[SOLO]The Girl's Book of Famous Queens by Lydia Hoyt Farmer - kit

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Cbteddy wrote: December 10th, 2023, 7:31 pmI'm on chapter 3, Cleopatra, and it's about 66 pages long. If I feel the need to break it up into two chapters, can I easily do that? Do I just click and drag one of the empty lines and then name it? Will the MW renumber automatically?
Hi Claire

well, Elijah has already extensively replied to you, so I can only confirm what he said. That is the main reason why I suggested you say "section" instead of "chapter" in your intro/outro.

I would suggest though: record the entire chapter in ONE section and edit and then see how long the final file is. If it is under 74 minutes, it will fit into one section and you don't have to do anything. If it is longer, you could find a natural break in the flow of the story, preferably around the middle, but doesn't have to be exactly half, and cut there. Then you only have to re-record a new intro/outro for both sections.

And then you can insert a new section in the MW if needed. Elijah explained the process in his post.

Sonia
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Awesome, thank you both so much for the explanations! Makes total sense, and I'll definitely record the whole chapter first to verify the entire timing.

How dare Sonia be asleep when there are non-pressing questions to be answered! I can't believe the entire world doesn't revolve around US Eastern time zone!!

By the way, I'm totally kidding! I know we're all volunteers in different time zones, and don't expect answers back immediately :)

Have a nice day all!
Cheers,
Claire

~~Books are like people, but usually more interesting~~
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers by Lydia Hoyt Farmer
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Cbteddy wrote: December 11th, 2023, 5:47 amHow dare Sonia be asleep when there are non-pressing questions to be answered! I can't believe the entire world doesn't revolve around US Eastern time zone!!
:lol: your question came in at half past 3 in the morning here... I was definitely in snooze-land by that time. (though I am a night-owl, but it's a working day, so better get some sleep in.)

Sonia
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Hi! Sections and 3 and 4 have been added to the MW. I broke chapter 3 into two sections since it was so long of a chapter. I mean, I knew Cleopatra had issues, but WOW!
Cheers,
Claire

~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Cbteddy wrote: December 6th, 2023, 6:21 pm Hi Elijah! Chapter one is ready for PL whenever you have time (no rush!). It looks like I was able to save everything in the MW properly, but just in case, the link is below :)

14:46
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/girlsbookoffamousqueens_01_hoytfarmer_128kb.mp3
Great work! Chapter 1 is PL OK! :clap:

I'll attend to the others at the start of the week :D
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

ej400 wrote: December 16th, 2023, 4:27 pm
Cbteddy wrote: December 6th, 2023, 6:21 pm Hi Elijah! Chapter one is ready for PL whenever you have time (no rush!). It looks like I was able to save everything in the MW properly, but just in case, the link is below :)

14:46
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/girlsbookoffamousqueens_01_hoytfarmer_128kb.mp3
Great work! Chapter 1 is PL OK! :clap:

I'll attend to the others at the start of the week :D
Thanks Elijah! No rush :)
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Hello! Section 5 has been added to the MW.
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Hello! Section 6 has been uploaded to the MW and is ready for PL whenever is convenient.

Thanks!
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Hi there! Section 8 is ready for PL whenever able. Thanks!
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Hi there! Section 9 is up and ready for PL whenever convenient. I split the chapter, so this first half ends around page 193. Thanks!
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!