[PROVERBS/BIBLE] Laws from Heaven for Life on Earth, by William Arnot - loa

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
RLindsey

Post by RLindsey »

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Sections 53-54, 84 are once again available for claims.
Godzilla

Post by Godzilla »

Hello,

I'd like to return Section 52 please. I'm not going to be able to do it.

Thanks!
GLORIA
aka Godzilla

"Oh no! There goes Tokyo! Go, go Godzilla!" -- Blue Oyster Cult
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 52 is once again available to be claimed.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

This section hasn't been proof-listened yet but here are the technical notes. Could you resolve the technical issues and then re-upload the file before prooflistening?
  • We need 5 seconds of silence at the end of each Librivox track (or as close as you can make it). Currently, it's about 7 at the end.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 34 PL Notes:
  • 00:00 There was some hiss on the recording. It might be the result of a low input volume from the microphone which you have subsequently amplified to hit the Librivox volume range, in which case you might want to look into increasing the source volume (moving closer to the microphone or making sure the microphone is at full volume). Another solution you can apply is noise reduction. This will reduce the hiss after recording but it does degrade the quality of the audio. Be gentle on the amount (I'd say a maximum of 6dB reduction but less is better) - many people overdo it. Another option is a noise gate.

I couldn't figure out why the number was wrong in the MW until I figured out that the sections must have been dragged and re-arranged. So it should all be right now.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 62 PL Notes:
  • 05:16 Volume drop. Did you apply a compressor here before you edited out a click?
  • 00:00 Note (no change needed): Watch the filename. It should be lawsfromheaven_062_arnot_128kb.mp3 instead of lawsfromheaven_62_arnot_128kb.mp3.
RLindsey

Post by RLindsey »

RLindsey

Post by RLindsey »

Hi,

I corrected the 5 seconds at the end, sorry about that! Here is the corrected version of section 51. Thanks

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/lawsfromheaven_051_arnot_128kb.mp3

Rebecca
AnneGowan

Post by AnneGowan »

Kamara

Post by Kamara »

InTheDesert wrote: April 29th, 2024, 8:12 am These sections haven't been proof-listened yet but here are the technical notes. Could you resolve the technical issues and then re-upload the file before prooflistening?
  • We need 0.75 seconds of silence at the start of each Librivox track and 5 seconds at the end (or as close as you can make it). Currently, it's about 0.6 at the start and about 0 at the end.
  • We need 0.75 seconds of silence at the start of each Librivox track and 5 seconds at the end (or as close as you can make it). Currently, it's about 1.4 at the start and about 0 at the end.

Hello. My apologies. Here is the edited version.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/lawsfromheaven_064_arnot_128kb.mp3
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

This section hasn't been proof-listened yet but here are the technical notes. Could you resolve the technical issues and then re-upload the file before prooflistening?
  • The volume of this track is 85.63dB. LV requires the overall volume for the track (measured by ReplayGain - you can try this tool if you want to check the volume) to be between 86-92dB (with 89dB being the ideal). The easiest way to fix this automatically is to use the 'Loudness Normalization' effect (set to -19LUFS in 'perceived loudness' mode) in recent versions of Audacity before exporting the track as an MP3. If you use RMS normalization, set it to -21dB. Another way to fix it would be to use the Amplify effect set to 3dB.
  • We need 5 seconds of silence at the end of each Librivox track (or as close as you can make it). Currently, it's about 165 at the end.
Areduto

Post by Areduto »

Proof listening as of May 17.

SECTION 50 PL OK
SECTION 51 Proverbs 11, not 6
Section 89 PL OK
Arlene Mae