[COMPLETE] The World that Never Was, by Arthur St. John Adcock - brrot

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
vviera

Post by vviera »

ej400 wrote: March 11th, 2024, 2:13 am Here is Chapter 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/worldthatneverwas_02_adcock_128kb.mp3 -12:01

Thank you!
Thank you, Elijah. This is in the MW for PL.
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

ej400 wrote: March 11th, 2024, 2:13 am Here is Chapter 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/worldthatneverwas_02_adcock_128kb.mp3 -12:01

Thank you!
Thanks, Elijah. Just one PL change to consider; At 3:54, I hear “...it’s all exactly like it is in the daydream, only it’s dark.” But the text reads “..it’s all exactly like it is in the daytime, only it’s dark.” I think that’s a bit of a change to the meaning so needs correcting.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Winnifred wrote: March 11th, 2024, 4:04 pm Thanks, Elijah. Just one PL change to consider; At 3:54, I hear “...it’s all exactly like it is in the daydream, only it’s dark.” But the text reads “..it’s all exactly like it is in the daytime, only it’s dark.” I think that’s a bit of a change to the meaning so needs correcting.

Cheers,
Here is the correction:

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/worldthatneverwas_02_adcock_128kb.mp3 -12:02

Thanks! :thumbs:
vviera

Post by vviera »

ej400 wrote: March 16th, 2024, 7:52 am
Winnifred wrote: March 11th, 2024, 4:04 pm Thanks, Elijah. Just one PL change to consider; At 3:54, I hear “...it’s all exactly like it is in the daydream, only it’s dark.” But the text reads “..it’s all exactly like it is in the daytime, only it’s dark.” I think that’s a bit of a change to the meaning so needs correcting.

Cheers,
Here is the correction:

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/worldthatneverwas_02_adcock_128kb.mp3 -12:02

Thanks! Marked for Spot PL.

Cheers, VERLA
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

ej400 wrote: March 16th, 2024, 7:52 am

Cheers,
Here is the correction:

Spot PL OK!

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
lauraallenby

Post by lauraallenby »

Hi there,

I'm so sorry I've been having some life difficulties and some technical difficulties too. Can I please pass on chapter 6 & 7 o someone else for now as I don't want to hold up your project any longer!

Hope to be back recording again soon and good luck finishing up this one. I look forward to listening.

Laura Allenby
vviera

Post by vviera »

Thank you, in MW for PL.

Just FYI, I will be opening up the others you've claimed, as they expire this Wed. and Thurs. You can claim them one at a time if you still want to do them and they are still open.

Cheers, VERLA
vviera

Post by vviera »

lauraallenby wrote: March 25th, 2024, 2:37 am Hi there,

I'm so sorry I've been having some life difficulties and some technical difficulties too. Can I please pass on chapter 6 & 7 o someone else for now as I don't want to hold up your project any longer!

Hope to be back recording again soon and good luck finishing up this one. I look forward to listening.

Laura Allenby
No problem, and thanks for letting us know. Hope things get better soon.

Cheers, VERLA
vviera

Post by vviera »

brownrottger wrote: January 14th, 2024, 7:06 am All set. As soon as the MW is completed, I will move us to Readers Wanted.
Have a great day!
Hi Christine - Please move this back to Readers Wanted. More sections expire this week, so please leave it there until you hear from me that we're all "Found."
Thanks!

Cheers, VERLA
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Done.
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Thanks, Elijah.

A few fixes needed (all the same fix, actually). One of the main characters, introduced in Chapter 4, is "P.C. 1 1/2" (Police Constable One and a Half). You've read his name, which appears as just "1 1/2" throughout the rest of the book, as "It." Unfortunately, it appears multiple times in this chapter, so you're going to have to fix all of them, or your listeners will be very confused.

The first time is at 0:30: “Just as Olive raised her eyes, after reading out the answer, she saw [it] dart suddenly from beside the snuff-box…” That [it] should be read as “1 1/2” (One and a Half). It happens again at 1:14, 1:41, 2:25, 3:48, 4:00, and 4:12.

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
vviera

Post by vviera »

Thank you, in the MW for PL.

Cheers, VERLA