Good morning from Big Sky Montana

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
chuckmerryman

Post by chuckmerryman »

Hello everyone. I am just starting out and getting my bearings. A bit of setup to go before I can be of any use with respect to projects. Retired professor of synthetic biology, lifelong bibliophile . . . Anyhow, the one thing I can probably do right away is write python scripts to automate tasks in Audacity. Don't know if that's even useful yet as I've never edited a recording. But, if there are repetitive tasks anyone hates doing? Give me a ring, I might be able to help.
CuriousEntling

Post by CuriousEntling »

chuckmerryman wrote: October 31st, 2023, 8:33 am Hello everyone. I am just starting out and getting my bearings. A bit of setup to go before I can be of any use with respect to projects. Retired professor of synthetic biology, lifelong bibliophile . . . Anyhow, the one thing I can probably do right away is write python scripts to automate tasks in Audacity. Don't know if that's even useful yet as I've never edited a recording. But, if there are repetitive tasks anyone hates doing? Give me a ring, I might be able to help.
Hi, Chuck! What a thoughtful idea! I have no idea the answer, but if you could shoot your question over on our Help and Advice forum, more people will see your kind offer!

Enjoy those big blue skies!! I'm far on the soggy coast of WA and we haven't seen the sky in days :lol:
-- Nicole
Sailing in a general... that way direction.

2023, 2024: Current Reads: Star Trek Voyager Ghost of a Chance, Welcoming Food, QiGong for Treating Common Ailments
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

chuckmerryman wrote: October 31st, 2023, 8:33 am Hello everyone. I am just starting out and getting my bearings. A bit of setup to go before I can be of any use with respect to projects. Retired professor of synthetic biology, lifelong bibliophile . . . Anyhow, the one thing I can probably do right away is write python scripts to automate tasks in Audacity. Don't know if that's even useful yet as I've never edited a recording. But, if there are repetitive tasks anyone hates doing? Give me a ring, I might be able to help.
Welcome to Librivox, Chuck!

Once you have completed your one minute test, I thought you might be interested in contributing to these projects, given your interests: You can see all the available group projects that are looking for readers here.
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28