COMPLETE: Aesop's Fables, Volume 3 (Fables 51-75) - SW/ll

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Real life has a way of intruding sometimes. You guys take care of yourselves. But thanks for sending the Fable - I'm downloading it now.
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

What a WONDERFUL recording, Duncan! Ed's voice is perfect in this - thanks SO much for making it happen. These things really do make wonderful family projects.

Hey everyone - download this thing and listen to it! It's only 1:43 long.
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Oh, Duncan that was just charming! Tell your son he did a wonderful job and I hope he reads some more for us!
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
sihaya_m

Post by sihaya_m »

Hi Chip,

I'm doing some recording this morning, do you want some fable "orphans" adopted??

let me know - could easily do one or two within 30 mins or so.

geetu
sihaya_m

Post by sihaya_m »

Ah! Just listened to "Fathers & Sons" ... Charming is indeed the perfect word.

I'm so pleased your son was part of the recording ... it couldn't have been more perfect!

geetu
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

sihaya_m wrote:I'm doing some recording this morning, do you want some fable "orphans" adopted??
I appreciate the offer geetu, but despite what I said earlier I'm uncomfortable with taking readings away from folks who signed up for them. I'm about to post Volume 5 with a fresh set of rules which address this issue from the moment of signup. Drop on by Short Stories & Poetry and tell me what you think.
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
sihaya_m

Post by sihaya_m »

ChipDoc wrote:I appreciate the offer geetu, but despite what I said earlier I'm uncomfortable with taking readings away from folks who signed up for them. I'm about to post Volume 5 with a fresh set of rules which address this issue from the moment of signup. Drop on by Short Stories & Poetry and tell me what you think.
Okie dokie ... I do understand not wanting to take readings away from folks ... as we've all said, real-life can get in the way of us all.

And I don't think there's any problem with "opening" Vol 5 while still waiting to finish & close up Vol 4.

"hear" you around!! :D

geetu

EDIT - oops, just realized this is Vol 3 you're trying to close up.
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

sihaya_m wrote:EDIT - oops, just realized this is Vol 3 you're trying to close up.
Yeah... that bothers me. But I think it's important to not get too "intense" about deadlines. This is, after all, a volunteer effort. Many of these projects take MONTHS to complete, so it seems somehow rude to change the rules in midstream simply because I think they're lagging behind.

Go take a look at Volume 5, sign up for as many as you like, and let me know what you think of the new design.
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
nerdvana
Location: Thonotosassa, Florida, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, The Universe

Post by nerdvana »

ChipDoc wrote:What a WONDERFUL recording, Duncan! Ed's voice is perfect in this - thanks SO much for making it happen. These things really do make wonderful family projects.

Hey everyone - download this thing and listen to it! It's only 1:43 long.
Actually its Andrew not "Ed" *grin*
LibraryLady wrote:Oh, Duncan that was just charming! Tell your son he did a wonderful job and I hope he reads some more for us!
sihaya_m wrote:Ah! Just listened to "Fathers & Sons" ... Charming is indeed the perfect word.

I'm so pleased your son was part of the recording ... it couldn't have been more perfect!

geetu
I relayed all these comments to Andrew and, true to his age (eight), he got all embarassed.

LibraryLady: He may not participate often (it was a bit frustrating for him still) but he enjoyed the end result so I think it will happen again. My daughters are a few years young for this (they don't follow directions or control their voices well enough yet) otherwise we might involve them also.
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

We're still waiting on three of these:

03-09 THE LAMP <akwhitacre>

03-16 THE SWOLLEN FOX <Biotron2000>
03-21 JUPITER AND THE TORTOISE <Biotron2000>

Hope to hear from you soon, guys! ;)
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
Biotron2000

Post by Biotron2000 »

ChipDoc wrote:We're still waiting on three of these:

03-16 THE SWOLLEN FOX <Biotron2000>
03-21 JUPITER AND THE TORTOISE <Biotron2000>

Hope to hear from you soon, guys! ;)
Chip,
I just got over a bout of bronchitis coupled with tonsillitis...I plan on recording mine tonight. I haven't flaked out on you! ;-)
Patrick McNeal
[url=http://www.jacpat.com][img]http://www.jacpat.com/patrick72x100.jpg[/img][/url]
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Don't sweat it, Patrick. I know how life oftentimes intrudes. I just wanted to send out a reminder - glad you're feeling better and thanks for popping in and letting me know you still intend to record these!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
Biotron2000

Post by Biotron2000 »

Here they are, Chip. Sorry to take so long.

The Swollen Fox

Jupiter And The Tortoise
Patrick McNeal
[url=http://www.jacpat.com][img]http://www.jacpat.com/patrick72x100.jpg[/img][/url]
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

I've got them, Patrick - thanks for sending them!

Now we have just one left in order to complete Volume 3. I've tried to get hold of akwhitacre, but haven't heard anything since Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:42 pm (EST) and I am now declaring this Fable open:

03-09 THE LAMP

Click on the name of the fable for the complete text. As you can see, it should take only about 15 minutes from the time you pick this thing until the time you post the completed MP3 file - even with a modem line!

Once someone records this we can finally post Vols 3, 4, and 5.

Thanks, everyone!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
marlodianne

Post by marlodianne »

I got The Lamp, Chip. Recorded, and will be uploading shortly.
Marlo Dianne
Writer, Artist, Wondergeek
forbiddendragon.blogspot.com

"We live as though the world was as it should be, to show it what it can be." --Angel