COMPLETE: Aesop's Fables, Volume 3 (Fables 51-75) - SW/ll

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

All recordings can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/aesops-fables-volume-3-fables-51-75/

Aesop's Fables, Volume 3 (Fables 51-75)

It's already Thursday and I don't want to get into the weekend without getting started on Volume 3! I thought that the idea of doing Aesop's Fables was charming, but was daunted by the fact that there are 284 of the things. Thanks to Annie for the elegant solution of breaking them up into Volumes of 25 Fables each. That'll allow us to read each Fable as an individual chapter. It'll make for short readings, which should prove a comfortable way for new folks to get their feet wet in the strange new format of reading aloud into your computer. A nice side benefit is that even folks with modem lines should be able to upload these without too much trouble. Most are less than 2 minutes long. Feel free to take a bunch of them!

Target completion date: February 15, 2006
Project Gutenberg e-text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/11339/11339-8.txt

AESOP'S FABLES Volume 3 (Fables 51-75)

03-01 THE ASS AND HIS SHADOW <kri> *DONE*
03-02 THE FARMER AND HIS SONS <nerdvana> *DONE*
03-03 THE DOG AND THE COOK <adelinfdm> *DONE*
03-04 THE MONKEY AS KING <Gesine> *DONE*
03-05 THE THIEVES AND THE COCK <Dvortygirl> *DONE*
03-06 THE FARMER AND FORTUNE <adelinfdm> *DONE*
03-07 JUPITER AND THE MONKEY <Gesine> *DONE*
03-08 FATHER AND SONS <nerdvana> *DONE*
03-09 THE LAMP <marlodiane> *DONE*
03-10 THE OWL AND THE BIRDS <VickiB> *DONE*
03-11 THE ASS IN THE LION'S SKIN <bookworm633> *DONE*
03-12 THE SHE-GOATS AND THEIR BEARDS <abraham60> *DONE*
03-13 THE OLD LION <ophul> *DONE*
03-14 THE BOY BATHING <nerdvana> *DONE*
03-15 THE QUACK FROG <adelinfdm> *DONE*
03-16 THE SWOLLEN FOX <Biotron2000> *DONE*
03-17 THE MOUSE, THE FROG, AND THE HAWK <Mr. Baby Man> *DONE*
03-18 THE BOY AND THE NETTLES <Mr. Baby Man> *DONE*
03-19 THE PEASANT AND THE APPLE-TREE <adelinfdm> *DONE*
03-20 THE JACKDAW AND THE PIGEONS <ophul> *DONE*
03-21 JUPITER AND THE TORTOISE <Biotron2000> *DONE*
03-22 THE DOG IN THE MANGER <kayray> *DONE*
03-23 THE TWO BAGS<VickiB> *DONE*
03-24 THE OXEN AND THE AXLETREES<adelinfdm> *DONE*
03-25 THE BOY AND THE FILBERTS<adelinfdm> *DONE*

There are no numbers in the Gutenberg text, so please search for your fable by name.

File Name Format
Please use Volume and Fable number to distinguish between the fables. For instance, THE ASS IN THE LION'S SKIN would be
fables_03_11_aesop.mp3

ID3 Tag Formats:
Title/Name: The Ass In The Lion's Skin
Artist: Aesop
Album: Aesop's Fables

File Format:
Stereo, 128kpbs, MP3

You may either post a link to your completed files here in the forum or email them to me by clicking this link:
http://www.yousendit.com/?recipient=Chip@ChipDoc.com

If you use YouSendIt.com, please ALSO post the yousendit link here in the forum.

These things are so short that they should easily fit in a mail attachment too, so if you like you can just send them to me at Chip@ChipDoc.com If you do this, PLEASE include the word "LibriVox" in the Subject Line so I don't simply mass-delete them with the hundred spam messages I get each day... sigh.

