post by KarenSmith »

Good morning,
I would like to record Section #50.
Thank you,
Karen Smith
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

KarenSmith wrote: April 5th, 2024, 8:39 am Good morning,
I would like to record Section #50.
Thank you,
Karen Smith
Welcome to Librivox (again), Karen!
It would be great to have you record section 50 for this project (American State Trials). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

In order to assign a section to you in the Magic Window (MW) of this project, I've entered you into the database of readers. Your reader page is accessible here and a list of your assigned sections is here (you might want to bookmark it). Your claim is confirmed - you have one month to submit section 50. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!

Some common questions that new readers ask:
  • Footnotes: They are optional. You can read all, some or none. An easy way to mark them is to say 'footnote' then read the footnote then say 'end footnote'.
  • Quotes: You can mark these by saying 'quote' then reading the quote and then saying 'end quote'. You can decide whether to say quote at all - sometimes it will be clear from context. I'd suggest saying it if the quotation spans multiple sentences.
  • Non-English phrases: We do have to read them. You could 1) pronounce it however you want 2) post in this thread and ask for someone to record it for you so you can either mimic it or splice it into your own recording 3) try Forvo for individual words or the sound icon on Google Translate for a text to speech version to copy.
  • Roman numerals: Read these as their corresponding number.
  • Abbreviations: You can choose to expand these or not to. You could say 'e.g' or 'for example'.
  • Heading numbering: Sometimes books use roman numerals and digits for two different levels of headings. I think a good solution to this is to say 'first, second' etc. for roman numeral headings (I, II etc.) and 'one, two' etc. for digit headings (1, 2 etc.).
JeremyL22

Post by JeremyL22 »

Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Sections 26-27 are PL OK :thumbs:
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Section 83 is PL OK :thumbs:
StaceyM2022

Post by StaceyM2022 »

Hello,

I found that Section 76 - Trial of Robbins, Mullet, Price, Lopez and Long for piracy, Charleston, South Carolina, 1718 is on pages 682-683 and the word count is around 600 words. Another trial starts on page 684.

I also noticed what seems to be a typo on page 62. "The Clerk. John Lopez what have you to say. Lopes..."

I wanted to clarify before I start recording.

Thanks,
Stacey
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

StaceyM2022 wrote: April 9th, 2024, 1:48 pm Hello,

I found that Section 76 - Trial of Robbins, Mullet, Price, Lopez and Long for piracy, Charleston, South Carolina, 1718 is on pages 682-683 and the word count is around 600 words. Another trial starts on page 684.

I also noticed what seems to be a typo on page 62. "The Clerk. John Lopez what have you to say. Lopes..."

I wanted to clarify before I start recording.

Thanks,
Stacey
Section 76 looks correct to me (unless you are saying it does not continue until p.684, which is right - I always add the first page of the next section just to be sure).

And yes, that is a typo that you can correct verbally/
JeremyL22

Post by JeremyL22 »

Hi I’d like section 84 please