[COMPLETE] Five Little Peppers in the Little Brown House by Margaret Sidney - loa

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MooMin08

Post by MooMin08 »

Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

MooMin08 wrote: February 29th, 2024, 2:57 am Thank you, Winnifred.

Please see adjusted recordings below.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_03_sidney_128kb.mp3

47:48

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_04_sidney_128kb.mp3

33:31

Regards,
MooMin
Thanks, MooMin,

Chapter 3 is ready for spot PL and Chapter 4 for regular PL!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
yolandareads

Post by yolandareads »

Hello, here's the link for Chapter 7.1
https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_7_1_sidney_128kb.mp3 (runtime 22:56)

Thanks,
Yolanda
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Regards,
MooMin
Hey there!

I took a listen to the correction spots on this recording, but I don't hear anything that changed. Did you perhaps select the incorrect file when uploading?
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

ej400 wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 2:40 pm
Great work! Section 19 is PL OK!
Thank you Elijah! :clap: :9:
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

yolandareads wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 2:39 pm Hello, here's the link for Chapter 7.1
https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_7_1_sidney_128kb.mp3 (runtime 22:56)

Thanks,
Yolanda
Hi Yolanda,

Thanks. Since you're doing three more sections after this one, I'm going to ask you to correct the file name on this one and re-upload it so you don't have to do it for the next three.

As the first post describes, the sections in this book are to be named with their section -- not chapter -- number. This chapter should be called littlebrownhouse_07_sidney_128kb (and the next one will be littlebrownhouse_08_sidney_128kb, etc.) As Chapter 7 is the first of the split chapters, all of the filenames for subsequent chapters will have different numbers than the chapters.

I know it's a bit confusing (took me forever to populate the Magic Window correctly!) but we'll make our Meta Coordinator's life much easier if we provide correct file names.

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
yolandareads

Post by yolandareads »

Copy, I've renamed and reuploaded:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_07_sidney_128kb.mp3

Winnifred wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 5:02 pm
yolandareads wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 2:39 pm Hello, here's the link for Chapter 7.1

Thanks,
Yolanda
Hi Yolanda,

Thanks. Since you're doing three more sections after this one, I'm going to ask you to correct the file name on this one and re-upload it so you don't have to do it for the next three.

As the first post describes, the sections in this book are to be named with their section -- not chapter -- number. This chapter should be called littlebrownhouse_07_sidney_128kb (and the next one will be littlebrownhouse_08_sidney_128kb, etc.) As Chapter 7 is the first of the split chapters, all of the filenames for subsequent chapters will have different numbers than the chapters.

I know it's a bit confusing (took me forever to populate the Magic Window correctly!) but we'll make our Meta Coordinator's life much easier if we provide correct file names.

Thanks,
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

yolandareads wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 6:05 pm Copy, I've renamed and reuploaded:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_07_sidney_128kb.mp3

Perfect. Thanks. Ready for PL!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
MooMin08

Post by MooMin08 »

ej400 wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 2:48 pm

Regards,
MooMin
Hey there!

I took a listen to the correction spots on this recording, but I don't hear anything that changed. Did you perhaps select the incorrect file when uploading?
will just re-record this, Elijah. Thanks!
MooMin08

Post by MooMin08 »

Winnifred wrote: February 29th, 2024, 10:23 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_04_sidney_128kb.mp3

33:31

Regards,
MooMin
Thanks, MooMin,

Chapter 3 is ready for spot PL and Chapter 4 for regular PL!

Cheers,
Hi Elijah,

Can you also please PL Chapter 4, so I can re-do both at the same time.

Thanks!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

MooMin08 wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 7:37 pm

I
Regards,
MooMin
Hey there!

Are you sure you really need to re-record it all, MooMin? Won’t that be a lot more work than editing? It’ll mean that Elijah will have to re-listen to the whole recording, and in a recording of this length, there might be new errors that will need editing, so you’re going to have to learn how to edit sooner or later. We can help you.

I know it can feel rather overwhelming when you’re first starting out, but it does get easier. And we’re all willing to answer your questions and point you towards solutions. If you’re using Audacity, below are some very specific instructions for what to do.

Looking back at the feedback, I see that there are no errors in your reading, just some noises to delete and/or record over. That really isn’t enough to require re-recording the whole chapter.

