johnleloup one minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files.
JohnLeloup

Post by JohnLeloup »

Here is my one minute test recording for JohnLeLoup.
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

JohnLeloup wrote: November 25th, 2023, 3:08 pm Here is my one minute test recording for JohnLeLoup.
Welcome to Librivox, John!

Your voice is pleasant and clear.

While your test meets most of the Librivox technical standards, the volume is too low at 82.4 dB. The acceptable range is between 86 and 92 dB, with 89-90 being the ideal.

If you are using Audacity, here are instructions for increasing your volume settings (you should only have to do this once):

Make sure the the input gain slider in Audacity (upper right with the little mic icon) is well to the right. Then adjust the input gain on your mic so your raw recording has wave forms that peak at about the 0.5 marks in the Audacity window:

If necessary, adjust the volume level before exporting by using Effects > Loudness Normalization, set to -19 LUFS.

You can pre-check your audio yourself by downloading the free Checker app: https://cgjennings.ca/projects/checker/
Passed with Warnings is a fail with regard to volume.

Please make a new test recording and post it in a reply to this message. I will come back and review it for you.

Thanks,
Winnifred
JohnLeloup

Post by JohnLeloup »

Here is my second attempt. I used the checker and it passed. I'm happy to redo it if necessary.
regards,
John
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

JohnLeloup wrote: November 26th, 2023, 10:23 am Here is my second attempt. I used the checker and it passed. I'm happy to redo it if necessary.
regards,
John
Can you please include the link to the upload in your post? I can't access the revised test without that. (If you didn't keep the link, you may need to reupload it.)

Thanks,
Winnifred
JohnLeloup

Post by JohnLeloup »

My apologies, I’ll re post tomorrow.
John
JohnLeloup

Post by JohnLeloup »

Here is my reposted test recording.
JohnLeloup

Post by JohnLeloup »

lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

JohnLeloup wrote: November 27th, 2023, 12:13 pm here is my one minute test https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_johnleloup.mp3
Hi John!
You have passed and are ready to record!

:thumbs:
Use an RSS Feed and you will never be hungry again.