[COMPLETE] Five Little Peppers in the Little Brown House by Margaret Sidney - loa

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

MooMin08 wrote: January 20th, 2024, 10:59 pm Hello, can I try reading chapters 3 & 4, please. Thanks!
Welcome to Librivox, MooMin08!

Yes, you can. I’ve assigned them both to you.

Check out the first post of this project for information about what file name to use, how to upload, what to say at the start and end, how much silence to include, etc. Let me know if you have any questions along the way.

Happy reading!

Cheers,
Winnifred
From May 15-23, no access to Checker or to PL readings longer than 10 minutes

Readers Wanted:
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
The First Sir Percy (Scarlet Pimpernel prequel)
MooMin08

Post by MooMin08 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_03_sidney_128kb.mp3

Hello,

I tried my very first reading.... I hope it turned out well... quite a long read.

Thanks
MooMin
MooMin08

Post by MooMin08 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_03_sidney_128kb.mp3

Hi,

My first try in reading.... I hope it turned out well... quite a long read.

Thank you.
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

Hey! Could I claim chapter 5 please? I am a kid myself, so I love these type of books! :D
~All the best,
Joy~

I'm not just joyful, I'm jolly!<3
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

MooMin08 wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 11:18 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_03_sidney_128kb.mp3

Hi,

My first try in reading.... I hope it turned out well... quite a long read.

Thank you.
Hi MooMin,

Yes, you picked a long one for your first reading! The positive thing about that is that the next chapter will seem much easier by comparison.

Your recording passes the Checker (technical specifications), so I'll put it into the Magic Window now for our intrepid proof listener, Elijah, to listen to. It'll likely be a few days before he gets back to you with any feedback or an approval. For the next chapter, please remember to include the length of the recording along with the link when you post it here.

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

j0lly wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 4:55 am Hey! Could I claim chapter 5 please? I am a kid myself, so I love these type of books! :D
Hi Joy,

It's all yours! I loved the Five Little Peppers and How They Grew as a kid, but never realized that there was a whole series that followed. So I'm catching up with them now!

Have fun reading!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

Winnifred wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 11:56 am
j0lly wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 4:55 am Hey! Could I claim chapter 5 please? I am a kid myself, so I love these type of books! :D
Hi Joy,

It's all yours! I loved the Five Little Peppers and How They Grew as a kid, but never realized that there was a whole series that followed. So I'm catching up with them now!

Have fun reading!

Cheers,
Thanks!
~All the best,
Joy~

I'm not just joyful, I'm jolly!<3
KayKay

Post by KayKay »

Hi,

I would like to read Chapter 6 - The Little White Cat.

Thanks,

KayKay
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

KayKay wrote: January 24th, 2024, 12:20 pm Hi,

I would like to read Chapter 6 - The Little White Cat.

Thanks,

KayKay
All yours!

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
ej400

Post by ej400 »

MooMin08 wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:51 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_03_sidney_128kb.mp3

Hello,

I tried my very first reading.... I hope it turned out well... quite a long read.

Thanks
MooMin
Hello! You have such a soft and wonderful voice to listen to, and your narration is very nice :9:

I do have just a couple of PL notes for you, but please don't be discouraged, these aren't anything we can't work on together :D :

0:00 There is just a little bit of background noise throughout the recording. I believe just a little bit of noise reduction (if you are using audacity), would help this out.

@0:00-0:02 there are just a couple small sounds in the very beginning of the recording. Also, in the beginning of a recording, we usually aim for just 0.5 to 1 second of silence in the beginning, so, as this is just a tiny bit too long, you could trim those little sounds out and it should be right on :thumbs:

@ about 0:32 to 0:36 there is a small background sound over this area of the sentence.

@ from about 29:40 to about 32:03 there are some occasional sounds of a dog barking. My best recommendation for this, is usually if there are sounds interrupting the recording, while recording, usually pause and wait. For example, louder cars on the road across from me will get picked up on my mic, so I'll usually pause and wait. I don't think it's too distracting, but if you would be able to maybe re-do that little section that'd be fantastic! :D

@ 47:51 (the end of the recording), over the "End of Chapter 3" there are a couple more sounds. Could you maybe redo the "End of Chapter 3" please?

Again, very good reading, the narration was wonderful and overall you did a very nice job!

If you have any questions at all, or would like some help, please post here and let us know :thumbs:
Great work!
Thank you,
Elijah
MooMin08

Post by MooMin08 »

Thank you so much!

I appreciate the feedback. 🤗

I just dont know how to do the revisions by the seconds/minutes. I dont know how to pause and edit 😄

Could you please help me out and teach me how to do it, so i can make the necessary corrections.

Again, so much thanks!

Regards!
MooMin
ej400

Post by ej400 »

MooMin08 wrote: January 28th, 2024, 5:13 pm Thank you so much!

I appreciate the feedback. 🤗

I just dont know how to do the revisions by the seconds/minutes. I dont know how to pause and edit 😄

Could you please help me out and teach me how to do it, so i can make the necessary corrections.

Again, so much thanks!

Regards!
MooMin
Yes, of course!

There are some helpful videos from our beloved admin, Phil, who has made many Audacity tutorial videos. This would be my recommendation for a starter (although, it is on an older version of audacity so it may look a little bit different).
This video here is for your basic editing and should cover most of what we have here :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9NuSuWYaWg

If you need a little bit more help, here is a good wikipedia site with plenty of instructional videos https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos

Hope this helps!
Thanks
Elijah
MooMin08

Post by MooMin08 »

Thanks much, Elijah!

Will look into this and learn. ☺️

Regards,
MooMin
KayKay

Post by KayKay »

Here is Chapter 6: The Little White Cat

36:45

Thanks,

Andrea

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_06_sidney_128kb_mpd.mp3
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

KayKay wrote: January 30th, 2024, 4:16 pm Here is Chapter 6: The Little White Cat

36:45

Thanks,

Andrea

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_06_sidney_128kb_mpd.mp3
Hi Andrea,

There's two little things to fix before your reading will be ready for PL. The volume is too low at 84.3 dB. Please increase that to be within the acceptable Librivox range (between 86 and 92 dB, with 89-90 dB being the ideal). In Audacity, you can just use Effects > Loudness Normalization set to -19LUFS to bring it up to the correct range.

Once you've done that, the other fix needed is to your file name, which has a stray _mpd before the .mp3. When you export to mp3, you don't need to put the mp3 (or _mpd :D ) at the end of the file name. Just littlebrownhouse_06_sidney_128 is all that's needed. Audacity will automatically add the .mp3 at the end when exporting.

Please make those two fixes and reupload your file, and I'll hand it over to Elijah for proof listening.

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted: