[COMPLETE] Sadhana, The Realisation of Life by Rabindranath Tagore - brrot

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

brownrottger wrote: February 5th, 2024, 5:31 pm Chapter 4, just one tiny edit:
33:03 missing word "soil"; should be "then it would gradually soil and bury truth with its dust"

Goodness! I could read this book over and over again. It is so deep!
the needful has been done..

just 1 query- Am I barred from adding background music to the recording? for example- https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/sadhanarealisationoflife_00_tagore_128kb.mp3

or check chapter 4.

Regards,
SP
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

I will check on that and get back to you.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Snehpreeyanka wrote: February 27th, 2024, 11:51 pm
brownrottger wrote: February 5th, 2024, 5:31 pm Chapter 4, just one tiny edit:
33:03 missing word "soil"; should be "then it would gradually soil and bury truth with its dust"

Goodness! I could read this book over and over again. It is so deep!
the needful has been done..

just 1 query- Am I barred from adding background music to the recording? for example- https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/sadhanarealisationoflife_00_tagore_128kb.mp3

or check chapter 4.

Regards,
SP
Hi SP, Sorry, there is a Librivox policy on this. No sound effects or music may be added. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Music_%26_Sound_Effects_Rules
Please go back and upload your original recordings on the sections you have changed. Then mark those sections Ready for Spot PL.
Thanks!
Christine
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

Alright, I've uploaded section 4 again, and also section 5 & 7. Marked all as 'ready for spot PL'. You can now proceed.

Also 1 request, the book has 8 chapters + 1 preface which makes it to consist total 9 sections. but since you'd asked to call the author's preface as section 00, please delete the last row in the section compiler.
Last edited by Snehpreeyanka on February 28th, 2024, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Snehpreeyanka wrote: February 28th, 2024, 9:46 am Alright, I've uploaded section 4 again, and also section 5. Marked both as ready for spot PL. You can now proceed.

Also 1 request, the book has 8 chapters + 1 preface which makes it to consist total 9 sections. but since you'd asked to call the author's preface as section 00, please delete the last row in the section compiler.
Ok. Will PL today.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 0: Please remove the background music.
Sections 4 and 5 are PL ok.

Thanks!
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

i hv lost the original file and now I am doomed.
been trying to extract the music track from the recording, but nothing is helping.
creo que I 'll hv to record it again.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Snehpreeyanka wrote: February 28th, 2024, 4:28 pm i hv lost the original file and now I am doomed.
been trying to extract the music track from the recording, but nothing is helping.
Let me see if I can find it in my MC folder.
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

brownrottger wrote: February 28th, 2024, 5:01 pm
Snehpreeyanka wrote: February 28th, 2024, 4:28 pm i hv lost the original file and now I am doomed.
Let me see if I can find it in my MC folder.
yes, please.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

brownrottger wrote: December 21st, 2023, 12:45 pm Section 00: Excellent reading. I can tell already that I am going to learn alot, that I can use in my life, from listening to this book!
The file name is incorrect. Take out the word "the" in the filename.
Reduce beginning silence to between .5-1 second
Make sure ending silence is 5 seconds.
Hi, I just have the original unedited version which I uploaded to the project. You just need to download the link in the MW, import it into Audacity, make the above edits and reupload to the project.
Best,
Christine
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

The last section has also been readied for you to PL. This brings me to the end of this project. I enjoyed this thing thoroughly. Got to learn audio recording hacks for the very first time, grateful!
Once you're done, Please guide me through the further formalities.
Also, I'd like my blog page to be linked to my LV account. I had already shared the link at the start of this project but it wasn't integrated when my Magic window got created. Please do the needful.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Snehpreeyanka wrote: February 29th, 2024, 1:53 pm The last section has also been readied for you to PL. This brings me to the end of this project. I enjoyed this thing thoroughly. Got to learn audio recording hacks for the very first time, grateful!
Also, I'd like my blog page to be linked to my LV account. I had already shared the link at the start of this project but it wasn't integrated when my Magic window got created. Please do the needful.
Please give me the link to your website again. Stay tuned for your PL report on these final sections. I also restored your other project Nationalism to the Project Launch Pad.
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

brownrottger wrote: February 29th, 2024, 2:42 pm
Snehpreeyanka wrote: February 29th, 2024, 1:53 pm The last section has also been readied for you to PL. This brings me to the end of this project. I enjoyed this thing thoroughly. Got to learn audio recording hacks for the very first time, grateful!
Please give me the link to your website again. Stay tuned for your PL report on these final sections. I also restored your other project Nationalism to the Project Launch Pad.
1) Link to the website- https://snehpreeyanka.blogspot.com/
2) Of course, Sure, that. Not to mention.
3) Yeah, Thanks a lot. I'm glad you remember. That's very sweet of you. But I have a very important examination at the end of May. I am, right now, busy preparing for the same. So, I won't be able to deliver it as per the deadline finalized by me while proposing this project. I'll need to extend it for a further date. I am willing to take it up from 1st June.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Snehpreeyanka wrote: February 29th, 2024, 4:25 pm
brownrottger wrote: February 29th, 2024, 2:42 pm
1) Link to the website- https://snehpreeyanka.blogspot.com/
2) Of course, Sure, that. Not to mention.
3) Yeah, Thanks a lot. I'm glad you remember. That's very sweet of you. But I have a very important examination at the end of May. I am, right now, busy preparing for the same. So, I won't be able to deliver it as per the deadline finalized by me while proposing this project. I'll need to extend it for a further date. I am willing to take it up from 1st June.
1) Your website has been added to your Reader Page. Private message me if there is any difficulty with that.
2) All sections are now PL ok. I will proceed to validation and cataloguing. Nothing more for you to do. When that is done I will post here a link to the Librivox location for your audiobook.
3) I am going to move your Nationalism book project back to "On Hold" subforum of Launch Pad. Please private message me when you are ready to start recording that and I will move it back. One thing going forward, I encourage you to find a place and time, if possible, that is more quiet for recording. There was quite a bit of dog barking in background. It didn't prevent me from hearing this wonderful recording clearly but it would be optimal not to have that.
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

1) no problem, thanks
2) ok, thanks. You, being there to help with a solo project at my very first encounter on the forum, really helped. Grateful for your offering to PL.
3) ok, see you around for Nationalism.
I know, I too was irritated, but couldn't help. Here, it's too noisy all day long. I, therefore chose nights for my recordings but the stray dogs wouldn't go to sleep... I'll try to figure out something the next time.