[COMPLETE] Sadhana, The Realisation of Life by Rabindranath Tagore - brrot

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

This project is complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/sadhana-the-realisation-of-life-version-3-by-rabindranath-tagore/

Sadhana, The Realisation of Life by Rabindranath Tagore (1861 - 1941)
"Sadhana: The Realization of Life" by Rabindranath Tagore is a profound exploration of spirituality, blending Eastern philosophy with Western ideals. Through essays that delve into the essence of existence, Tagore explores the interconnectedness of humanity, nature, and the divine, offering timeless insights into the pursuit of a fulfilling life. (Summary by )
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/sadhanarealisati00tago/mode/1up

Target completion date: 2024-03-31

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion/Other religions; *Non-fiction/Essays & Short Works; *Non-fiction/Philosophy/Ancient

Keywords that describe the book: philosophy, religion, essays, hinduism, spirituality

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Sadhana, The Realisation of Life. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Sadhana, The Realisation of Life, by Rabindranath Tagore. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Sadhana, The Realisation of Life, by Rabindranath Tagore. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Sadhana, The Realisation of Life, by Rabindranath Tagore."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: sadhanarealisationoflife_##_tagore_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. sadhanarealisationoflife_01_tagore_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: brownrottger

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hello, I see this is your first foray into Librivox recording. You are so very welcome. As a soloist you are expected to be your own Book Coordinator and manage your own project. This is a more complex undertaking than just recording, editing and submitting. It is suggested that you record etc. one or two sections in an ongoing project to get used to the process. That being said, I would love to MC and DPL this project. Let me know your thoughts on this.
Christine
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

Hello Christine,
I'm excited about this journey. I'd be honored if you could join as my MC and DPL for this solo project. But since I am a newbie to this forum, You'll need to please guide me through the process. Your guidance and support would be incredibly valuable as I navigate this new experience.

Thanks.
SP
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

First of all, there is an author's preface which would be a Section 00. I assume you will be reading that? Please confirm. Also, I corrected the text reference to be the beginning of the book and not page 62. Thirdly, I need to know what you would like your catalogue name to be. It can be anything.
Best,
Christine
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

1) yes, of course preface would be read.
2) the instructions suggested that I needed to post the link of the details of the book. So I paid the least attention to the preview in the process, and never knew that it went to pg. 62. My bad! And thanks for the correction. Henceforth, I know what 'not' to do😊 thank you.
3) catalogue name is usually the book name, right? If so, let's call it- Sadhana by Rabindranath Tagore, read by Snehpreeyanka Sharma. If not, please suggest.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'm puzzled - you seem to have set up 2 Solo threads so something needs sorting out somewhere ? Anne
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

No no, that's perfectly sorted. I am willing to take up these 2 projects- nationalism and sadhana.

Now that Cristine/ brownrottger has come along, I would start recording sadhana right away. This wud give me a fair idea of how librivox works.

In a week or so, when nationalism finds my claim or some1 gives me a go-ahead, I can proceed with nationalism.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Snehpreeyanka wrote: December 19th, 2023, 1:12 am 1) yes, of course preface would be read.
2) the instructions suggested that I needed to post the link of the details of the book. So I paid the least attention to the preview in the process, and never knew that it went to pg. 62. My bad! And thanks for the correction. Henceforth, I know what 'not' to do😊 thank you.
3) catalogue name is usually the book name, right? If so, let's call it- Sadhana by Rabindranath Tagore, read by Snehpreeyanka Sharma. If not, please suggest.
Great! The catalogue name is to set up your reader page. It is how people can find what you have recorded in the catalogue. It can just be your handle or your full name or something else. This needs to be set up before you can be added as a reader here.
For future reference, when you set up a project in launch pad, check to see if there is a preface or introduction. I changed your answers to that question in the first post.
While waiting for your answer about the catalogue name I will get your Magic Window (MW). You can, if you have not already review the Librivox wikis about the procedures for BCs and tips. There is a link to the Librivox wiki above in the tools under "Librivox Forum".
Best,
Christine
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

Thank you for the guidance, Christine!
I've familiarized myself with the roles of MCs from the forum and am glad to note that you'll be my manager wrt the recording of this particular book Sadhana. Welcome aboard! :)

I'll make sure to check for the preface or introduction in future projects. I appreciate you adjusting the answers accordingly.

Thanks for helping with the Magic Window (MW) as well! I'd like my catalogue name to be "SNEHPREEYANKA" Also, just to update you, I've completed recording the author's preface and have passed it through the Checker tool.

Looking forward to your guidance on uploading the recording to my MW. Thank you for your assistance!

Regards,
SP
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Ok. You are the BC. I am the MC. The instructions you should review are as to the BC. You now have access to the MW.

Detailed Instructions for accessing the Magic Window can be found in the document linked here:
Instructions for BCs and DPLs .

After you complete the First Time Log In contained in those instructions, edit the MW to put Chapter numbers and Titles in the Section Title field.

When you upload a chapter, put the file duration (mm:ss) in the Notes field and the uploaded URL into the Listen URL field, and mark it from Assigned to Ready for PL.

After you do all this post here and then I will PL your Section 00. Yay! Looking forward to it.
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

Yeah, I can see the MW in this thread. Thanks.

Sorry, but I don't see any document or a link to the instructions. Would you plz re-send it?
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Here, in particular, are the instructions for solo readers setting up the MW for the first time:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window#Accessing_the_System_%E2%80%93_First_Time_Login
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

I've successfully logged in and am on the librivox management dashboard. However, I'm unable to open the section compiler, please help.

Also posting the link of section 00- author's preface in this thread.
https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/sadhanatherealisationoflife_00_tagore_128kb.mp3

Please help me understand the process so that I can upload section 01 as well. It's also almost ready!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Snehpreeyanka wrote: December 20th, 2023, 11:38 am I've successfully logged in and am on the librivox management dashboard. However, I'm unable to open the section compiler, please help.

Also posting the link of section 00- author's preface in this thread.
https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/sadhanatherealisationoflife_00_tagore_128kb.mp3

Please help me understand the process so that I can upload section 01 as well. It's also almost ready!
Did you click the BC Admin link at the bottom of the MW? As soon as you enter the info in the MW, I can PL the section. Let me know how you fair.
Edit: Of course you clicked on the BC Admin link. That was my problem that you did not get in. Try it again. It should work now.
Snehpreeyanka

Post by Snehpreeyanka »

Hi Christine.

That's so nice of you to ask. I m glad to have you as my MC.

But, in a word- No!

Buddhism isn't the theme emphasized though reference to the Buddha has been given at a place or two. That's all. One, since Tagore was himself a Hindu, he tended to refer to mostly Hindu texts. But since he was an intellectual, he tended to know abt other religions like Buddhism too and hence to strengthen his ideal claim, he did point to Buddhist ideas. Two, the Vedas have been extensively referred to in his book Sadhana, which are ancient Indian scriptures belonging to the Sanatan religion (most commonly known as Hinduism) which is far from being Buddhist.

Thanks.
SP