Please include the following with your file:
- Your name as you would like it to appear on the catalog page
- URL of your homepage if you have one you would like linked to your name on the catalog page

If this is your first recording, you'll also find this useful:
http://librivox.org/about-recording/

The following information should be included within the recordings:

INTRO

"This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: LibriVox.org"

If you wish, say: "Recorded by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"

Say: "Aesop's Fables, [title of fable]"

END OF RECORDING
Please say "end of [title]" and leave a few seconds of silence.

Pease remember to check this thread often for updates!
Last edited by ChipDoc on February 18th, 2006, 6:33 am, edited 26 times in total.
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

03-04 and 03-07. I'll send them in about an hour :)

Gesine
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

I've added this to the catalog. Thanks for going ahead and starting this one up, Chip. With all the new folks who will be wanting short pieces to test their equipment and get used to the process, these will get snatched up in no time!
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Files are on their way to you, Chip - attached to an email with subject LibriVox. Please let me know when you've got them.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
nerdvana
Location: Thonotosassa, Florida, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, The Universe

Post by nerdvana »

I'd like 03-08 Father and Sons and 3 14 The Boy Bathing also.
nerdvana
Location: Thonotosassa, Florida, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, The Universe

Post by nerdvana »

Just sent you "The Boy Bathing" the other two are going to wait until this evening so I can colaborate with my son on them. :)
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Thanks Gesine and Nerdvana - I'm still stuck here at work so I won't be able to get the mail for a while, but I've marked them as done anyhow. Still looking forward to two more from nerdvana.

These things really do go pretty quickly, don't they? Better sign up now! :D
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
nerdvana

Post by nerdvana »

Yes, they do go fast. On that subject my wife would like to claim some as well. I'll have her generate a screen name if she hasn't already, but I don't know it. She'd like the ones with morals stated outright. These would be:

3-3: The Dog and the Cook
3-6: The Farmer and Fortune
3-15: The Quack Frog
3-19: The Peasant and the Apple-Tree
3-24: The Oxen and the Axletrees
3-25: The Boy and the Filberts
nerdvana

Post by nerdvana »

Now, a question for myself. I have had it pointed out to me that I mispronounced Aesop. Do you want me to re-record/correct that part or leave it as is?
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Let me know her screen name as soon as you can so we can mark them in the first post. As far as the Aesop pronunciation goes, I haven't heard it yet (you mailed it to my home and I'm still at work) but unless you pronounce it "shite" I'm inclined to let it go as is. There are many regional variations on a lot of the words here; hearing them is part of the charm of LibriVox!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
nerdvana

Post by nerdvana »

ChipDoc wrote:Let me know her screen name as soon as you can so we can mark them in the first post. As far as the Aesop pronunciation goes, I haven't heard it yet (you mailed it to my home and I'm still at work) but unless you pronounce it "shite" I'm inclined to let it go as is. There are many regional variations on a lot of the words here; hearing them is part of the charm of LibriVox!
She'll be registering today when she gets home from work (early afternoon). Sorry if I sent it to the wrong place.

As far as the pronounciation goes... I said it AY-sop (the way I always have heard it and said it in the past) instead of EE-sop which is the technically correct pronounciation. But I guess it can stand as is. :)
kayray

Post by kayray »

03-22 The Dog in the Manger, please!

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Biotron2000

Post by Biotron2000 »

I'd like to do 03-16 THE SWOLLEN FOX and 03-21 JUPITER AND THE TORTOISE, please!
Patrick McNeal
[url=http://www.jacpat.com][img]http://www.jacpat.com/patrick72x100.jpg[/img][/url]
kri

Post by kri »

Darn it, I really can't resist...

03-01 THE ASS AND HIS SHADOW
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Thanks guys!

03-01 THE ASS AND HIS SHADOW <kri>

03-16 THE SWOLLEN FOX <Biotron2000>
03-21 JUPITER AND THE TORTOISE <Biotron2000>

03-22 THE DOG IN THE MANGER <kayray>

As far as the pronunciation of Aesop goes, I've always pronounced it as an elided ? - as in Encyclop?dia. Just let it go; everyone knows what you mean, and the syllable itself takes only three tenths of a second in any case.
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain