OPEN [DR] Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms by Harriet Lummis Smith - rap

Plays and other dramatic works
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Stunning wrote: January 25th, 2024, 10:16 pm I'll claim Mrs. Bacon
It is good to meet you, Stunning! You are welcome to Mrs. Bacon.
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Jim in Ohio

Why are more astronauts from Ohio than any other state? Because it’s so bad that they want to leave earth entirely!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

llamaart wrote: January 21st, 2024, 2:54 pm Here is Judith chapter 5.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/pollyannaoftheorangeblossoms_judiththayler_05.mp3 6:48

Best wishes, Allie
Hi Allie, Just in case you didn't subscribe or book mark this project( I too frequently forget to myself)
Judith Thayer Chapter 5 Awesome voice acting! You have the air of condescension spot on! Since it is Word Perfect PL, I have these notes:
0:02 should be "Judith Thayer" I heard "Judith Thayler"

1:06 should be "I'm Mrs. Russell Thayer"; I heard "I'm Miss Russell Thayler"

1:43 delete word not in text "by" should be "What time shall I come?" I heard "What time shall I come by?"

2:29 should be ""Says he gets tired of so much of the same thing." I heard "Says he gets tired of too much of the same thing."

2:54 should be " “I suppose it depends on what you’ve been used to." I heard “I suppose it depends on what you're used to."

2:56 should be "Perhaps you came from a small town" I heard "Perhaps you come from a small town"

3:18 should be "And, while it hasn’t " I heard "And, while it hadn’t"

3:25 should be "it's a real city" I heard "It was a real city"

3:32 should be "there’s nothing here that’s what you’d call a novelty to me.”
I heard "there’s nothing here what you’d call a novelty to me.”

3:40 should be "You have to get those cakes at a confectioner’s, don’t you?”
I heard "You have to get these cakes at a confectioner’s, don’t you?”

4:51 should be "who could amuse herself " I heard "who's used to amuse herself"

4:57 should be "or feeding the elephants" I heard "or feeding elephants"

5:02 should be "excitements of city life" I heard "excitements of a city life"

5:06 should be "Didn't you feel like slapping me?" I heard "Don't you feel like slapping me?"

5:42 should be "But it seems as if you got more fun" I heard "But it seems as if you've got more fun"

5:51 should be "Mrs. Pendleton" I heard " Miss Pendleton"
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Mr. Moore Chapter 16
2:19 missing word "Yes" should be "Yes, I'm her father"

3:58 should be "and she wouldn't go home." I heard "and she couldn't go home."

4:04 missing word "and" should be "I didn’t hear the telephone, of course, and I didn’t hear her go"
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Mr. Moore Chapter 20 is PL ok.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

John Pendleton Chapters 2, 21 and 23 are all PL ok.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

brownrottger wrote: January 26th, 2024, 11:53 am Mr. Moore Chapter 16
2:19 missing word "Yes" should be "Yes, I'm her father"

3:58 should be "and she wouldn't go home." I heard "and she couldn't go home."

4:04 missing word "and" should be "I didn’t hear the telephone, of course, and I didn’t hear her go"
Here is the corrected file. I thought these were minor, especially the omission of "and."

I d now see that there is a note the the proof listening will be "word perfect." It is kind of buried, so I think a more noticeable alert to readers would be a big help. I have done a lot of DRs and plays and this is the first time I have ever seen one asking for word perfect reading. But, not big deal. You've got it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/pollyannaoftheorangeblossoms_mrmoore_16.mp3

Thanks for your WP PL, Christine!

~ Larry
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

silverquill wrote: January 26th, 2024, 2:31 pm Here is the corrected file. I thought these were minor, especially the omission of "and."

I d now see that there is a note the the proof listening will be "word perfect." It is kind of buried, so I think a more noticeable alert to readers would be a big help. I have done a lot of DRs and plays and this is the first time I have ever seen one asking for word perfect reading. But, not big deal. You've got it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/pollyannaoftheorangeblossoms_mrmoore_16.mp3

Thanks for your WP PL, Christine!
Thank you for helping us out with this project, Larry! I particularly appreciate your willingness to submit these changes, especially considering that it was not initially obvious that the prooflistening in this project is word perfect. I have taken you up on your suggestion of making the alert more noticeable on the first post. Thanks again for contributing your vocal skills to this DR!
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Mr. Moore Chapter 16 is PL ok. Thanks Larry!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Narrator Chapter 3
0:21 missing word "the"; should be "those meccas of the summer pleasure-seekers "

4:20 should be "the girl, on whose motherliness Pollyanna had just commented"; I heard "the girl, on whose motherlessness Pollyanna had just commented"

6:44 should be "explained this astonishing child,"; I heard "explained the astonishing child,"

15:08 should be "Would that mother never come!; I heard "Would that his mother never come!"

16:40 should be "and pounced upon a small boy,"; I heard "and pounced upon the small boy,"
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

~Norah Leigh ~
"If God took the trouble to tell us 800 times to be glad and rejoice, He must want us to do it!" Pollyanna
[DR, Children]The Box-Car Children (Only 4 tiny roles open!)
[Group, History]In the Days of Queen Elizabeth (Full)
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

brownrottger wrote: January 27th, 2024, 6:10 pm Narrator Chapter 3
0:21 missing word "the"; should be "those meccas of the summer pleasure-seekers "

4:20 should be "the girl, on whose motherliness Pollyanna had just commented"; I heard "the girl, on whose motherlessness Pollyanna had just commented"

6:44 should be "explained this astonishing child,"; I heard "explained the astonishing child,"

15:08 should be "Would that mother never come!; I heard "Would that his mother never come!"

16:40 should be "and pounced upon a small boy,"; I heard "and pounced upon the small boy,"
Good Job! I am always amazed that you can hear errors when I have listened repeatedly to a file. It is probably just my brain hearing (or seeing) what it expects.

Corrections: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/pollyannaoftheorangeblossoms_narrator_03.mp3 [20:16]
Jim in Ohio

Why are more astronauts from Ohio than any other state? Because it’s so bad that they want to leave earth entirely!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Narrator Chapter 3 is PL ok. Sorry for the error in my first time stamp.
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

brownrottger wrote: January 28th, 2024, 1:24 pm Narrator Chapter 3 is PL ok. Sorry for the error in my first time stamp.
Not a problem :)

Editing four today
Jim in Ohio

brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Milly Snow Chapter 22 is PL ok.