[Science/Math] Letters on Different Subjects in Natural Philosophy (to a German Princess), by Leonhard Euler -jo

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
prajak

Post by prajak »

JHedrick wrote: January 8th, 2024, 6:43 am
prajak wrote: January 8th, 2024, 1:46 am hello,
the link for section / letter 11 with the correction and the link for letter 10

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/letters1_010_euler_128kb.mp3
Duration 08:13 min

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/letters1_011_euler_128kb.mp3
duration 07:01 min

I want to do more letters. I will check if few are still there after completing my couple of projects.
As it is mentioned, these are not very easy to read in the beginning, then it becomes challenging and interesting too.
I really enjoyed all 3 of them.

Prajakta
Letter 11 is PL Okay :thumbs:

For Letter 10, around 6:16 I hear "wind" twice.
Also, at the same point you begin to read the foot note. When reading footnotes, you should preface them by saying "Footnote", and at the end you should say "End of footnote" before resuming the main text.

If you would just make those small edits and reupload, we should be all set. Do not forget to drop a note here so that I know to spot-listen the new file.

I enjoy your reading and look forward to more. These little technical matters are just part of the learning curve that we all encounter. Keep up the good work.

Hello,
I have reuploaded the file with the required addition.

Duration 08:16 min

last time, after uploading the file I was browsing through the thread and was about to ask the same thing . :-)
thanks for your understanding and encouraging words.
will get back here as soon as possible.

Prajakta
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

prajak wrote: January 10th, 2024, 11:24 pm Hello,
I have reuploaded the file with the required addition.

Duration 08:16 min

last time, after uploading the file I was browsing through the thread and was about to ask the same thing . :-)
thanks for your understanding and encouraging words.
will get back here as soon as possible.

Prajakta
Glad to help :D

PL Okay :thumbs:
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

ej400 wrote: January 17th, 2024, 7:25 am Letter 3:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/letters1_03_euler_128kb.mp3 -7:52

Thank you!
Hi Elijah,

PL Okay on the reading. I need to point out that as this project has more that 100 letters, the file name requires three digits for the chapter. e.g.: letters1_003_euler_128kb.mp3

I believe that the MC can correct this without requiring you to reupload the file.
Jim in Ohio

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Thanks for pointing this out here, Jim. This was far from the only filename with only 2 digits in the section number...

ITD - I've gone through on the server and added the leading zero to all the latest version of all files that were missing it. At some point, please confirm that all the files where you have a note about the filename still play from the section compiler, just in case.
Jo
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: January 17th, 2024, 10:07 am Thanks for pointing this out here, Jim. This was far from the only filename with only 2 digits in the section number...

ITD - I've gone through on the server and added the leading zero to all the latest version of all files that were missing it. At some point, please confirm that all the files where you have a note about the filename still play from the section compiler, just in case.
I've checked them all and they are all correct. I was actually waiting until the end of the project and making them in the MW notes field so that you could do it all with one click of a button at the end instead of many clicks in the middle. But it's kind of you to fix them.
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28
Veenaswa

Post by Veenaswa »

Hi,

Thanks! I will upload section 22 and let you check. Apologies for the delay, for some reason Librivox does not notify me and I was having trouble finding my own post again.

KR,
Veena

Welcome to Librivox, Veenaswa!
It would be great to have you record sections 22-27 for this project (Letters to a German Princess). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

It's great that you're eager to record but many new users have trouble with their first section so instead of assigning all the sections you requested, I've just done section 22. Once that has been uploaded successfully, I would be more than happy to assign you any other sections you would like.Your claim is confirmed - you have two months to submit section 22. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!

Some common questions that new readers ask:
  • Footnotes: They are optional. You can read all, some or none. An easy way to mark them is to say 'footnote' then read the footnote then say 'end footnote'.
  • Quotes: You can mark these by saying 'quote' then reading the quote and then saying 'end quote'. You can decide whether to say quote at all - sometimes it will be clear from context. I'd suggest saying it if the quotation spans multiple sentences.
  • Non-English phrases: We do have to read them. You could 1) pronounce it however you want 2) post in this thread and ask for someone to record it for you so you can either mimic it or splice it into your own recording 3) try Forvo for individual words or the sound icon on Google Translate for a text to speech version to copy.
  • Roman numerals: Read these as their corresponding number.
  • Abbreviations: You can choose to expand these or not to. You could say 'e.g' or 'for example'.
  • Heading numbering: Sometimes books use roman numerals and digits for two different levels of headings. I think a good solution to this is to say 'first, second' etc. for roman numeral headings (I, II etc.) and 'one, two' etc. for digit headings (1, 2 etc.).
[/quote]
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Jim in Ohio

ej400

Post by ej400 »

I should be having the next couple ones coming in shortly, but could I also claim 33 to 42, if that isn't too many? I'm quite enjoying these :D
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

ej400 wrote: January 20th, 2024, 7:45 am I should be having the next couple ones coming in shortly, but could I also claim 33 to 42, if that isn't too many? I'm quite enjoying these :D
Certainly, Elijah!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Letters 5 and 12 are PL Okay :thumbs: :thumbs:
Jim in Ohio