COMPLETE: Short Nonfiction Collection, Vol. 060 - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
soupy

Post by soupy »

An Every-Day Experience is PLOK Dale :thumbs:

Craig
The world needs some positive fanaticism.

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaard on Christianity
Kierkegaards Challenge
PSAhdi

Post by PSAhdi »

PSAhdi wrote: October 24th, 2018, 2:09 am
Sue Anderson wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 11:12 am
PSAhdi wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 6:32 am Hi,
I am interested in 2 or 3 stories from "Bird Stories" (http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/25600).
I hope I can start stright away or someone need to assign it to me? Could you please confirm?

Regards,
Pradeep Singh Ahdi
Hi Pradeep, Welcome to the Nonfiction Collection! :) I took a look at the book you mentioned, Bird Stories, Little Gateways to Science. Each chapter of this book is a description of a different bird species, written in the form of a "story" to appeal to younger readers. Since the descriptions are factual, the "stories" are OK to read for the Nonfiction Collection.

You get to choose what you read for the Nonfiction Collection. I would suggest you read and submit just one chapter of the book at a time.

I see that the LibriVox administrator knotyouraveragejo has already suggested you submit a sound check of your recording equipment (the "one minute test") before you begin recording. This is good advice. I hope you would follow her suggestion. You will find the instructions on how to make this equipment test here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. You will be reading a short paragraph which begins ”People were pleased to find . . .” Please understand that this reading is NOT an audition (we accept all readers); it’s just to be sure the specifications for your recording are what LibriVox needs. When your 1-minute test is complete, you will want to post it on this Librivox forum: viewforum.php?f=21. A volunteer with recording expertise will listen and help you along. When they say you’re ready to do an actual recording, then you’ll be ready to read a selection from Bird Stories.

We look forward to your contribution to the Nonfiction Collection.

Regards,
Many thanks, Sue
I will definitely record only one chapter at a time and upload it. Unfortunately I did not get the message from "knotyouraveragejo" or I don't know where to look for it. Could you please guide me where to find admin's messages and where can I get the 1min reading text?

Regards,
Pradeep
Hi Sue,

I've uploaded my 1 minute test and uploaded "Listeners and Editors Wanted". waiting for the feedback.

Regards,
Pradeep
regards,
PS Ahdi
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

PSAhdi wrote: October 25th, 2018, 2:04 am Hi Sue,

I've uploaded my 1 minute test and uploaded "Listeners and Editors Wanted". waiting for the feedback.

Regards,
Pradeep
Hi Pradeep, Bravo! Once one of our "tech-savy" volunteers has checked the technical specifications of your 1-minute test, you'll be ready to do some actual book recording! :)

Regards,
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

Volume 060 is now closed! Sincere and hearty thanks to all who participated in this volume of the Nonfiction Collection! :clap:

Please look for Volume 061 in the "Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose) thread.

Kind regards from your Book Coordinator and Dedicated Proof Listener, Sue and Craig
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations! This collection is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed.

https://librivox.org/short-nonfiction-collection-vol-060-by-various/
Jo