To re-record a short bit, here is what you need to do in Audacity:

listen to your recording until you hear the spot where the fix or replacement is needed. Put your cursor at the start of the section you want to replace. Then mute the track (mute button is on the left side of your screen, next to the blue waveform).

Then press Shift and the Record button at the same time, let go and start speaking. This will start a recording on a new track below your existing one. Record until you’ve finished the bit and press the Stop button. Listen to the new recording.

If you’re happy with it, select it all and press Ctrl-C (or Command-C if you’re on a Mac) to copy your new text. Mute the new track and paste your new recording over top of the original (by pressing Ctrl-P). Your old and new recordings will be roughly the same length, so you’ll be able to see how much to copy over.

When you’ve finished, put your cursor a bit earlier in your original recording, unmute it, and listen to it to see if you’re happy with it. If you are, you can delete the (now muted) new track (look for the x on the left of that track and click it to delete the new track). If you do anything you later regret, you can always undo it by pressing Ctrl-Z.

If you need it, I can provide you with some screen shots of the screens I’m talking about above to help you.

Please consider trying again to make the necessary edits. There really aren’t all that many of them, and it would be a pity to lose all the time you’ve spent on this.

All the best,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
ej400

Post by ej400 »

MooMin08 wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 7:38 pm Hi Elijah,

Can you also please PL Chapter 4, so I can re-do both at the same time.

Thanks!
Hey there!

Please don't feel discouraged at all with editing. It took me a little while to learn how, but now it's pretty easy and I even enjoy it. I agree with what Winnifred said. We should be able to work on this, and it'll take much, much less time here to edit, (and can help on other things later on down the road too)!

If I could ask, how have you been going about editing so far? If you had already made some edits, I believe perhaps the wrong file was uploaded. Perhaps it is something like where the file is being exported too?

I'll work on PLing your Chapter 4 soon, but let's take on Chapter 3 for now, and see what we can do there. I'd also prefer not to PL a full section, and if there are PL notes, have to PL another section of the same length again. What if there are different errors? We could go into a roundabout.

We are all here to help though, so please don't feel discouraged :9:

Thanks
Elijah
MooMin08

Post by MooMin08 »

Winnifred wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 8:41 pm
MooMin08 wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 7:37 pm

Hey there!

Are you sure you really need to re-record it all, MooMin? Won’t that be a lot more work than editing? It’ll mean that Elijah will have to re-listen to the whole recording, and in a recording of this length, there might be new errors that will need editing, so you’re going to have to learn how to edit sooner or later. We can help you.

I know it can feel rather overwhelming when you’re first starting out, but it does get easier. And we’re all willing to answer your questions and point you towards solutions. If you’re using Audacity, below are some very specific instructions for what to do.

Looking back at the feedback, I see that there are no errors in your reading, just some noises to delete and/or record over. That really isn’t enough to require re-recording the whole chapter.

To re-record a short bit, here is what you need to do in Audacity:

listen to your recording until you hear the spot where the fix or replacement is needed. Put your cursor at the start of the section you want to replace. Then mute the track (mute button is on the left side of your screen, next to the blue waveform).

Then press Shift and the Record button at the same time, let go and start speaking. This will start a recording on a new track below your existing one. Record until you’ve finished the bit and press the Stop button. Listen to the new recording.

If you’re happy with it, select it all and press Ctrl-C (or Command-C if you’re on a Mac) to copy your new text. Mute the new track and paste your new recording over top of the original (by pressing Ctrl-P). Your old and new recordings will be roughly the same length, so you’ll be able to see how much to copy over.

When you’ve finished, put your cursor a bit earlier in your original recording, unmute it, and listen to it to see if you’re happy with it. If you are, you can delete the (now muted) new track (look for the x on the left of that track and click it to delete the new track). If you do anything you later regret, you can always undo it by pressing Ctrl-Z.

If you need it, I can provide you with some screen shots of the screens I’m talking about above to help you.

Please consider trying again to make the necessary edits. There really aren’t all that many of them, and it would be a pity to lose all the time you’ve spent on this.

All the best,
Thank you so much, Winnifred. I appreciate the kind gesture and the effort to help me out.

Yes, pardon my ignorance as I am new to voice recording and in navigating Audacity. A screenshot, as you suggested will be a BIG HELP, really.

It has been my longtime dream to do voice recording. And I am hoping to achieve it through this platform.

Much Thanks!
MooMin :)