OPEN - [DR] Ivanhoe, by Sir Walter Scott - rap

Plays and other dramatic works
Robundle

Post by Robundle »

LCaulkins wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 5:26 pm One note: The volume is a smidge lower than LV parameters (which is zero problem in these files, since they'll all be adjusted, anyway, when the chapters are assembled), so I would recommend increasing your recording volume by 3-4 decibels for future LV files.
I didn't do any processing on these, thinking it better to allow maximum flexibility during the later mixing. I'll go for a bit louder in any case via mic placement/gain, but would you prefer me to go ahead and process future tracks to 89 dB? I usually use the Audacity ReplayGain plugin for that.
~ Robert Cheyne
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Robundle wrote: April 4th, 2024, 8:50 am
LCaulkins wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 5:26 pm One note: The volume is a smidge lower than LV parameters (which is zero problem in these files, since they'll all be adjusted, anyway, when the chapters are assembled), so I would recommend increasing your recording volume by 3-4 decibels for future LV files.
I didn't do any processing on these, thinking it better to allow maximum flexibility during the later mixing. I'll go for a bit louder in any case via mic placement/gain, but would you prefer me to go ahead and process future tracks to 89 dB? I usually use the Audacity ReplayGain plugin for that.
Thanks for asking. For this project, they're just fine being sent in as they are. My husband and I do the editing, so I know every role file is fine-tuned when the chapter gets assembled. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Priamedes

Post by Priamedes »

Back to recording

Erik
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Priamedes wrote: April 4th, 2024, 8:08 pm Bois-Guilbert 21!

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ivanhoe_bois-guilbert_21.mp3 (02:59)
21 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
StaceyM2022

Post by StaceyM2022 »

Hello,

May I claim the Tournament Marshall role?

thanks,
Stacey
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yes, thank you very much :)

You'll find all those sections together now, currently at line 214
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks! Fitzurse is queued for attention tomorrow
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

LCaulkins wrote: April 10th, 2024, 7:40 pm Thanks! Fitzurse is queued for attention tomorrow
Sorry to take so long! It takes more time to literally tear your kitchen apart for refinishing than I anticipated! :lol:

Really love your Fitzurse, and ch. 8 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Priamedes

Post by Priamedes »

Back to recording

Erik
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Priamedes wrote: April 16th, 2024, 8:17 pm Our Templar in chapter 24

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ivanhoe_bois-guilbert_24.mp3 (11:56)
Thanks, Erik!

That was a good chapter for Bois-Guilbert, and you did a fabulous job with it! 11 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, Elijah!
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, Elijah! 13 and 33 are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

I have a few PL Notes for you:

ch. 11 - One missing line, should come in at 0:12 -

Merry Man 1, Merry Man 2, Merry Man 3, Merry Man 4, Miller: “A forfeit — a forfeit,”
shouted the robbers;
Merry Man 3: “A Saxon hath thirty zecchins, and returns sober from a village!”
Merry Man 4: “An undeniable and unredeemable forfeit of all he hath about him.”
Gurth: “I hoarded it to purchase my freedom,”

ch 29 - Pretty please, would you mind doing this line over in a you're-going-into-battle yell? :)

Ch 32 - these two lines would also greatly benefit from "ambiance" - they should be enthusiastic yells in the "he's a jolly good fellow!" style
~Lynette * -