OPEN[DRAMATIC, CHILDREN] The Box-Car Children, by Gertrude Chandler Warner (1924) - rap

Plays and other dramatic works
thecountess

Post by thecountess »

Wow! You have been hard at work recording! I will start PLing them soon. :mrgreen:

~ The Countess
thecountess

Post by thecountess »

Good job! All the recordings above are PL OK! :clap:
By the way isn't it funny how different the book is from the version we are recording? :lol:

~ The Countess
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

thecountess wrote: March 20th, 2024, 8:43 am
Good job! All the recordings above are PL OK! :clap:
By the way isn't it funny how different the book is from the version we are recording? :lol:

~ The Countess
Thank you!
It really is. :hmm:
~Norah Leigh ~
"Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen!" Luke 24:5-6
[DR, Children]The Box-Car Children (Only 6 small roles open!)
[Group, History]In the Days of Queen Elizabeth (Full)
thecountess

Post by thecountess »

norahnelson wrote: March 20th, 2024, 3:41 pm Thank you!
It really is. :hmm:
Yeah! 8-) :mrgreen:

~ The Countess
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

I was looking online trying to figure out why there are so many changes in this version of the book then others. So for those of you who are interested here's what I found:

Even though the 1924 edition (the one we're reading) of, The Boxcar Children, is a TRUE FIRST EDITION, and it is the VERY FIRST original Boxcar Children book ever written by Gertrude Warner..... the 1942 edition is also a true 1st edition! Yes you read that correctly.

The 1942 edition went through a major revision with many details being changed, left out and added. There were drastic changes in the storyline, illustrations, book cover, publishing company and the illustrator, so drastic that the 1942 edition went under an entirely new copyright. Thus, the ONLY true first editions of The vintage original Boxcar Children books are the 1924 and the 1942 editions.

The 1950 edition was a slight revision of the 1942 edition. The 1950 copyright is a 2nd edition. The most collectible and valuable of these books are the: 1924, the 1942, and the 1950 editions.

I hope you all found that interesting, and I hope cleared up why this version is so different from the version you've probably read.

Thank you,
~Norah Leigh ~
"Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen!" Luke 24:5-6
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

That is fascinating, for sure.

I think the title for this recording should reflect that so that potential listeners know that it is the 1924 edition. Just adding (1924) to the title should do it. I don't know if editing the head post is enough or if our MC needs to make the change. Just a suggestion, so your call entirely.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

silverquill wrote: March 21st, 2024, 11:45 am That is fascinating, for sure.

I think the title for this recording should reflect that so that potential listeners know that it is the 1924 edition. Just adding (1924) to the title should do it. I don't know if editing the head post is enough or if our MC needs to make the change. Just a suggestion, so your call entirely.
That's a good idea! :thumbs:
~Norah Leigh ~
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

I added the information to the first post, for anyone who was wondering about the different versions.

Thank you,
~Norah Leigh ~
thecountess

Post by thecountess »

norahnelson wrote: March 21st, 2024, 6:41 am I was looking online trying to figure out why there are so many changes in this version of the book then others. So for those of you who are interested here's what I found:

Even though the 1924 edition (the one we're reading) of, The Boxcar Children, is a TRUE FIRST EDITION, and it is the VERY FIRST original Boxcar Children book ever written by Gertrude Warner..... the 1942 edition is also a true 1st edition! Yes you read that correctly.

The 1942 edition went through a major revision with many details being changed, left out and added. There were drastic changes in the storyline, illustrations, book cover, publishing company and the illustrator, so drastic that the 1942 edition went under an entirely new copyright. Thus, the ONLY true first editions of The vintage original Boxcar Children books are the 1924 and the 1942 editions.

The 1950 edition was a slight revision of the 1942 edition. The 1950 copyright is a 2nd edition. The most collectible and valuable of these books are the: 1924, the 1942, and the 1950 editions.

I hope you all found that interesting, and I hope cleared up why this version is so different from the version you've probably read.

Thank you,
That is very interesting! :P

~ The Countess
amosbuchanan

Post by amosbuchanan »

Can I claim 'Baker' and 'Watch's Old Master'?
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

amosbuchanan wrote: April 1st, 2024, 11:26 am Can I claim 'Baker' and 'Watch's Old Master'?
Of course!
~Norah Leigh ~
StaceyM2022

Post by StaceyM2022 »

Hi there,

Here is Bakeshop Woman - chapter 1 - 1:21

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/boxcarchildren_bakeshopwoman_01.mp3

Bakeshop Woman - chapter 2 - 41 seconds.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/boxcarchildren_bakeshopwoman_02.mp3

Thanks,
Stacey
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

StaceyM2022 wrote: April 7th, 2024, 1:18 pm Hi there,

Thanks,
Stacey
Thank you,
~Norah Leigh ~
thecountess

Post by thecountess »

StaceyM2022 wrote: April 7th, 2024, 1:18 pm Hi there,

Thanks,
Stacey
They are both PL OK! :clap:

~ The Countess
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

Thank you Countess!
~Norah Leigh ~