[Complete] Early English Hero Tales, by Jeannette Augustus Marks- lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Early English Hero Tales, by Jeannette Augustus Marks (1875 - 1964)

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/early-english-hero-tales-by-jeannette-augustus-marks/

Volunteers outside the USA: Jeannette Augustus Marks died in 1964. This person's work may still be protected by copyright in countries where copyright duration is determined by the author's death date. In Europe this is 70 years; in Canada it is 70 years for authors who died after 1971; and in Australia it is 70 years for authors who died after 1955.
Supposing you were asked to enter a Great Palace? And within that palace, you were told, were more than a thousand golden doors? And those doors opened into rooms and upon gardens and balconies, all of which were the most beautiful of palace rooms and gardens? And some were more beautiful than anything the world had ever known before? Do you think you would go through the gate to that palace?

And if you were told that in the palace were lamps so bright that they lighted not only the palace, but cast a glow over the whole world? And that these lamps hung from chains the ends of which you could not see, just as Pryderi was not able to see the ends of the hanging golden chains in the palace which he entered? And once within the Great Palace you were not only better for being there, but also happier and stronger and more beautiful, and never any more could you be lonely? It sounds like an Aladdin's lamp, does it not, which, once seen and touched, could bring so much beauty and power into our lives! Indeed, it is Aladdin's lamp—the lamp of men's minds and souls. And the Great Palace is the Palace of English Literature. (Summary by From the introduction)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/53723

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeannette_Augustus_Marks (Jeannette Augustus Marks)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 11 (add ej400 as DPL please too :D )
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: Yes
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1915
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
[/list]
========================================

Genres for the project: Fantastic Fiction/Myths, Legends & Fairy Tales

Keywords that describe the book: folklore, english folklore, hero tales

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Early English Hero Tales. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Early English Hero Tales, by Jeannette Augustus Marks. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Early English Hero Tales, by Jeannette Augustus Marks."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: earlyenglishherotales_##_marks_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. earlyenglishherotales_01_marks_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: Lynnet

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by ej400 on December 26th, 2023, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

I know I'm early, but could I please claim Chapter 1, The First English Hero?

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Winnifred wrote: November 26th, 2023, 5:41 pm I know I'm early, but could I please claim Chapter 1, The First English Hero?

Thanks,
Not a problem! I'll put you down for it when I've got the MW :thumbs: Thank you!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Setting this up for you.

Edit: Ready to go.
Elijah: are you going to PL?
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Lynnet wrote: November 27th, 2023, 2:39 pm Setting this up for you.

Edit: Ready to go.
Elijah: are you going to PL?
Thank you! Yes, I plan to DPL this :D

I'll fill in the MW soon
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
StaceyM2022

Post by StaceyM2022 »

Hi there,

May I claim the introduction?

Thanks,
Stacey
ej400

Post by ej400 »

StaceyM2022 wrote: November 29th, 2023, 10:25 pm Hi there,

May I claim the introduction?

Thanks,
Stacey
Yes! Thank you!
Zubrette

Post by Zubrette »

Could I claim Chapter 5 - The Shepherd of Lauderdale?
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Zubrette wrote: December 1st, 2023, 7:18 am Could I claim Chapter 5 - The Shepherd of Lauderdale?
Yes you may, thank you for claiming!
DetectiveC

Post by DetectiveC »

May I claim "The Werewolf", please?
ej400

Post by ej400 »

DetectiveC wrote: December 5th, 2023, 1:18 am May I claim "The Werewolf", please?
Hello and welcome to librivox! Before we get you started here, you will need to complete a one minute test: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test It's an audition, just a quick sample recording so we can make sure your technical specs are up to Librivox standards. Would be a shame to record a section only to find out it cannot be used :wink:

Once you get the OK on that, you can head over here and record this section! I'll assign it to you for now, just pending your test of course. But you'll do great and pass. Make sure to post it over in the correct area though, our viewforum.php?f=21 Feel free to post here when your test is OK :mrgreen:

Also, how would you like to be credited? I can create your reader page! It could be a pseudonym, or your name :) I can also attach a personal website you have to it as well, if you like.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask!

Again, welcome! Hope your enjoy it here :9:
Thanks,
Elijah
DetectiveC

Post by DetectiveC »

Thanks for pointing me towards that lot! I'll get that done as soon as I can.

If you could create the Reader Page for me - DetectiveC will be grand!