[COMPLETE] Five Little Peppers in the Little Brown House by Margaret Sidney - loa

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

IonaMuirgel2002 wrote: February 20th, 2024, 7:47 am I think I am going to record that second chapter today, I hope nothing goes wrong!
-Iona
Good luck!
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
bhelensears

Post by bhelensears »

Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

bhelensears wrote: February 21st, 2024, 1:58 pm Here is Chapter 2

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_02_sidney_128kb.mp3 26m18s

Helen
Thanks! Ready for PL.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Mdoreen32

Post by Mdoreen32 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/littlebrownhouse_15_sidney_128kb.mp3 23:41
Section 15 ready for PL chapter 12.2 At the Parsonage
Doreen Marcotte
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Mdoreen32 wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 10:44 am https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/littlebrownhouse_15_sidney_128kb.mp3 23:41
Section 15 ready for PL chapter 12.2 At the Parsonage
Thanks! Ready for PL.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
ej400

Post by ej400 »

ShellyW wrote: February 11th, 2024, 1:08 pm Wow, recording a 30-minute section sure is different from the 2-minute sections I have recorded up to now! I am really enjoying it though.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_16_sidney_128kb.mp3
Excellent! Section 16 & 17 are PL OK!
ej400

Post by ej400 »

j0lly wrote: February 13th, 2024, 1:29 pm Here is chapter 5.:) Phew! That was long, my mouth is dry as a bone :lol: :lol: Time: 32min 7sec, https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_05_sidney_128kb.mp3
Great work! Section 5 is PL OK! :thumbs:
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

ej400 wrote: February 26th, 2024, 10:21 pm
j0lly wrote: February 13th, 2024, 1:29 pm Here is chapter 5.:) Phew! That was long, my mouth is dry as a bone :lol: :lol: Time: 32min 7sec, https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_05_sidney_128kb.mp3
Great work! Section 5 is PL OK! :thumbs:
:9: :9: :9: :9: Thats great! So happy:))))))))))))))))) :) :) :)
~All the best,
Joy~

I'm not just joyful, I'm jolly!<3
IonaMuirgel2002

Post by IonaMuirgel2002 »

So, I am editing my second chapter, but every time I hit the backspace to delete something that I said wrong, or whenever I hit 'cut' this thing pops up that says "Audacity failed to write to a file. Perhaps C: is not writable or the disc is full." What does that mean, and how do I fix it? :help: :help: :help:
Thanks,
-Iona
"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight."
-Phyllis Diller

"There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” – Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle 8-)
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

IonaMuirgel2002 wrote: February 27th, 2024, 12:54 pm So, I am editing my second chapter, but every time I hit the backspace to delete something that I said wrong, or whenever I hit 'cut' this thing pops up that says "Audacity failed to write to a file. Perhaps C: is not writable or the disc is full." What does that mean, and how do I fix it? :help: :help: :help:
Thanks,
-Iona
I hope for you that it's just a temporary glitch, but I had that happen once, and lost the whole recording. Try doing a "save as," and see if you can save it, if not to your C: drive, then to a flash drive. Try also changing the name and saving it under another name, then change the name back later.
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

IonaMuirgel2002 wrote: February 27th, 2024, 12:54 pm So, I am editing my second chapter, but every time I hit the backspace to delete something that I said wrong, or whenever I hit 'cut' this thing pops up that says "Audacity failed to write to a file. Perhaps C: is not writable or the disc is full." What does that mean, and how do I fix it? :help: :help: :help:
Thanks,
-Iona
Hi Iona,

do you have enoth free disc space on your drive c:? Audacity needs a lot of temp space while recording.
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
IonaMuirgel2002

I wondered if that was the problem.
-Iona
-Phyllis Diller

"There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” – Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle 8-)
IonaMuirgel2002

I deleted everything that I could, and uninstalled every application that I did not need, but that thing still keeps popping up. My storage bar says that there is 148 KB free. Why does it need storage space for me to delete something on an audio? It is not like it even ends up in the trash bucket.
-Iona
-Phyllis Diller

lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

IonaMuirgel2002 wrote: February 27th, 2024, 2:27 pm I deleted everything that I could, and uninstalled every application that I did not need, but that thing still keeps popping up. My storage bar says that there is 148 KB free. Why does it need storage space for me to delete something on an audio? It is not like it even ends up in the trash bucket.
-Iona
Audacity write all changes in a list - so you can undo things - and that needs space on your drive.
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei