[PROVERBS/BIBLE] Laws from Heaven for Life on Earth, by William Arnot - loa

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
BookWorm30

Post by BookWorm30 »

Hi Arlene,
Sorry for the long delay in response from me. Got caught up in crisis of broken Yeti mic and scam on the same day!!
Hoping and praying for a replacement mic soon.

In the meantime I've edited Section 38 and uploaded, 13:32

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/lawsfromheaven038_arnot_128kbp.mp3

Caren
JuanitaCunningham

Post by JuanitaCunningham »

Hi,

I would like to request to read Sections 18 and 19, please.

Juanita Cunningham

Those are the ones I requested, but the ones with my name are actually 17 & 18 by the chapters on the book. Does that matter? I probably messed it up.

Please let me know when I am in error, I prefer to fix things whilst they are still small.

Thanks,
Juanita
Last edited by JuanitaCunningham on April 2nd, 2024, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juanita Cunningham
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

JuanitaCunningham wrote: March 25th, 2024, 11:44 am Hi,

Juanita Cunningham
Welcome to Librivox (again), Juanita!
It would be great to have you record sections 18-19 for this project (Proverbs). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

Your claim is confirmed - you have one month to submit sections 18-19. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!

Some common questions that new readers ask:
  • Footnotes: They are optional. You can read all, some or none. An easy way to mark them is to say 'footnote' then read the footnote then say 'end footnote'.
  • Quotes: You can mark these by saying 'quote' then reading the quote and then saying 'end quote'. You can decide whether to say quote at all - sometimes it will be clear from context. I'd suggest saying it if the quotation spans multiple sentences.
  • Non-English phrases: We do have to read them. You could 1) pronounce it however you want 2) post in this thread and ask for someone to record it for you so you can either mimic it or splice it into your own recording 3) try Forvo for individual words or the sound icon on Google Translate for a text to speech version to copy.
  • Roman numerals: Read these as their corresponding number.
  • Abbreviations: You can choose to expand these or not to. You could say 'e.g' or 'for example'.
  • Heading numbering: Sometimes books use roman numerals and digits for two different levels of headings. I think a good solution to this is to say 'first, second' etc. for roman numeral headings (I, II etc.) and 'one, two' etc. for digit headings (1, 2 etc.).
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28
Kamara

Post by Kamara »

Hi BC.
It appears I shall not be able to finish my chapter in time. I caught a terrible cold before finishing the job. Kindly re-assign it. Once I get better, I shall be back here to do that chapter if no one else shall take it, or another. It is such an amazing book.

Sorry for the inconvinience this may have caused.
Thank you.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Kamara wrote: March 26th, 2024, 9:35 am Hi BC.
It appears I shall not be able to finish my chapter in time. I caught a terrible cold before finishing the job. Kindly re-assign it. Once I get better, I shall be back here to do that chapter if no one else shall take it, or another. It is such an amazing book.

Sorry for the inconvinience this may have caused.
Thank you.
I've added a 1 month extension for you!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
JuanitaCunningham

Here is the recording:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/lawsfromheaven_17_arnot_128kb.mp3

Let me know what else I need to do. And thank you for holding my hand as this is "officially" the first one!

Juanita

InTheDesert wrote: March 25th, 2024, 7:49 pm
JuanitaCunningham wrote: March 25th, 2024, 11:44 am Hi,

Juanita Cunningham
Welcome to Librivox (again), Juanita!
It would be great to have you record sections 18-19 for this project (Proverbs). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

Your claim is confirmed - you have one month to submit sections 18-19. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!

Some common questions that new readers ask:
  • Footnotes: They are optional. You can read all, some or none. An easy way to mark them is to say 'footnote' then read the footnote then say 'end footnote'.
  • Quotes: You can mark these by saying 'quote' then reading the quote and then saying 'end quote'. You can decide whether to say quote at all - sometimes it will be clear from context. I'd suggest saying it if the quotation spans multiple sentences.
  • Non-English phrases: We do have to read them. You could 1) pronounce it however you want 2) post in this thread and ask for someone to record it for you so you can either mimic it or splice it into your own recording 3) try Forvo for individual words or the sound icon on Google Translate for a text to speech version to copy.
  • Roman numerals: Read these as their corresponding number.
  • Abbreviations: You can choose to expand these or not to. You could say 'e.g' or 'for example'.
  • Heading numbering: Sometimes books use roman numerals and digits for two different levels of headings. I think a good solution to this is to say 'first, second' etc. for roman numeral headings (I, II etc.) and 'one, two' etc. for digit headings (1, 2 etc.).
Juanita Cunningham
Areduto

Post by Areduto »

PL Notes as of 3/30/24:

Section 31 PL OK
Section 38 PL OK
Section 32 Did not say “Proverbs 6” verses 16 thru 19.

Section 33 Did not say “Proverbs 6” verses 20 thru 24.
Section 42 PL OK
Section 45 PL OK
Arlene Mae
AnneGowan

Post by AnneGowan »

May I do section 89?
AnneGowan

Post by AnneGowan »

The text link is incorrect, section 89 start on page 338 not 333, right?
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

AnneGowan wrote: March 31st, 2024, 4:59 am May I do section 89?
Done! And 338 is correct.
JuanitaCunningham

2nd assigned chapter:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/lawsfromheaven_18_arnot_128kb.mp3

Thank you,

Juanita Cunningham
Juanita Cunningham
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

JuanitaCunningham wrote: April 1st, 2024, 7:09 pm 2nd assigned chapter:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/lawsfromheaven_18_arnot_128kb.mp3

Thank you,

Juanita Cunningham
This section hasn't been proof-listened yet but here are the technical notes for it. Could you resolve them and then re-upload the file before it gets PLed?
  • The volume of this track is 85.4dB. LV requires the overall volume for the track (measured by ReplayGain - you can try this tool if you want to check the volume) to be between 86-92dB (with 89dB being the ideal). The easiest way to fix this automatically is to use the 'Loudness Normalization' effect (set to -19LUFS in 'perceived loudness' mode) in recent versions of Audacity before exporting the track as an MP3. If you use RMS normalization, set it to -21dB. Another way to fix it would be to use the Amplify effect set to 4dB.
  • We need 0.75 seconds of silence at the start of each Librivox track and 5 seconds at the end (or as close as you can make it). I'm hearing about 0.54 at the start and about 1 at the end.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Sections 50-51 are once again available for claims.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

This section hasn't been proof-listened yet but here are the technical notes for it. Could you resolve them and then re-upload the file before it gets PLed?
  • We need 0.75 seconds of silence at the start of each Librivox track and 5 seconds at the end (or as close as you can make it). Currently, it's about 1 at the start and about 11 at the end.